Has this ever happened to you on a school bus?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2006, 12:10 am

This morning started out as any morning would. I got on the bus at 6:40 and listened to my CD player as it went around The Crestpoint section of my neighborhood. We then exited the neighborhood as usual. But about 100 feet away from the entrance, a huge buck came out of nowhere and slammed onto the front of the bus, slaughtering itself in the process. It got decapitated, it's legs were in random places on the road, there was blood gushing all over a ten foot area, and it's body was completely opened up, revealing what appeared to be intestines. And since I'm in the third row, I got an excellent view of all of this, along with everyone else in the front of the bus. When we all got off, we noticed a huge amout of damage to the once flat engine. We'll most likely have a sub bus for tomorrow morning. Oh, and ironically where we hit the deer, there was a deer crossing sign. lol So has anything weird or crazy like that ever happend to you when you were on a school bus? Oh, and city buses count, too! :)

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

09 Nov 2006, 12:16 am

A truck once drove by and knocked the power cable off the bus I was riding in once, sending sparks over a few places. Oh, and one time, our bus got knocked TWICE by a school bus, but that's about as exciting as it gets.

Oh, and one time, my CD player skipped while I was sitting down.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2006, 2:17 am

There was this one day about a month ago where these two buses broke down on the way to school and since our bus was the closest to them, we had to pick up sixty extra middle and high school students and squeeze them into our already cramped bus. Most of us were three to four to a seat!

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2006, 2:34 am

Flitch, that must've been a nightmare! I have an awkward time in a packed elevator, let alone a bus with people spilling out of the windows!

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2006, 5:51 am

It wasn't too bad with the people... It was their stupid backpacks practically slamming themselves onto me! Well, you know what I mean. But when those backpacks are full have heavy never-been-used books, you know you're going to get a bruise or two. Don't worry, they healed!

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2006, 5:57 am

My bag is the heaviest thing in the world, but at least it acts as a counter-weight to prevent me from slouching too much. I think it's possible for me to break bones with. But I wouldn't try it. I like sitting at the back of the bus because that's where the least people ae, and I can get immersed in the music I'm listening to more easily.

ljbouchard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2006, 8:15 am

OK first thing first,

As to the deer incident, sounds like a buck who was looking to rut a doe so bad that it was out of its mind. This is mating season for deer and they do stupid things this time of year. If you think the damage was bad, you should see what a moose can do.

The weirdest thing I ever heard regarding a school bus was when I was told that the driver who had the route I was driving before I did had a golf ball go through the windshield of the bus.

"Only when all those who surround you are different, do you truly belong."
---------------------------------------------------
Fred Tate Little Man Tate

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2006, 8:40 am

i have had was a few incidents with school buses,

in elementry school i was launched into weightlessnes for about a second and hit ceiling and landed in seat in front of me when bus went over an uneven road cobblestone/blacktop in front of the old barrecks in trenton rick bus company: get some seatbelts on your busses!! !

one was in middle school we broke down at a light and coasted into the school circle that was about 4th of a mile away from traffic light,

been packed into a 16 person "short bus" on way from technical school we had 20 people on it a few had to sit accross some seatbelts and one had to sit in stairwell near doors,

one driver that used to drive us home from technical school got into a fight with a girl who don't drive straight and principal of school called police and the bus company and driver was transferred to a differant route. (girl with driving problems provoked it)

on another route, some hoodlums threw a metal garbage can at bus (and the windows didnt break)and also attempted to draw graffitti on side of it while dropping kids off (bad kids on a bike). there was no drawings because as we were turning the corner, we did it at differant speeds so they cant keep a steady ride on their bike while tagging bus

and also had a few drivers through the years that reminded me of otto from the simpsons(the drugged up hippie bus driver)

after about 10 complaints to bus compnay tehy got the clue and cleared out the druggies and the people with attitudes(driver of the "short bus" had a pretty nasty attitide that made me and others call directly to bus company)

all while having these incidants(accept stalling bus) i had like a 40 lb bookbag(see post about stuffed pockets, not sure if alex cleared that one)

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2006, 11:14 am

doordoctor wrote:
in elementry school i was launched into weightlessnes for about a second and hit ceiling and landed in seat in front of me when bus went over an uneven road

Hope you weren't hurt, doordoctor, but... :lol: :lol: :lol:

ljbouchard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2006, 12:07 pm

When I was a child, I enjoyed being in the back of the bus and wanted the driver to get me as close to the ceiling as possible. When I was driving bus, my students were not as much interested but I from what I hear from the normal bus drivers, their students enjoy it very much.

"Only when all those who surround you are different, do you truly belong."
---------------------------------------------------
Fred Tate Little Man Tate

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2006, 7:00 pm

heheeheh ljbouchard, no i wasnt hurt, but was kinda scary i was like 8 or 9 at time.

i have had one driver who enjoyed giving free "launches" she had to be careful when to do them beucase the bus company manger sometimes liked to drive around in his personal car and "spy" on his drivers making sure they werent doing what they werent suppose to do.

i have been in back getting launched before i started carrying around the heavy bookbag. the secret to getting the most out of your "flight" is to pick a seat fartheest from the rear axle(last 3 rows) and kneel on seat then when bus hits bump jump up (be careful dont bump your head) that will add about half a second more to the weightlessness.

speed and type of hump: them wide road humps that are sometimes seen in small residential areas, the speed, since a 57 seater (regular standard sized school bus)has a wide wheelbase the driver has to floor it when front wheels pass over the highest point of hump this will then get bus to about 30 MPH by then kids in back would be ready and enjoy their flight.

sorry it was long and in great detail but that is get the best results out the mini "space flight" in rear of the bus