Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Cogs
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2012, 10:39 pm

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S2, previously Samsung Galaxy S, same problem with both phones including apps regularly freezing or crashing and phone freezing or restarting itself. I need to figure out whether the problem is due to how I use my phone, the apps I am trying to run, or whether I have coincidently managed to get two faulty phones.
I would like to find out whether other Galaxy or Android users have used the combination of apps I am trying to use without problem, particularly tasker and GoLauncher (to identify whether or not the problem could lie in my combination of apps). Does anyone know how I would find such information?

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2012, 10:53 pm

I use AutoKiller Memory Optimiser Pro on my Vegacomb 3.0 android tablet. These new programs (I browse with Opera 11) are beautiful to the eyes but they're memory intensive. The more these programs develop the more memory they utilize. Sucks, but it makes our devices obsolete by the minute. This tablet I'm using is a dual core 512mb machine - and it's showing its age.

Cogs
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2012, 11:02 pm

I've been keeping an eye on RAM, and that seems fine. Internal memory is also fine. And the Galaxy S2 does not seem to lag at all.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2012, 8:46 am

I am not a tech geek, but like everyone else, have had to deal with tech for many years. Your problem sounds like it is either a conflict between app & app, or app(s) & phone, or a virus or malware issue. Sorry I don't have the ability to trouble shoot it for you.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2012, 9:09 am

Try another ROM. I've also heard of phones restarting because of bad reception. Not sure how true that is.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2012, 9:12 am

Also, I use both GoLauncher and Android Assistant for my task-killing and whatever else.

Cogs
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2012, 11:52 am

Kinme wrote:
Try another ROM. I've also heard of phones restarting because of bad reception. Not sure how true that is.
Thanks. Is there any ROM you suggest?