Okay, now, this might sound very very weird.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2012, 10:37 am

So I have a fangirl problem. I've been told that over two dozens of girls in my grade are obsessed with me. And I'm a girl. The scariest part is that they don't show any sign that an aspie can read. But my informer(s) certainly can, and they swear by their words that those girls have a love obsession. I know this sounds very stupid. I'm asexual and I'm freaked out. What should I do? 8O

Ackman
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2012, 10:41 am

Have you tried medication?

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2012, 10:51 am

Medication?
I swear someone( a nt friend of mine) just told me this. I'm not nuts. If I don't get rid of this situation I'll surely go nuts.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2012, 10:57 am

Based on what I've seen of your personality on here, I'm not necessarily doubting that what you are saying is true based on how you act, as you seem like a kind and likeable person... Have you thought that perhaps the people telling you are manipulating you? Girls especially can be manipulative when it comes to social things. As people with Asperger's, we don't pick up on body language and tone of voice, etc., as well as other people do [though we can learn.] Perhaps you are not reading the signals correctly that these girls are giving off when they tell you this stuff? They may just want to see your reaction if they tell you these things and alter your thinking about the other girls.

I haven't had that specific issue but I have had situations where I did not properly read the body language of people and they were able to say things or do things and I thought that they were true/right when it turned out that they weren't later.

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2012, 11:03 am

Around 4 or 5 people have told me this over the semester. I didn't take it seriously at first. The girls that were accused of/ thought as having a crush on me all seemed perfectly normal(except for one). I mean like kpop loving, Jeremy Lin obsessed, normal straight girls. I can't see anything wrong. Maybe the informers are manipulating me, yeah, but I thought they were my...friends. :(

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2012, 11:05 am

jmnixon95 wrote:
Based on what I've seen of your personality on here, I'm not necessarily doubting that what you are saying is true, as you seem like a kind and likeable person... Have you thought that perhaps the people telling you are manipulating you? Girls especially can be manipulative when it comes to social things. As people with Asperger's, we don't pick up on body language and tone of voice, etc., as well as other people do [though we can learn.] Perhaps you are not reading the signals correctly that these girls are giving off when they tell you this stuff? They may just want to see your reaction if they tell you these things and alter your thinking about the other girls.

I haven't had that specific issue but I have had situations where I did not properly read the body language of people and they were able to say things or do things and I thought that they were true/right when it turned out that they weren't later.

This rings a bell so to speak.. Have been told similar things only to later realise that I was being misled. Although it could be genuine too of course.
Not that it's at all easy, but if you can confirm whether or not what people are saying is true then you could state clearly you're not interested and ask them to stop. Or relax, as it were, if it's not true.
it's a pickle though, hope you can find a solution.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2012, 11:06 am

jamieevren1210 wrote:
Maybe the informers are manipulating me, yeah, but I thought they were my...friends. :(

Oh, I was just suggesting something. Girls with AS have a harder time with cliquey things than those who don't have it. I was also going on my personal experience with other girls doing similar things to me. I'm not saying that what I said is how it is; I was just throwing out a suggestion. It was like a worst-case scenario thing.

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2012, 11:11 am

jmnixon95 wrote:
jamieevren1210 wrote:
Maybe the informers are manipulating me, yeah, but I thought they were my...friends. :(

Oh, I was just suggesting something. Girls with AS have a harder time with cliquey things than those who don't have it. I was also going on my personal experience with other girls doing similar things to me. I'm not saying that what I said is how it is; I was just throwing out a suggestion. It was like a worst-case scenario thing.

For now, I'll just assume that it's exam-related stress that's causing this insanity. :wink: