Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 11:55 am

I used to go on binges and listen to one album almost exclusively for days but found it made me get slightly bored with the album for a while...so I now do a mix of genre/artist shuffle and listen to albums and listen to individual songs that stood out if they interest me or if I want a different band I do that.

I don't shuffle often but when I do it is for long periods of time.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 12:04 pm

I have a very eclectic taste in music and I always put my iPhone on shuffle when I'm listening to music. If I don't feel like listening to the song I'll just skip it.

MikaNeko
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 May 2012, 12:49 pm

I tend to skip through a few songs then settle on one and listen to it over and over.

Your Aspie score: 150 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 57 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

日本語をならっています。

MisterSpock
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 12:56 pm

How do you listen to music? Loud.

Most often I listen on shuffle, but regularly listen to my playlists, and occasionally do a beginning to end artist marathon. I have several playlists depending on my mood or what I'm doing, like "uppers", "Rock The Past", and "Happy Quirky". The usually contain an hour to two hours of music.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 1:49 pm

I listen to classical music almost exclusively. I always play each symphony, sonata, ballet, etc. in the order in which their movements and pieces were arranged.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 1:59 pm

Typically in my car - JL audio components, JLW3v2's on a Phoenix Gold amp. The Alpine head unit is a bit dated but still sounds pretty good.

At work - earbuds, although my ears are a bit caustic so I won't spend more than $50 or $60 per pair.

Home - Yamaha HS80M's and HS10W hooked up to a Focusright Saffire 14 PRO via my computer.

I'm a 'bit' of an audiophile (at least at home and driving), albeit I still don't have much on the people who are *really* into that.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 2:07 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Typically in my car - JL audio components, JLW3v2's on a Phoenix Gold amp. The Alpine head unit is a bit dated but still sounds pretty good.

At work - earbuds, although my ears are a bit caustic so I won't spend more than $50 or $60 per pair.

Home - Yamaha HS80M's and HS10W hooked up to a Focusright Saffire 14 PRO via my computer.

I'm a 'bit' of an audiophile (at least at home and driving), albeit I still don't have much on the people who are *really* into that.

Earbuds at work rock. That's an advantage you have to take when you have the chance.

GrantingtheRant
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2012, 12:52 am

You can usually see me listening to music when I'm holding my laptop like a baby with a set of headphones on my ears. The music will be blaring loud and you will probably not like the music

artrat
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2012, 1:20 am

I listen with my ears and usually tap items to the beat obsessively and repetitively and when alone I stim.

"I belive in God, only I spell it Nature."
~ Frank Llyod Wright

charles52
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 May 2012, 7:55 am

I almost always listen on headphones. I always feel like listening on speakers is infringing on other peoples' "Space." The exception would be if I'm watching a music DVD or something.

I don't listen to music as much as I'd like to, but when I do it's usually Grateful Dead.

When my wife and I go visit family (a 16-hour drive or so), I could listen to the same CD over and over and over. Drives her nuts. When one CD finishes, she has to listen to something else. Her new car has XM radio, which she really likes. I like it because it has a whole Grateful Dead channel which, again, I could listen to for hours and hours at a time.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2012, 8:29 am

Uprising wrote:
Earbuds at work rock. That's an advantage you have to take when you have the chance.

The only downside with earbuds is eczema. Not much I can really do about that though, if it starts acting up it means no music for a while. :(

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2012, 1:45 pm

I listen to music almost continuously while home. As far as how I determine what to listen to... that depends on a lot of things. Am I searching for new stuff? (I do this a lot) Am I compiling a playlist of an artist? (again... I do this a lot) Am I listening to one of my playlists exclusive to an artist? Am I just going through my random playlist that consists of many artists/genres, or am I listening to music for meditative purposes?

Music is so integral to my life that I don't have one set way of listening to it.

nolan1971
Toucan
Toucan

30 May 2012, 2:10 pm

Loud! Very Loud! I usually listen to classic rock when I go for a power walk. Others can usually hear the song on the other side of the street! Reggae when I trying to relax. :D

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 9:26 am

With my ears.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 9:58 pm

For the most part, I categorize all my music in playlists according to genre, artist/composer, series title (if applicable), and/or the emotion I feel it elicits. In all cases, unless the track is severely broken up into smaller tracks, I'll just pull up a playlist and put it on shuffle. The only time I skip a track is if I didn't pull up an emotions playlist.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2012, 3:47 am

I turn on the radio in the car. Sometimes, I'll watch music videos on YouTube.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer