Does your Asperger's make you look stoned?

Page 2 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2012, 8:47 pm

The ignorant girls that I hung out with at the factory for a while would keep asking me if I smoked weed. It got on my nerves after a while, because I've never touched that stuff.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2012, 8:58 pm

mds_02 wrote:
I'm only stoned, like, 3/4 of the time.

Slacker. Would the extra 25% kill you?

MarthaCannary
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jun 2012, 9:38 pm

Looking stoned is part of my wake up ritual... Reminds me of a Marley song...

I smoke two joints in the morning
I smoke two joints at night,
I smoke two joints in the afternoon
and it makes me feel alright.

I don't get asked if I'm stoned, I get "are you okay?" or "what's wrong?" or "uh oh, somethings up" or "you need to smile more" or the best one "it's not that bad, cheer up!". I guess i look like I'm upset or something when I'm off in lala land. I have no idea what I look like because no one is allowed to take pictures of me unless I say so and I can hear the camera turning on.

I don't think a single person who has ever known me has ever asked me if I'm high, it just kinda goes without saying really..

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2012, 10:21 pm

I have been asked once if I was drunk. I walked out in the middle of the street and then I saw a car and stopped and I kept on walking because he stopped. Then he said out the window "Are you drunk?"

Kids asked me in high school if I do drugs but I think they were just curious than thinking I did them. I never thought they were accusing me, just thought they were curious. Just like asking someone if they have seen this movie or gotten their driver's license yet or if they ever have sex.

Sometimes my husband will ask me what is wrong. I guess sometimes my facial expressions are weird.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2012, 10:30 pm

MarthaCannary wrote:
Looking stoned is part of my wake up ritual... Reminds me of a Marley song...

I smoke two joints in the morning
I smoke two joints at night,
I smoke two joints in the afternoon
and it makes me feel alright.

I don't get asked if I'm stoned, I get "are you okay?" or "what's wrong?" or "uh oh, somethings up" or "you need to smile more" or the best one "it's not that bad, cheer up!". I guess i look like I'm upset or something when I'm off in lala land. I have no idea what I look like because no one is allowed to take pictures of me unless I say so and I can hear the camera turning on.

I don't think a single person who has ever known me has ever asked me if I'm high, it just kinda goes without saying really..

I have to do this...

Martha, that song was by The Toyes, not Bob Marley. Love that song :D

I smoke two joints in time of peace,
and two in time of war,
I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints,
and then I smoke two more.

MarthaCannary
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jun 2012, 10:51 pm

Rascal77s wrote:
I have to do this...

and two in time of war,

I like Bob's version better. :P

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2012, 11:01 pm

MarthaCannary wrote:
Rascal77s wrote:
I have to do this...

and two in time of war,

I'd love to hear Bob's version considering he died in '81 and the song was written in '83 :P

MarthaCannary
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jun 2012, 11:12 pm

Rascal77s wrote:
MarthaCannary wrote:
Rascal77s wrote:
I have to do this...

and two in time of war,

I'd love to hear Bob's version considering he died in '81 and the song was written in '83 :P

then wth have I been listening too? friggin youtube..... derp derp. :oops:

Upon further investigation: "Smoke Two Joints" is a song originally written by The Toyes, who performed it in traditional Reggae style and released it in 1983. According to The Toyes, "one fine fall day on a small island" of Oahu in Hawaii, two of the band members, Jim and Sandy, were sitting under a large banyan tree on Kuhio Beach, "tokin' on some sweet bud & jammin' on a rootsy reggae funky town" when they conceived the song "Smoke Two Joints."

Serves me right for believing youtube video titles.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2012, 11:16 pm

I just look tired pretty much all the time. Is that how stoners look?

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2012, 11:29 pm

MarthaCannary wrote:
Rascal77s wrote:
MarthaCannary wrote:
Rascal77s wrote:
I have to do this...

and two in time of war,

then wth have I been listening too? friggin youtube..... derp derp. :oops:

Upon further investigation: "Smoke Two Joints" is a song originally written by The Toyes, who performed it in traditional Reggae style and released it in 1983. According to The Toyes, "one fine fall day on a small island" of Oahu in Hawaii, two of the band members, Jim and Sandy, were sitting under a large banyan tree on Kuhio Beach, "tokin' on some sweet bud & jammin' on a rootsy reggae funky town" when they conceived the song "Smoke Two Joints."

Serves me right for believing youtube video titles.

Yes, I've sat under that very same tree and smoked 2 joints :lol:

*edit* almost forgot. You've probably been listening to The Toyes or Sublime's cover of it.

KyleClark
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Jun 2012, 12:11 am

I didn't even know fellow Aspies had this problem so its not just me.

Smartalex
Toucan
Toucan

17 Jun 2012, 2:31 am

I have a friend, who is a stoner. He smokes weed ALL the time. He's known as "____ the stoner."

And people know he's stoned. He acts... unique*

*(that's me politely saying he acts wierd)

He has recently found out he may have aspergers. My friends and I have understood his character and 'unique' mannerisms of that of a stoner. "Oh that ______ the stoner!"

This has really blown my mind. I think I may have also been unfairly harsh in my views on him. I don't know what to make of this.

But I must say again, he really is a genuine stoner-he has weed everywhere and he smokes it all day in his house.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 2:57 am

Smartalex wrote:
I have a friend, who is a stoner. He smokes weed ALL the time. He's known as "____ the stoner."

And people know he's stoned. He acts... unique*

*(that's me politely saying he acts wierd)

He has recently found out he may have aspergers. My friends and I have understood his character and 'unique' mannerisms of that of a stoner. "Oh that ______ the stoner!"

This has really blown my mind. I think I may have also been unfairly harsh in my views on him. I don't know what to make of this.

But I must say again, he really is a genuine stoner-he has weed everywhere and he smokes it all day in his house.

When I was in high school I had a friend who smoked weed A LOT. He smoked before school but not during school hours. This guy had a SEVERE stuttering problem, he literally could not say more than 2 words without getting stuck. Within a minute of smoking weed he spoke completely normally, someone that didn't know he stuttered would never guess he had that problem. I think that's when I realized it was definitely a medicine. The before and after was impossible to miss with him, but with something like AS you can't tell what the person is experiencing before and after smoking. I smoked a little bit in high school but didn't touch it afterward for 15+ years. Your friend might indeed be smoking it because he gets relief from his problems. For me it's a real quality of life issue but I guess you could call me a stoner too if your definition is loose enough e.g. thinking use of cannabis for any reason makes one a stoner.

Smartalex
Toucan
Toucan

17 Jun 2012, 3:36 am

"Rascal the stoner" it is! lol, naw :)

"_____ the stoner" was 'cute' and bad.

I'd be like, "dude, you got a hole in the middle of your shirt! You're always hanging around in clothes that got holes and grease on them cause you're so bad-ass like that! you stoner!" That was cute and cool.

Then there'd be the pissed off verison:
I called my other friend who knew him;
"Man, you'll never believe what '_____ the stoner' said to me! I told him how I just got into a bad car accident-he cuts me off and tells me he can't talk now because he wants to play playstation! What a #$%#$ing stoner!"

I was so mad when he cut me off. It was hurtful, painful. But the guys was terrible at knowing what the proper thing to say was, he was always terrible at that BUT he was concerned for me. I never understood why he came to visit me the next day. His heart was genuine, but his words were so terrible. It took me a LONG time to realize to pay attention to his heart, not his mannerisms. '___ the stoner': "Chris if you really NEEDED to talk last night, you should've told me, I'm not a mind reader. duh!" (followed by his funny 'stoner stare.') [again, lol, all the wrong things to say].

Now, understanding the aspergers, my god how different I can look at this event!

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 4:04 am

Smartalex wrote:
Then there'd be the pissed off verison:
I called my other friend who knew him;
"Man, you'll never believe what '_____ the stoner' said to me! I told him how I just got into a bad car accident-he cuts me off and tells me he can't talk now because he wants to play playstation! What a #$%#$ing stoner!"

I was so mad when he cut me off. It was hurtful, painful.

You know it just dawned on me that this is an opportunity for me to learn something. So in all seriousness, when I read the above quote I thought it was funny. I actually laughed. Then I thought, "is this a normal reaction to this event or is laughing at it considered a strange reaction?". So I'm sitting here thinking and the only thing I can come up with is- I don't know. So what do you guys think about my reaction (thinking it's funny) to this? Is it the reaction most people would have?

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 4:41 am

I think a better question would be... have you ever been nearly prosecuted for looking stoned? (Just an illustration of all the prejudice in the world, not that they'd prosecute someone who looks like they're about to murder...)

I personally don't seem to look stoned even when I actually am! (Heck, once I even succeeded in looking and acting normal when I was dissociated.)