Page 210 of 276 [ 4407 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213 ... 276  Next

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 3:27 pm

Rune Factory 3.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 3:37 pm

Google Quick Draw. It's a casual game but I find it fun and do it every day.

Jacosy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 May 2019, 7:15 am

CS, GTA V

EZStathem
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 May 2019, 10:57 am

I play compendium in Dota 2, turbo modes)

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2019, 12:30 pm

Blood: Flesh Supply. Nightdive Studios' remaster of the very first Blood game with expansions added.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2019, 2:05 am

I've been playing a few games from the Touhou series, after being introduced to it initially with one of its fan made games. Mostly been playing Touhou 6 and 7, and recently picked up 16 and Fantastic Danmaku Festival (another fanmade game) on Steam. I've made the most progress in Touhou 6 and FDF so far, being able to consistently get to their last level on normal difficulty. It took me a while to get into because initially it seemed like the games were incredibly difficult, and though it still is I can tell that after even a short time it's gotten much easier for me. I've played plenty of shmups before, but not this particular subgenre where the bullets tend to fill the entire screen and the player hitbox is a bit nebulous and quite a bit smaller than the sprite. They're fun games and I love the music from them, and it's really impressive that they're made by a single developer.

Besides that I've been playing the console arcs from Higurashi When They Cry. Since it's taking forever for the last two main arcs to release and Ciconia isn't coming out until August I'm playing them to pass the time. They're not as good as the main arcs and they're written by other authors, but it's still compelling and I'm enjoying reading this different scenario with other characters, with similar recurring motifs.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2019, 2:41 pm

I am playing Hitman 2 at the mo, on the xbox one.
Really awesome game, as are all the Hitman series.
Hitman 2 must be the best though. So much more to do.

SuperEuroNEET
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jun 2019, 7:40 pm

I played the Nioh 2 and Code Vein beta demo things.

Nioh 2 was good. It was basically more Nioh. It's really obvious that they don't know how to design a good level, or even a good encounter. This isn't like a Miyazaki game where every single encounter is designed with a clear attention to detail. That said, I enjoyed the demo. I'll buy the full game. The combat has just enough depth, and there are just enough options for the player, that it offsets the fact that the levels are bad.

Code Vein is something else, though. This is a game they barely made. To begin with, the first level is a cave. Honestly, they might as well start you in a sewer, at least that'd be funny. This cave is a series of corridors, and there are enemies here. They're all really big, but they act like the starter enemies from Dark Souls, so I assume the decision to make them so big was so that it would be impossible to actually design encounters involving more than one of them at a time. That's for the best, because all of your attacks are cumbersome, and the animations are amateur. This actually feels like an indie game in that regard; animations barely blend together and characters feel like they're just skirting about. At the end of the day, the level design is nonexistent and this game is going to fail as a result, but the character creation is incredible and I have to give them credit for that. It actually feels weird in a way, because the female characters are ridiculously sexualised, but the narrative doesn't account for it. It seems confused, and so am I, but not about the fact that this is a bad game.

Nydcat
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Jun 2019, 9:40 pm

Pillars of Eternity
Borderlands pre sequel

Bread and Roses
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jun 2019, 9:48 am

Monster World IV. I ADORE the Wonder Boy/Monster World games.
I'm excited that it's become available (legally) in the west in the past few years. And it's on the upcoming non-AT Games Genesis/Mega Drive mini!! !

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2019, 9:36 pm

Playing Sigil, John Romero's long awaited Episode 5 for Ultimate Doom.

Mixed feelings about this: it's certainly a tough challenge, which is good, but too much of that challenge comes from so called 'damaging floors' and, in the case of one map, ridiculously murderous crushers, both of which make the episode a bit of a pain at times.

Playing on UV difficulty, continuous play, Z Doom.

Romero was the original 'Mr Doom', who created the game in 1993, with the assistance of a few other people at Id Software.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2019, 7:02 am

Since I'm excited about the announcement of Baldur's Gate 3, I started replaying the series. Just went through the first game in its entirety yesterday - I've played through it several times before so this time I did a solo run for the first time with a katana dual-wielding berserker. Kind of weird to realise that it's not as hard as you'd expect given I found it fairly difficult at times the first time through with a full party. But you earn XP much faster solo, which counteracts the lack of a party somewhat, at least until you hit the XP cap.

I'm ready to start the Siege of Dragonspear expansion, which I haven't played before, before going in for a replay of Baldur's Gate 2.

Mr.Robot
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2019, 11:45 am

I will start playing Nioh soon

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2019, 3:13 pm

Yoshi’s Crafted World with my little boy.

It’s cute and fun in a relaxing way.

SuperEuroNEET
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Jun 2019, 11:33 am

Not so much what I've been playing, but, I tried installing Manjaro to give it a try for gaming because Windows is a bloated pile of crap and every update adds more unexplained proprietary services that reproduce like a virus if you try to delete them. ANYWAY Manjaro is okay except the first two non-native games I tried wouldn't work with Proton so it kind of soured me on the idea and I'm back on Windows. Maybe when compatibility gets better I'll try again.

Besides that I've been replaying the Suikoden 1 & 2. My big screen blew out after one month of use so I decided to take the opportunity to replay some older games while I wait for a replacement, I might do Xenogears after this, the one time I played it before I got to the second disk and put it away.

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2019, 5:50 pm

“borderlands 2” recently got a new expansion that’s free for now... will probably try that soon.

otherwise, have mostly been playing “yakuza 6: the song of life” while waiting for “judgment” to release later this month.