Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 5:32 pm

NTAndrew wrote:
Atomsk wrote:
I often hear humming and things like that when there could be no possible source for the noise - by humming I mean people humming. I hear things like that, or just vocalizations, meaning not words but random notes and such going along with whatever I'm hearing if I'm listening to a song, but doing random things (which are melodic) when I'm not hearing any music. It's not constant or anything - but it's pretty much a daily occurrence.

It worries me a bit because I cannot find a logical source of the sound, other than me 'hearing things' . . . it makes me wonder if this will get worse and one day I will be really crazy - because I used to not hear these sounds with no possible source (as far as I am aware) other than from within my head. I wonder - am I slowly going crazy?

Before you start thinking you are going crazy, you might want to investigate the possibility of Tinnitus. It can manifest itself as ringing in the ears, or it could also sound like human voices or music or any one of a number of annoying noises.

I don't find them annoying - but I didn't know tinnitus could cause you to hear human voices or music or other noises - I'd much rather have tinnitus be the cause than something else, though. Can you have tinnitus without ringing in your ears, though?