Hi,

PSP:

Colours that already exist:

Colours proposed in te future:

Warren
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Nov 2006, 7:48 pm

mine is a small soft toy rabbit. Goes everywhere.

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2006, 10:33 pm

I carry a small red ninja around in my pocket, and I sleep with Max (my Build-a-Bear friend), and I almost always have my lightsaber in my backpack.

markaudette
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2006, 10:56 pm

If I had one comfort item, it's this mechanical pencil I bought a long time ago.

I bought it at an office supply store and it was the last one for sale. I like trying out new mechanical pencils like other people like to test drive cars. And to my surprise, it has turned out to be the most perfect fitting pencil I have ever owned. It's a very comfortable pencil to hold.

I wish I could carry it around with me everywhere. But I can't. I have grown so attached to that pencil that I think I'd have a nervous breakdown if it ever broke. So if I'm feeling really vunerable, stresses out or at the end of my rope I will carry the pencil with me. I can't explain why but that nice comfortable pencil helps me feel more relaxed somehow.

So what's the use of carrying around a comfort item I can't always carry around with me?

I have tried looking high and low on the net for another pencil just like it but it has long since been out of production.

Oh, my sweet Castell XF.

I really need to get an MP3 player but if I did that, I'd never stop listening to the thing.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2006, 12:01 am

Tell me when the red PSPs come out.

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

13 Nov 2006, 12:36 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
Tell me when the red PSPs come out.

You can get stickers for those, but I suppose they're not the same...

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

Taliesin-DS
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Nov 2006, 5:25 pm

It depends on were i go, unless it's unusually hot i'll allways wear a jacket, dunno why but it just makes me feel more comfortable/safe instead of just a t-shirt or something.
If i go further away from home then about 15 min travel i always take my backback with me with at least a mp3 player, mp3 cd player, about 20 mp3 cd's, 8 spare batteries,spare earthingies, 2 books (always got a spare for when i finish the first one :P), compact umbrella, pocket knife, pen + paper, cd wallet with pc troubleshooting stuff, best 3 magic the gathering decks, spare pack of tobacco, strip of 600mg ibuprofen, 2 cans of red bull and a sleeping bag + self inflatable matress when i go to a party and there is a change i won't get home that day.

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2006, 6:13 pm

Which is a better system: Nintendo or Playstation? And after that, which is better: PSP, or Game Boy Advance or Game Boy Micro?

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2006, 6:14 pm

i guess some here knw what my comfort objects are, (funaho,anon65and drummergirl) knows what it is!

for u who havent, 3 of them have arms, they use hydrualic oil inside, the other ones are pneumatic and the storm door on your houses probably have 1 or 2 of them.

ok for you who give up, its door closers and hinges :D

squier
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2006, 8:24 pm

i have a calm-me-down ball, as i call it, it really is called a "wobbly knobbly"...

when i am in bed, i have a sleeping comfort object, it is a toy tigger i sleep with... i call him hobbes, i got him for my first birthday from my aunt marcia. she was taking me with her to get me one, and when i saw it i picked it up, but when we got to the check out isle, i wouldn't let go when my aunt wanted to put it back, so she got it as a present for me..., it used to be that when you pulled hobbes' tail, he made some sort of noise, but that doesn't work anymore. hobbes has been through alot, hes been chucked up on, carried around in a dog's mouth. when i was a baby, i would chew on his nose, i love my little hobbes..

NOTE: it is a tigger, not a tiger... :oops:

my book:
http://www.lulu.com/content/710903

rhubarbpluscustard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Nov 2006, 7:32 am

hyper_alien wrote:
ROUTEMASTERS! 8)

They rule!

happygal
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Nov 2006, 7:42 am

SolaCatella wrote:
I don't have a specific comfort object. For me, the comfort object has always been The Book. The Book's actual identity changes depending on what I'm reading, and sometimes there are two of them. I feel much more comfortable if I have a book with me, because then if everything gets too much I can bury my nose in it, find a comfortable corner, and spend some time calming down. Plus, I won't be bored.

This is great...freely admit to being an NT female, although a fairly non typical one socially in some ways...still with lots of the NT obliviousness that I am working on :-) ...but this is great.

I NEVER go anywhere without at least one book, my camera (if I hate what everyone else seems to be finding exciting, then I can enjoy my passion for learning photograpy - which has maybe bordered lately on becoming what might be a very aspie-like obsession?) and often my backpack (I don't carry a purse either) usually complete with my laptop, toothbrush and toothpaste, chapstick, tweezers, any of the over the counter meds I keep in my medicine cabinet, something to write with/on, my ipod, a deck of cards and a few other things.

Among NT women...I am definitely odd, not quite don't fit in completely, but considered endearingly quirky...since I met the guy I'm dating who has AS and sent me here to do some reading...wow...somehow I feel like smiling :-)

Breakbot
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Nov 2006, 7:56 am

I almost always carry a bag of some kind (not purse, I hate that word... purse). In it I usually bring my sketchbooks, my favourite mechanical pencil, inking pens, current book I'm reading, my sexy black DS lite and a game or two, my wallet, my phone, my large amount of keys, and whatever else that I may have put in there temporarily.

dexkaden wrote:
Which is a better system: Nintendo or Playstation? And after that, which is better: PSP, or Game Boy Advance or Game Boy Micro?

If anything, you should be comparing the PSP with the current nintendo DS, and not nintendo's previous generation of handhelds. I have lost faith in Sony recently, so I'd go with nintendo.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2006, 8:20 am

Yeah,

Sony showed their stupidity recently when they said only DELL and IBM(?) got the bad batteries, and it didn't affect SONY at all! Last I heard, affected companies where

SONY
Dell
IBM
APPLE

Sont was actually one of the first to get a picture of their exploding laptop on the internet.
Who knows who else. Some have said that this one coverup could DESTROY THEM! Just the shipping, record keeping, and bad faith is enough to destroy most fortune 1000 companies. And what happens if they miss one, and the person thinks a laptop is actually supposed to be able to be used on top of your lap? How much could they get? Frivolous cases of that nature have gotten many MILLIONS!

Oh well, maybe they will end up like DEC. DEAD, but with the assets going to a company that can try to build them up.

Steve

jukebox
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Nov 2006, 11:55 am

I have a stuffed bear that I've had since I was four, she's positively molded to the shape of my chest. I'll cuddle up with it if I'm sleeping alone or profoundly stressed.

That said, the idea of carrying with me a backpack of everything one could need to survive is so incredibly appealing to me, I think I may have to do it.