When you die, you (don't) see the Ring.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2012, 2:28 pm

In the movie, the Ring, if you look up from inside the well and the cover is fully closed, you see a ring of light.

However, this does not work. The only way you could see a ring of light is if the lid is smaller than the opening of the well, in which case, the lid would fall right on top of you...

This is the movie, The Ring, with Naomi Watts I think: IMDB Page The Ring

Forever in debt to your priceless advice

Rhiannon0828
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Apr 2012, 4:08 pm

The Ring perished in Orodruin at the end of the Third Age. :D

Bonafan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Apr 2012, 4:19 pm

Wow, you are right. That is awesome.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2012, 4:47 pm

You are technically correct. However, there is a possible way it would work. If the lid was a clear color, with a dark, solid colored center. Then you would see a ring of light if a light were shining above at the time you looked up the well. :D

For the record, I have never seen or heard of this movie, so I have no idea of what it is about. :D

sage_gerard
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Apr 2012, 8:05 am

And here I was thinking that watching fiction meant agreeing to suspend disbelief. :roll:

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2012, 5:50 pm

questor wrote:
You are technically correct. However, there is a possible way it would work. If the lid was a clear color, with a dark, solid colored center. Then you would see a ring of light if a light were shining above at the time you looked up the well. :D

For the record, I have never seen or heard of this movie, so I have no idea of what it is about. :D

It's not. It's a solid, concrete/stone lid.

Forever in debt to your priceless advice

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2012, 8:36 pm

Maybe the lid is actually falling in, and so that you do see a ring for a little while -- and then you see stars when the lid smacks you in the face. :wink: