Autistics are aliens and/or aliens are autistic

Page 6 of 7 [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

adromedanblackhole
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2020
Gender: Female
Posts: 491
Location: Los Angeles

06 Oct 2020, 7:35 pm

NarcissusSavage wrote:
I've had people ask if I was entirely human... where I was created, etc. in this vein. I have such a large cluster of "peculiar" qualities, that in sum I am a very unnatural seeming human being. I think I am just different enough to fall into the uncanny valley, and am therefore unsettling or unnerving to most people.

Alien heritage… Or eventual forefather to a future subspecies of time travelers though? That seems unlikely.

More likely is that I am just a statistical outlier of expression of genetic diversity within our species, homo sapiens. So, there’s that.

I know, I know… that is just such a boring explanation! Where is the flair? Oh, right… you know, another solid explanation isn’t that we autistics are aliens in disguise… but that we are in fact descendants of the Nephilim… We have the blood of angels in our veins, duh.

Unless
Humanity as a species is already an admixture of animal and alien DNA whereby the autist is just the next iteration in man's evolutionary trajectory towards a higher consciousness, enlightened, otherworldly, non-animal being...



naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,626
Location: temperate zone

06 Oct 2020, 8:08 pm

MagicMeerkat wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Well Magic...

Now that youre here...do you STILL stand behind this theory of yours that you posted eight years ago?

Or have you outgrown it? :)


I NEVER believed it in the first place. I just shared it because I thought it was funny.


My mistake.

You did say it was laughable. Unlike the logical theory that I favor. That autism is the result of....hideous breeding experiments carried out by the CIA to cross humans with bottle nosed dolphins! An actual theory I read somewhere.



adromedanblackhole
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2020
Gender: Female
Posts: 491
Location: Los Angeles

06 Oct 2020, 8:13 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
MagicMeerkat wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Well Magic...

Now that youre here...do you STILL stand behind this theory of yours that you posted eight years ago?

Or have you outgrown it? :)


I NEVER believed it in the first place. I just shared it because I thought it was funny.


My mistake.

You did say it was laughable. Unlike the logical theory that I favor. That autism is the result of....hideous breeding experiments carried out by the CIA to cross humans with bottle nosed dolphins! An actual theory I read somewhere.

Project Flipper



naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,626
Location: temperate zone

06 Oct 2020, 8:33 pm

You all may scoff at the idea that we autistics are all part dolphin. But actress Daryll Hannah famously came out of the closet as being an aspie. And here is some leaked home movies of her at a restaurant that makes you wonder if we are not indeed part dolphin!



adromedanblackhole
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2020
Gender: Female
Posts: 491
Location: Los Angeles

06 Oct 2020, 9:57 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
You all may scoff at the idea that we autistics are all part dolphin. But actress Daryll Hannah famously came out of the closet as being an aspie. And here is some leaked home movies of her at a restaurant that makes you wonder if we are not indeed part dolphin!


#ColdHardFacts
#SomethingInTheWater
#DolphinsArePeople



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,718

07 Oct 2020, 12:21 am

naturalplastic wrote:
You all may scoff at the idea that we autistics are all part dolphin. But actress Daryll Hannah famously came out of the closet as being an aspie. And here is some leaked home movies of her at a restaurant that makes you wonder if we are not indeed part dolphin!


I was around when this movie was released I doubt it ever entered people's thought processes Daryl Hannah was autistic. Most men just wished they were her tail :lol:

In retrospect Daryl Hannah was technically one of the most famous autistic celebrities in modern history. She was also briefly dating a member of the Kennedy clan.



MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2011
Age: 33
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,646
Location: either here or there

07 Oct 2020, 1:16 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
MagicMeerkat wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Well Magic...

Now that youre here...do you STILL stand behind this theory of yours that you posted eight years ago?

Or have you outgrown it? :)


I NEVER believed it in the first place. I just shared it because I thought it was funny.


My mistake.

You did say it was laughable. Unlike the logical theory that I favor. That autism is the result of....hideous breeding experiments carried out by the CIA to cross humans with bottle nosed dolphins! An actual theory I read somewhere.


I think I may have heard that too. These people have a You Tube channel called "Project Camelot" and they talk about crazy stuff like that. I also heard someone else say that autistic people today are the descendants of mermaids which were made for an alien zoo by gene splicing dolphins and humans.


_________________
Every time you spell "meerkat" with a C, a baby meerkat cries. Please think of the meerkats.


adromedanblackhole
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2020
Gender: Female
Posts: 491
Location: Los Angeles

07 Oct 2020, 1:43 pm

MagicMeerkat wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
MagicMeerkat wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Well Magic...

Now that youre here...do you STILL stand behind this theory of yours that you posted eight years ago?

Or have you outgrown it? :)


I NEVER believed it in the first place. I just shared it because I thought it was funny.


My mistake.

You did say it was laughable. Unlike the logical theory that I favor. That autism is the result of....hideous breeding experiments carried out by the CIA to cross humans with bottle nosed dolphins! An actual theory I read somewhere.


I think I may have heard that too. These people have a You Tube channel called "Project Camelot" and they talk about crazy stuff like that. I also heard someone else say that autistic people today are the descendants of mermaids which were made for an alien zoo by gene splicing dolphins and humans.

I need to know every single person who believes this



lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jan 2010
Age: 46
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,768
Location: Lost on Earth, waddya think?

07 Oct 2020, 1:54 pm

I've been wondering for years that I might be an alien. More so than ever now. The more I see Earthling humans act like they're reverting back to the Middle Ages, the more I HOPE I'm a space alien. My parents found me out in that field near their old house, either sent to Earth while in my larval state, or my biological parents were exploring and were forced to abandon me. Although I appreciate my Earth parents for loving and nurturing me all these years, I still wait every night hoping my alien parents will one day return. That's why it takes me so long to fall asleep at night. My body is instinctively preparing itself for in case they do.

I think my older brother might be an alien too, but he came from a planet where the residents are REALLY weird and bizarre, while on my planet they are just slightly odd. :lol:

:alien:



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 44,600
Location: Stendec

07 Oct 2020, 2:07 pm

According to some Pacific Islander's legends, autistics are descended from mermen who seduced and mated with provincial women.  I first heard this from a Philippine anthropologist, who also dismissed it as fantasy.  She went on to explain that believers cite some autistic children's fascination with water as 'proof' of the claim.  We both laughed at this.

Some New-Age believers (especially those who are likely to believe anything), say with great sincerity that autistics are all descended from angels, cat-people, cetaceans, faeries, space aliens, or "Spirits of the Seventh Chakra" -- all without proof, of course.  Some also claim that autistics are the next step in human evolution, not realizing that having traits that make it difficult (if not impossible) to find a mate and produce offspring would be a step backward in evolution, not forward.

The truth is that no one currently knows exactly what causes autism, so the wooists have put on their tinfoil thinking caps and come up with all kinds of esoteric bullsnot that has nothing to do with reality.


_________________
 
Since there is no singular, absolute definition of human nature,
nor any ultimate evaluation of human nature beyond that which we project onto others,
individuals should be judged or defined only by their actions and choices,
and not by what we only imagine their intentions and motivations to be.


adromedanblackhole
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2020
Gender: Female
Posts: 491
Location: Los Angeles

07 Oct 2020, 2:48 pm

Fnord wrote:
According to some Pacific Islander's legends, autistics are descended from mermen who seduced and mated with provincial women.  I first heard this from a Philippine anthropologist, who also dismissed it as fantasy.  She went on to explain that believers cite some autistic children's fascination with water as 'proof' of the claim.  We both laughed at this.

Some New-Age believers (especially those who are likely to believe anything), say with great sincerity that autistics are all descended from angels, cat-people, cetaceans, faeries, space aliens, or "Spirits of the Seventh Chakra" -- all without proof, of course.  Some also claim that autistics are the next step in human evolution, not realizing that having traits that make it difficult (if not impossible) to find a mate and produce offspring would be a step backward in evolution, not forward.

The truth is that no one currently knows exactly what causes autism, so the wooists have put on their tinfoil thinking caps and come up with all kinds of esoteric bullsnot that has nothing to do with reality.

Re: next step in evolution
I see you're not familiar with the actual claim and are dismissing it without fully exploring its relevance. Many, including Harvard Medical School have explored the link between autism and evolutionary advancement. Part of the curiosity for today has to do with the difficult to explain increase in the instances of autism, not that it is an evolutionary advantage in breeding. In other words, neurotypical people are having children on the autistic spectrum at higher rates than previously examined. Even accounting for more accurate and advanced detection, the rate is allegedly increasing. This has made some researchers posit that we may experience in a span of only a few generations autism (and he links it with ADHD as well) not as a small segment of the population who are "disabled," but just a different type of person. This "different" type of person also happens to exhibit higher intelligence, particularly fluid intelligence, than their neurotypical counterparts.

https://hms.harvard.edu/news/autism-evolution
https://youtu.be/25ppkyKUDEw



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 44,600
Location: Stendec

07 Oct 2020, 2:53 pm

adromedanblackhole wrote:
Fnord wrote:
According to some Pacific Islander's legends, autistics are descended from mermen who seduced and mated with provincial women.  I first heard this from a Philippine anthropologist, who also dismissed it as fantasy.  She went on to explain that believers cite some autistic children's fascination with water as 'proof' of the claim.  We both laughed at this.

Some New-Age believers (especially those who are likely to believe anything), say with great sincerity that autistics are all descended from angels, cat-people, cetaceans, faeries, space aliens, or "Spirits of the Seventh Chakra" -- all without proof, of course.  Some also claim that autistics are the next step in human evolution, not realizing that having traits that make it difficult (if not impossible) to find a mate and produce offspring would be a step backward in evolution, not forward.

The truth is that no one currently knows exactly what causes autism, so the wooists have put on their tinfoil thinking caps and come up with all kinds of esoteric bullsnot that has nothing to do with reality.

Re: next step in evolution
I see you're not familiar with the actual claim and are dismissing it without fully exploring its relevance...
Wrong.  I have been familiar with ALL of these claims (and many more) since Asperger's Syndrome was officially recognized, and have examined and re-examined them repeatedly, only to reach the same conclusion each time: They are wishful thinking at best, outright lies at worst, and supported only by false data and fallacious reasoning -- nothing more.

As far as that Harvard study is concerned, they not only link previous evolutionary steps with autism (e.g., millions of years ago), but declare that mutations (e.g., damaged DNA) are linked to autism.
Quote:
“But we hypothesized that if important HARs were damaged, it might also cause defective human social and/or cognitive behavior,” said Walsh, who is also chief of the Division of Genetics and Genomics at Boston Children’s and a Howard Hughes Medical Institute investigator. “We found that this is indeed the case.”
QED


_________________
 
Since there is no singular, absolute definition of human nature,
nor any ultimate evaluation of human nature beyond that which we project onto others,
individuals should be judged or defined only by their actions and choices,
and not by what we only imagine their intentions and motivations to be.


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 44,600
Location: Stendec

07 Oct 2020, 3:52 pm

YouTube is notorious for its abundance of wooist content.  Gabe Zichermann, for example, whose only stated profession involves 'gamification' -- leveraging game mechanics in business, education, and other non-entertainment platforms -- and whose only degrees are in Business and "Human Intelligence/Gifted Kids/Statistics" (a degreed course that he invented just for himself) -- claims that autistics are the next step in human evolution.  His 'evidence' is a pot of convoluted double-talk and buzz-phrases that would make any used-car salesman blush with envy.


_________________
 
Since there is no singular, absolute definition of human nature,
nor any ultimate evaluation of human nature beyond that which we project onto others,
individuals should be judged or defined only by their actions and choices,
and not by what we only imagine their intentions and motivations to be.


MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2011
Age: 33
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,646
Location: either here or there

07 Oct 2020, 4:14 pm

Fnord wrote:
YouTube is notorious for its abundance of wooist content.  Gabe Zichermann, for example, whose only stated profession involves 'gamification' -- leveraging game mechanics in business, education, and other non-entertainment platforms -- and whose only degrees are in Business and "Human Intelligence/Gifted Kids/Statistics" (a degreed course that he invented just for himself) -- claims that autistics are the next step in human evolution.  His 'evidence' is a pot of convoluted double-talk and buzz-phrases that would make any used-car salesman blush with envy.



Most of the stories I heard came from a radio call in show called Coast to Coast AM. You used to get some REAL whack jobs calling into that show.


_________________
Every time you spell "meerkat" with a C, a baby meerkat cries. Please think of the meerkats.


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 44,600
Location: Stendec

07 Oct 2020, 4:32 pm

MagicMeerkat wrote:
Fnord wrote:
YouTube is notorious for its abundance of wooist content.  Gabe Zichermann, for example, whose only stated profession involves 'gamification' -- leveraging game mechanics in business, education, and other non-entertainment platforms -- and whose only degrees are in Business and "Human Intelligence/Gifted Kids/Statistics" (a degreed course that he invented just for himself) -- claims that autistics are the next step in human evolution.  His 'evidence' is a pot of convoluted double-talk and buzz-phrases that would make any used-car salesman blush with envy.
Most of the stories I heard came from a radio call in show called Coast to Coast AM. You used to get some REAL whack jobs calling into that show.
It is no wonder, since most of the topics people discuss on that show involve either conspiracy theories, the paranormal, UFOs, or some twisted combinations thereof.  One of my room-mates in the Navy used to listen to that show whenever he could ... he got out on an Administrative Discharge for engaging in a "pattern of misconduct".


_________________
 
Since there is no singular, absolute definition of human nature,
nor any ultimate evaluation of human nature beyond that which we project onto others,
individuals should be judged or defined only by their actions and choices,
and not by what we only imagine their intentions and motivations to be.


adromedanblackhole
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2020
Gender: Female
Posts: 491
Location: Los Angeles

07 Oct 2020, 8:57 pm

Fnord wrote:
As far as that Harvard study is concerned, they not only link previous evolutionary steps with autism (e.g., millions of years ago), but declare that mutations (e.g., damaged DNA) are linked to autism.
Quote:
“But we hypothesized that if important HARs were damaged, it might also cause defective human social and/or cognitive behavior,” said Walsh, who is also chief of the Division of Genetics and Genomics at Boston Children’s and a Howard Hughes Medical Institute investigator. “We found that this is indeed the case.”
QED[/color]

Correct, thank you yes I read the article and understand its contents
To simplify, because there is reason to associate autism with previous evolutionary advancements, and because there is a mostly unexplained increase in instances in autism within at least the last 20 years, some are positing it could be a potential indicator of a phenomenon in human evolution. That is the basis for that claim; it does not rest on the idea of autism being advantageous for procreation, and this was the basis you used to invalidate the claim.