Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 7:30 am

This may be a silly question. Here is a scenario. Say that you are still living with your parents. You can be still in high school or college age. Your parents decide to be a host family. So there is a girl around your age from Russia who will live with you. She will attend a local private school. So this girl will have a bedroom but she will have to share the bathroom you use. Now would you still consider it YOUR bathroom or YOURS and this girl's? She will go back to Russia during the winter break and summer. So this girl is here temporary. Also you are the only child so you never had to share a bathroom in your life. So does the girl have to respect certain things like cleaning up rooms, etc?

Thanks

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 7:49 am

You will have to try to be a servant without becoming a victim
You will have to try becoming friends with this person without... um... becoming lifelong friends with them?
... um... that sort of feels like bad advice!

You could try learning Russian! :D :idea: :!:

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 8:21 am

Of course. She would be expected to be polite and clean up after herself. She'd hopefully be very respectful to your family. Hey, you know what they say about Russian girls. :wink: If you're afraid of socializing with her, try asking her about her culture and country. Maybe learn some Russian words and you could help her with English words.

Last edited by lostgirl1986 on 29 May 2012, 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 8:40 am

Let's change the scenario too. Say that its a relative that will be that student. Would it be the same thing?

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

Last edited by luvsterriers on 29 May 2012, 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 8:52 am

luvsterriers wrote:
It's change the scenario too. Say that its a relative that will be that student. Would it be the same thing?

Well, yeah you would still think that she'd clean up after herself and be respectful....Especially if she's older.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 12:35 pm

So this student even if she's related to me or not, and we share bathrooms, it's not Anna's and girl's name's bathroom? Its still mine? If my grandma wasn't able to live on her own, and my parents want her to live with us, then the bathroom would be Anna's and grandma's since grandma will be living with us permanently?

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 12:49 pm

luvsterriers wrote:
So this student even if she's related to me or not, and we share bathrooms, it's not Anna's and girl's name's bathroom? Its still mine? If my grandma wasn't able to live on her own, and my parents want her to live with us, then the bathroom would be Anna's and grandma's since grandma will be living with us permanently?

Sorry I didn't realize you were a girl. My bad. Hmm, you'd have to ask your parents about that. You might have to start sharing your bathroom it looks like if they live there permanently or at least for the time being.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 11:05 am

So it may be this way. Say that my grandma moves in with my parents and I since she can't live on her own. So she gets a bedroom and now grandma and I share bathroom. So that means the bathroom is Anna's and Grandma's since she's living with us on a daily basis. But then say you have a foreign exchange student who only lives with you while he or she is in school, then when school is out for the summer and maybe even during winter breaks, the student goes back to their home country. So this student has to share a bathroom that you have had to yourself. So would it now be "Your name and "student's name" bathroom? Or still yours? To the student, the home isn't theirs at all since their family is back in their home country.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 11:10 am

You must be the best host that you can be. :)

syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2012, 5:35 am

CockneyRebel wrote:

and then she'll go away, eventually!

I have the same the same problem!

thedaywalker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2012, 6:36 am

its just a hole that you can s**t in its not yours no'r anyone elses.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2012, 7:03 am

syzygyish wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

and then she'll go away, eventually!

I have the same the same problem!

Well I don't know how long my cousin will be here to go to private school. Sure its great money for my parents. Not sure how much money her dad is giving parents. But at least for the summers (this year June 10-Aug 26) she will go back to Seoul and attend summer school too. Koreans are all about studying. Not sure if she will go back to Seoul for the winter break. Winter break in Seoul is much longer than here in the US. Summer break is shorter. I honestly can't wait till she leaves even though its temporary. She will be in 7th grade this 2012-2013 school year. Her English is quite good and she hasn't asked me, mom or dad for any help on her homework. I hope this situation is temporary and not till she finishes high school. That's till 2018 then. Hopefully she will go to some prep school. There are several boarding schools also near by us one of which Stockhard Channing (Rizzo from Grease) went to. Another one John McCain went to. So I don't know. Being an only child and never having a relative or friend ever live here for a long time is hard. Sure we have had guests stay for a week or so but this is entirely different. I can't stand it. How can a 12 year old use the bathroom longer than an adult woman? She doesn't wear makeup or doesn't do a thing to her hair. So even though we are sharing, it's still mine in a sense?

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2012, 8:49 am

thedaywalker wrote:
its just a hole that you can sh** in its not yours no'r anyone elses.

In a way I thought your comment was a combination of being rude, immature and yet hilarious at the same time. I told this situation to a non aspie adult and she told me it's just a freaking bathroom! lol
But when its just used by one person, and you are only child, sharing is just not something that you do very often.