Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

serine
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Feb 2005, 12:15 am

I had hard time in my young-ness to identify myself to other people as i rarelly seen something, in anyone, "looking like me".

Anyway i did meet several people in my life (a lot less than 0.1%) that i found i shared something with, something i could (nearly trully) notice on their face without behing able to name it.

In most others person i dont notice a lot of thing so i was asking myself if some of you were seeing or not, something simillar in some people, i mean something you have in common.

May be either a stupid or personnal related question here

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2005, 4:11 am

Sorry I didn't understand any of that.

Do you mean why do we like people? Can we see through people?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2005, 8:34 am

serine wrote:
I had hard time in my young-ness to identify myself to other people as i rarelly seen something, in anyone, "looking like me".

Anyway i did meet several people in my life (a lot less than 0.1%) that i found i shared something with, something i could (nearly trully) notice on their face without behing able to name it.

In most others person i dont notice a lot of thing so i was asking myself if some of you were seeing or not, something simillar in some people, i mean something you have in common.

May be either a stupid or personnal related question here

Nah, that isn't a dumb question. I had that too, just that I new what AS was and strangely I don't think I ever saw any of these people showing much in the way of directly AS behavior (it still tends to work that way).

I don't know if I believe in all that metaphysical 'spirit family' type stuff but that connection at a deeper level of their essence I think is what some people may wanna describe as that. IMO I'd just call it genetic likelness - ie. you have so many of the same characteristics that you almost feel like the person's some kind of kindred spirit when you look at em.

Problem I always had though; they were usually NT and in the end I still couldn't meet minds with em as well as other people could.

Tere
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2005, 11:21 am

Serine most of the time what I see in people initially is not like how they really are. That's what a lot of conflict for me is. I am the way I am all the time. People I have met or worked with present themselves one way in the beginning and turn out to be something totally different.

I can't understand why people can't be what they are. It would make life a lot easier!

axelkat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2005, 1:18 pm

not real clear on the subject but ill give it a shot. I tend to relate mostly with people that are very liberal but not all of them. The main thing that seperates my real friends from others is that they seem interested in what i have to say and do not get offended easily. I think that most people that i dislike are impatient and dont wanna get past the small meaningless chitchat.
A

BigSnoopy126
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Feb 2005, 3:52 pm

I don't qite understand the question either, so I'm going to assume it means what I guess it means, that is, can I tell what other people are thinking/how they are acting, and if so, how much of that can I sense.

I tend to always try to see the positive in people, and just assume that they are nice, because to not do so is too scary, thinking that people won't be. I can often sense joking if someone is laughing at the same time, but if a person keeps a straight face really well I might not be able to tel lthey're joking, except for one friend I know really well who I often, but not always, can tell he's joking. (BUt with him, there are certain times you're better off figuring he is, anyway :-)

My main thing is, it's hard for me to differentiate between people; at times I find myself seeing a person and trying to decide who that person is similar to in my mind, because that helps me to understand them better. I.e.: This person wears a leather jacket and acts cool, but he's pretty nice, if a bit of a rebel, from the few times I've seen him, I'll bet he's just like the Fonz." That sort of thing. Comparing someone to a real or fictional person is something others do, too, but not to the extent I do.

Sorry if this is totally unrealated to the question :-)

serine
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Feb 2005, 7:53 pm

techstepgenr8tion was more or less right about genetic, it should be something related to this.
At least it seems i can find things that are similars in (some) people and me. Dunno if this is related to psychological personality or to genetical stuff. At the end the problem is that i dont know what it is and i dont know how to deal with this either

i always had hard time to speak about what i may see as even if things seems pretty clear for me, they do not appear clear in my words, sorry about it

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2005, 8:24 pm

serine wrote:
techstepgenr8tion was more or less right about genetic, it should be something related to this.
At least it seems i can find things that are similars in (some) people and me. Dunno if this is related to psychological personality or to genetical stuff. At the end the problem is that i dont know what it is and i dont know how to deal with this either

i always had hard time to speak about what i may see as even if things seems pretty clear for me, they do not appear clear in my words, sorry about it

Nah, I have the same time explaining half my thoughts to people and being a damn visual poet at times can't even communicate my thoughts. The problem is, if people haven't had the experience of seeing things from that angle (which seems to be just as many aspies as NT's I find) then they aren't going to understand. That goes just aswell for anyone else I'd imagine as most people have certain facets or dimensions to their personalities that are a little too unique to easily convey to people.

As for whether the likeness your seeing is psychological or genetic, I tend to find that outward appearance does usually end up having some validity - usually in a sense where much like myself, they can go in a million different directions with their personalities but I can tell what kind of base personality they had to start with. To me it's that genetic base personality which I think we see.