Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

JimmyJ
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 11 Feb 2012
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 36

20 May 2012, 11:02 am

Which movies released this year have you seen so far, and how would you rank them?

Here's mine

1. The Five-Year Engagement 8.0/10

2. American Reunion 7.0/10

3. Mirror Mirror 6.5/10

4. The Hunger Games 6.5/10

5. Chronicle 6.0/10

6. 21 Jump Street 6.0/10

7. This Means War 6.0/10

8. Salmon Fishing in the Yemen 6.0/10

9. The Divide 5.5/10

10. Contraband 5.5/10

11. Dark Shadows 5.0/10

12. Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance 3D 4.5/10

13. Battleship 4.5/10

14. The Avengers 4.5/10

15. Safe House 3.0/10

16. Wrath of the Titans 3D 2.0/10



Venger
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,519

20 May 2012, 11:35 am

lol You gave almost every movie a D or F grade except the first two. I saw "The Avengers" in IMAX 3D the other day, and I'd give it an 8.0(B).

Also saw Titanic 3D recently, but that obviously isn't from 2012.



IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Posts: 19,801
Location: The Gem State

20 May 2012, 2:39 pm

Well at least you ranked Dark Shadows higher than The Avengers, and for that, I thank you.



smudge
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Sep 2006
Age: 32
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,330
Location: London

20 May 2012, 2:41 pm

The only one I can remember is Mirror Mirror. It was OK. The Indian dance at the end was strange, and I didn't think it really went with the film.



Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2012
Age: 177
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,415
Location: My own version of reality

20 May 2012, 2:47 pm

Only seen a few movies in theatres this year, chronicle was really good


_________________
Well you can go with that if you want.


LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Aug 2010
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,364
Location: Blackburn

20 May 2012, 3:38 pm

So far, only Battleship, Man on a Ledge, The Cold Light of Day, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, John Carter, Lockout, Mirror Mirror and the Raven have all been absolute duds.

I'm surprised you gave Avengers 4.5/10, the box office taking speaks otherwise. It's ridiculously entertaining.


_________________
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty


TheFormalOne
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 12 May 2012
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Posts: 89
Location: St. Cloud, Florida

20 May 2012, 4:36 pm

JimmyJ wrote:
Which movies released this year have you seen so far, and how would you rank them?

Here's mine

1. The Five-Year Engagement 8.0/10

2. American Reunion 7.0/10

3. Mirror Mirror 6.5/10

4. The Hunger Games 6.5/10

5. Chronicle 6.0/10

6. 21 Jump Street 6.0/10

7. This Means War 6.0/10

8. Salmon Fishing in the Yemen 6.0/10

9. The Divide 5.5/10

10. Contraband 5.5/10

11. Dark Shadows 5.0/10

12. Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance 3D 4.5/10

13. Battleship 4.5/10

14. The Avengers 4.5/10

15. Safe House 3.0/10

16. Wrath of the Titans 3D 2.0/10


Did you just put American Reunion above The Avengers?



Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2012
Age: 177
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,415
Location: My own version of reality

20 May 2012, 4:36 pm

LexingtonDeville wrote:
So far, only Battleship, Man on a Ledge, The Cold Light of Day, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, John Carter, Lockout, Mirror Mirror and the Raven have all been absolute duds.

I'm surprised you gave Avengers 4.5/10, the box office taking speaks otherwise. It's ridiculously entertaining.


Boxoffice says others doesn't mean a movie is good- transformers 2, avatar

Haven't seen avengers but I would probably like it


_________________
Well you can go with that if you want.


LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Aug 2010
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,364
Location: Blackburn

20 May 2012, 5:42 pm

Delphiki wrote:
LexingtonDeville wrote:
So far, only Battleship, Man on a Ledge, The Cold Light of Day, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, John Carter, Lockout, Mirror Mirror and the Raven have all been absolute duds.

I'm surprised you gave Avengers 4.5/10, the box office taking speaks otherwise. It's ridiculously entertaining.


Boxoffice says others doesn't mean a movie is good- transformers 2, avatar

Haven't seen avengers but I would probably like it


Transformers 2 is an abomination, and Avatar is an overrated turkey.


_________________
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty


Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2012
Age: 177
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,415
Location: My own version of reality

20 May 2012, 5:50 pm

LexingtonDeville wrote:
Delphiki wrote:
LexingtonDeville wrote:
So far, only Battleship, Man on a Ledge, The Cold Light of Day, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, John Carter, Lockout, Mirror Mirror and the Raven have all been absolute duds.

I'm surprised you gave Avengers 4.5/10, the box office taking speaks otherwise. It's ridiculously entertaining.


Boxoffice says others doesn't mean a movie is good- transformers 2, avatar

Haven't seen avengers but I would probably like it


Transformers 2 is an abomination, and Avatar is an overrated turkey.


exactly what I meant, auto correct messed up what I was trying to say and I didn't realize it. The box office for those movies was really good


_________________
Well you can go with that if you want.


JimmyJ
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 11 Feb 2012
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 36

21 May 2012, 12:35 am

smudge wrote:
The only one I can remember is Mirror Mirror. It was OK. The Indian dance at the end was strange, and I didn't think it really went with the film.
Yeah lol, it was kind of strange. It reminded me of the Slumdog Millionaire credits :P

The film is good fun though



JimmyJ
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 11 Feb 2012
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 36

21 May 2012, 12:37 am

Yeah, guys I didn't really find anything special about The Avengers.

It was a decent summer flick, but not really something I'd want to watch again. It had good action scenes and visual effects but I felt it really lacked character development.



The-Raven
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Apr 2011
Age: 41
Gender: Female
Posts: 762

21 May 2012, 6:12 am

JimmyJ wrote:
Yeah, guys I didn't really find anything special about The Avengers.

It was a decent summer flick, but not really something I'd want to watch again. It had good action scenes and visual effects but I felt it really lacked character development.

so glad to see you say that! I felt so bad and alienated from everyone to be the only person who thought it was not good.

I had waited and waited for it to come out and I really liked the films of the individuals (thor, hulk, ironman, cap A) and like marvel stuff very much. But I found this film SUCH a let down, it was too much chat on the ship without enough change of scene, as you say it lacked character development and wasted a good opportunity to hear more of the views of the characters (as shown in the comics) esp thor and cap A. It felt sooo long and really did not justify that length with story quality, for example I was looking at my watch every 10 minutes.

I just feel so at odds with society about this, i loved john carter and that was a flop, but this one which i would say was the worst I had seen this year has done brilliantly :?

smudge- what about her weird wedding dress which was like a jaffa cake packet lol! never seen such an ugly dress.


Image



smudge
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Sep 2006
Age: 32
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,330
Location: London

21 May 2012, 6:54 am

JimmyJ wrote:
smudge wrote:
The only one I can remember is Mirror Mirror. It was OK. The Indian dance at the end was strange, and I didn't think it really went with the film.


Yeah lol, it was kind of strange. It reminded me of the Slumdog Millionaire credits :P


Same here, for some strange reason. ;)

The-Raven wrote:
smudge- what about her weird wedding dress which was like a jaffa cake packet lol! never seen such an ugly dress.

Image


Hahaha, yes!! ! And good to see you, where have you been?



Venger
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,519

21 May 2012, 9:48 am

JimmyJ wrote:
Yeah, guys I didn't really find anything special about The Avengers.

It was a decent summer flick, but not really something I'd want to watch again. It had good action scenes and visual effects but I felt it really lacked character development.


If it was "decent" then why did you give an F grade? 5.9 or below is an F, and you gave it a 4.5 :roll:



crmoore
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 May 2011
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 612
Location: Scottsdale, AZ

21 May 2012, 12:41 pm

I haven't seen much in theaters (saving my money), so here's what I've got:

Good Films I've Seen:
-Avengers
-Hunger Games

Bad Films I've Seen:
-Lorax
-Haywire

Films I Want To Rent:
-Chronicle
-21 Jump Street
-This Means War
-Dark Shadows
-John Carter
-Mirror Mirror
-Cabin In The Woods
-Bully
-The Woman In Black

Films I'm Avoiding Like The Plague
-Battleship
-Three Stooges
-Raven
-A Thousand Words