Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Apr 2008
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,423

18 Jun 2012, 7:32 pm

Dizzee wrote:
Just another proof why NT's are low human beings than AS's.


That's ridiculous - there are plenty of great NT's out there - it is illogical to judge all of them based on a few bad ones.



Valh
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

User avatar

Joined: 15 Jun 2012
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 19
Location: North Carolina

18 Jun 2012, 7:49 pm

Azereiah wrote:
This kind of thing sickens me, yes, but feelings of violence towards violent people are also unjustified.
To go out and harm somebody for their harmful actions is only acceptable when somebody's life is genuinely in danger and there is no alternative.

These people are sick and need help, far more than their students do. A law suit won't teach them kindness or reasoning. Jail time with mandatory solitary confinement might for a time, but that would also end up falling short of the needed impact. I'd suggest institutional therapy, except for the fact that many major institutions have their own major problems.



Yes Azereiah, I agree with your statement that violence should not be combated with violence. But what happens when the lawsuits fail, as they seem to have in this case, and the school continues to conduct these "aversives". While I do not condone any immediate action, especially the action of one person. We do need to ban together and take care of this problem.

Our society is in need of a revolution. And it is high time for one to start. Now demonstrations are to be called for first, I will start at my college (and have started), and I highly recommend that each of you work to spread the hypocrisy of NT's and their God Fearing Society.

I can assure you that this happens everywhere, as I have lived all over the U.S. and many parts outside of. I have seen the evil that man is and is becoming. I have already stated elsewhere that Asperger's is an evolutionary advantage, we each need to cast aside our self-doubts and go forth to change the world. We are not on the wrong planet, we are here to change the one we belong to. The last time Asperger's was prevalent in society was during the American Revolution, this is a sign that it is time to rise again.

Thomas Jefferson-Asperger's
John Adams-Asperger's
Benjamin Franklin-Asperger's
Abraham Lincoln-Asperger's



Valh
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

User avatar

Joined: 15 Jun 2012
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 19
Location: North Carolina

18 Jun 2012, 7:51 pm

Quantum_Immortal wrote:
sorry to say this. But this thing doesn't has his place on tv. We're not going to witness on tv, every single crime is ever caught on camera.

Fox news of course.


Do not close you eyes to what is available to you. Ignorance is not bliss. What if this was you?!



Valh
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

User avatar

Joined: 15 Jun 2012
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 19
Location: North Carolina

18 Jun 2012, 7:54 pm

Atomsk wrote:
Dizzee wrote:
Just another proof why NT's are low human beings than AS's.


That's ridiculous - there are plenty of great NT's out there - it is illogical to judge all of them based on a few bad ones.



Yes there are plenty of good ones out there. To claim a pure aspie society would be paramount to Hitler's ideals. But, if you have the will and intelligence to be a leader, then I say go forth and teach the NT's the error of their ways. For I have never locked myself in my room because I was afraid of being judged, my eyes have always been open to this world.



Nonperson
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Jun 2012
Age: 41
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,258

18 Jun 2012, 8:01 pm

Some compassion those NTs are showing. :cry: These people are terrifying.



Azereiah
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jun 2012
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 237

18 Jun 2012, 8:04 pm

I'll go ahead and side with you, Valh.
Society needs to regulate itself, and to regain a view of what brought us to this modern era of health and prosperity. Many of the greatest minds of the world had Asperger's Syndrome, or at the very least, an enlightened and open mindset that closely resembles it in retrospect. They were not content with the system as it was, and chose to create their own. It's a matter of sheer luck that so many people in gubernatorial positions in the American Colonies were outspoken enough to fight for their beliefs, though.

Perhaps we should all run for government seats? :P


As for the law suits, I believe that they used the wrong kind of legal action. Rather than demanding monetary compensation, which any company or institution can handle, they should have made it a case of criminal action for justice. If you ask for money, they're expecting it and generally have the proper defenses for it. However, I'm pretty certain that if a jury saw that video in the right context, there would have been a verdict of guilty for all those involved - perhaps for assault, medical malpractice, and violation of parental rights.



1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jul 2011
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,036
Location: CT, USA

18 Jun 2012, 8:17 pm

One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo's nest...



Quantum_Immortal
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2011
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 332

18 Jun 2012, 8:19 pm

Valh wrote:
Quantum_Immortal wrote:
sorry to say this. But this thing doesn't has his place on tv. We're not going to witness on tv, every single crime is ever caught on camera.

Fox news of course.


Do not close you eyes to what is available to you. Ignorance is not bliss. What if this was you?!


Its just a shity tv station that tries to sell advertisement time.

yea sure, crime happens every day. This kind of news distorts our perception of reality. People get the impression that the world is more dangerous then what it really is.


_________________
just a mad scientist. I'm the founder of:
the church of the super quantum immortal.
http://thechurchofthequantumimmortal.blogspot.be/


oxjox
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 19 May 2012
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 57

18 Jun 2012, 8:32 pm

Azereiah wrote:
This kind of thing sickens me, yes, but feelings of violence towards violent people are also unjustified.
To go out and harm somebody for their harmful actions is only acceptable when somebody's life is genuinely in danger and there is no alternative.

These people are sick and need help, far more than their students do. A law suit won't teach them kindness or reasoning. Jail time with mandatory solitary confinement might for a time, but that would also end up falling short of the needed impact. I'd suggest institutional therapy, except for the fact that many major institutions have their own major problems.

I'm going to agree with pretty much everything there.



Valh
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

User avatar

Joined: 15 Jun 2012
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 19
Location: North Carolina

18 Jun 2012, 8:33 pm

Quantum_Immortal wrote:
Valh wrote:
Quantum_Immortal wrote:
sorry to say this. But this thing doesn't has his place on tv. We're not going to witness on tv, every single crime is ever caught on camera.

Fox news of course.


Do not close you eyes to what is available to you. Ignorance is not bliss. What if this was you?!


Its just a shity tv station that tries to sell advertisement time.

yea sure, crime happens every day. This kind of news distorts our perception of reality. People get the impression that the world is more dangerous then what it really is.


Honestly the world is quite a dangerous place (that's not to say that you should fear).

I didn't even pay attention to who the broadcaster was, as it is irrelevant, the first time I saw this video was actually on CNN, but have since seen it on NBC and CBS.

But overall I do agree with you in that FOX, CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC, The WB, UPN all have their shitty moments and are mainly concerned with money.



nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jul 2005
Age: 45
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,302
Location: The Dirty South

18 Jun 2012, 8:55 pm

I remember a while back telling a school psychologist who was teaching a college course I was taking about JRC. He didn't even believe me. He said that kind of treatment didn't make any sense as people can actually become habituated or actually crave the pain if it's constantly being inflicted.

I think JRC has gotten away with what they did for so long for the same reason the Nazis' atrocities went unnoticed.....because people do not want to believe that well-educated supposedly caring professionals are capable of such evil. It shakes their view of what evil looks like. That it doesn't always come from obvious criminals on the low end of society but people just like themselves.


_________________
"There is difference and there is power. And who holds the power decides the meaning of the difference." --June Jordan


Valh
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

User avatar

Joined: 15 Jun 2012
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 19
Location: North Carolina

18 Jun 2012, 9:05 pm

nirrti_rachelle wrote:
I remember a while back telling a school psychologist who was teaching a college course I was taking about JRC. He didn't even believe me. He said that kind of treatment didn't make any sense as people can actually become habituated or actually crave the pain if it's constantly being inflicted.

I think JRC has gotten away with what they did for so long for the same reason the Nazis' atrocities went unnoticed.....because people do not want to believe that well-educated supposedly caring professionals are capable of such evil. It shakes their view of what evil looks like. That it doesn't always come from obvious criminals on the low end of society but people just like themselves.



At least some people here have good sense (Rachelle, Azereiah, and others). I may seem to be getting hostile towards the WrongPlanet community. But everyone here should be sympathetic to this situation. People, open your eyes! And as far as luck having to do with the outspokenness of the colonists, I would say it is more a matter of natural selection, but then you have to have a solid understanding of biology/physiology/psychology/evolution to understand how that would be (so I will not fault anyone for not grasping that concept (though in the words of Andre 3000 I will say "ya'll go ahead and marinate on that for a minute")).



Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Apr 2008
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,423

18 Jun 2012, 9:23 pm

Valh wrote:
Atomsk wrote:
Dizzee wrote:
Just another proof why NT's are low human beings than AS's.


That's ridiculous - there are plenty of great NT's out there - it is illogical to judge all of them based on a few bad ones.



Yes there are plenty of good ones out there. To claim a pure aspie society would be paramount to Hitler's ideals. But, if you have the will and intelligence to be a leader, then I say go forth and teach the NT's the error of their ways. For I have never locked myself in my room because I was afraid of being judged, my eyes have always been open to this world.


I'm not afraid of being judged, but it can be difficult to show people the error of their ways. Sometimes they just won't accept it - for example some people just won't accept the fact that many of us have difficulties with verbal language, but can write very well. Sometimes I can't talk verbally, and often I talk strangely verbally and use gibberish and things like that, but my writing is fine. Some people can't accept that "poor verbal language skills" does not equal "poor written language skills". They think the two are the same.

That's just an example - there are many other similar situations where someone just can't be shown the error of their ways.



Valh
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

User avatar

Joined: 15 Jun 2012
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 19
Location: North Carolina

18 Jun 2012, 9:38 pm

Atomsk wrote:
Valh wrote:
Atomsk wrote:
Dizzee wrote:
Just another proof why NT's are low human beings than AS's.


That's ridiculous - there are plenty of great NT's out there - it is illogical to judge all of them based on a few bad ones.



Yes there are plenty of good ones out there. To claim a pure aspie society would be paramount to Hitler's ideals. But, if you have the will and intelligence to be a leader, then I say go forth and teach the NT's the error of their ways. For I have never locked myself in my room because I was afraid of being judged, my eyes have always been open to this world.


I'm not afraid of being judged, but it can be difficult to show people the error of their ways. Sometimes they just won't accept it - for example some people just won't accept the fact that many of us have difficulties with verbal language, but can write very well. Sometimes I can't talk verbally, and often I talk strangely verbally and use gibberish and things like that, but my writing is fine. Some people can't accept that "poor verbal language skills" does not equal "poor written language skills". They think the two are the same.

That's just an example - there are many other similar situations where someone just can't be shown the error of their ways.



Yes, but you are a musician, and I am sure that you project yourself through your tones. If that is what must be done than do it. You are fine, and probably have abilities that many NTs could never dream of. It is hard for me to completely express what I am trying to get at, but researching psycho-acoustics would be a good place to start. What I am about to say is not spiritual speculation but solid scientific theory: everything works in frequency (analog frequency is preferable to digital encoding, but either will work), I know for myself that when I play the piano I project myself through the acoustics, I connect my brain frequencies with that of the vibrations of the wood and the strings. That is your contribution, play on, and play powerful (powerful in this case is all up to your own subjectivity). So, if at times you consciously project (almost as a prayer) that the violence of the world will disappear, you will be doing very much to show people the error of their ways. There is nothing that moves me to tears more than a powerful melody, a screaming riff, or beautiful lyrical content.



Shuffle can to can nobody really gives a damn
For every living day I give myself a hand
Now I'm scroungy as can be
I got all you normals looking at me
I'll scratch a hole in my life, so everyone can see

And my mind is a mind that I have come to know
And my eyes can't conceive a world that cannot grow

And Fridays are always fresh days

Screamin' at the sun
Don't really know what he has done
He don't believe in God and a world as one
So he rambles through the weeds
Seeing he will sleep beneath the trees

And my mind is a mind that I have come to know
And my eyes can't conceive a world that cannot grow

And on the day I die
Thank God my soul will be released

I've seen all your eyes, and I've seen all your faces
Can you tell me honestly that you wanna be free?
Then look in my eyes, I've been lots of places
Can you tell me honestly that you'd want to be me

Will you want to be me?
Honestly, honestly

"Paper Scratcher"
-Blind Melon



nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jul 2005
Age: 45
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,302
Location: The Dirty South

18 Jun 2012, 10:02 pm

Atomsk wrote:
- for example some people just won't accept the fact that many of us have difficulties with verbal language, but can write very well. Sometimes I can't talk verbally, and often I talk strangely verbally and use gibberish and things like that, but my writing is fine. Some people can't accept that "poor verbal language skills" does not equal "poor written language skills". They think the two are the same.

That's just an example - there are many other similar situations where someone just can't be shown the error of their ways.


Good God....so many times, people are shocked...just shocked, I tell you, that I can write as well as I can. And this is after earning a degree in frickin' Journalism! :wall:

Even my grandmother was like, "You wrote this all by yourself?" when she read my articles from my college newspaper. Hell of course I can write. Isn't that the whole point of going to J-school? :roll:


_________________
"There is difference and there is power. And who holds the power decides the meaning of the difference." --June Jordan


Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Apr 2008
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,423

18 Jun 2012, 10:35 pm

Valh wrote:
Yes, but you are a musician, and I am sure that you project yourself through your tones. If that is what must be done than do it. You are fine, and probably have abilities that many NTs could never dream of. It is hard for me to completely express what I am trying to get at, but researching psycho-acoustics would be a good place to start. What I am about to say is not spiritual speculation but solid scientific theory: everything works in frequency (analog frequency is preferable to digital encoding, but either will work), I know for myself that when I play the piano I project myself through the acoustics, I connect my brain frequencies with that of the vibrations of the wood and the strings. That is your contribution, play on, and play powerful (powerful in this case is all up to your own subjectivity). So, if at times you consciously project (almost as a prayer) that the violence of the world will disappear, you will be doing very much to show people the error of their ways. There is nothing that moves me to tears more than a powerful melody, a screaming riff, or beautiful lyrical content.


Unfortunately not all people are so -into- the music. Mainly people who are not musicians themselves. Just look at modern pop music - no flavor, no soul, nothing. And no talent (you'd be surprised what a recording studio can cover up - we can thank things like autotune and being able to force notes that are played at the wrong time to be right on the spot in the recording for that). Almost all the songs being on the same chord progression... it's ridiculous. When average people hear good music they don't -feel- it, at least it seems so to me - like they listen to a jazz tune and go "oh god jazz this is boring" but really it's just them not listening - actually I have no idea what it really is, but whatever it is, it's unfortunate.

It also irritates me that most people seem to hate music that doesn't have lyrics - songs that do not have singing as the main feature of the song. I sing very well, but I make a lot of instrumental stuff and if I show it to people who are non-musicians who are into mainly modern pop music, they almost always without fail go "this is a long intro, when do the words start?" or something like that.

It makes no sense to me either - most instruments are MUCH better for making music than the human voice - most people suck at singing, too. You can express much more complex musical ideas with most instruments, more easily; you can't do multiple notes with your voice alone - most instruments have a better range than the human voice, too. I can't even understand what 99% of singers are singing - for such a poor method of music production, singing is far too overvalued in this society. But I sing anyway - I do like singing, I just don't like how prominent it is, and how it is practically required if you want a lot of listeners - even though there are much better ways of expressing musical ideas.