ASDs and having connection to animals and nature?

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 7:47 am

My cats are my children. I've always had the ability to befriend even the most hostile/wild cat. Owners of "antisocial" cats are astounded when their feline fiend cuddles up to me and starts purring. :)

horsegurl4190
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jun 2012, 9:46 pm

@redrobin62 Animal behavior and ecology is my main interest in life, besides horses that is lol. As far as intuition and instincts go animal are so much more intelligent than humans. I'm a GS04 Park Guide at Assateague Island National Seashore, and the position directly deals with the management and conservation of the feral horses on the island. I see the horses everyday and that gives me a long time to study them. I learn each individual's personality and behaviors to know how to deal with them in dangerous situations where I need to move them. I like the fact that animals have a reason to everything they do. Humans are so irrational, and I include myself in this. Animals are just better in every way lol.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 9:12 am

How true that is. When an animal does something, it is always for a logical reason, and something which will benefit the ecosystem they live in. That's why I love to watch to watch my puppy and our older dog interact with each other. I've always wanted to go to a place like the Mara in Africa and watch animals in their own environment. Even the way predators hunt is more logic, and there's a lot to learn if they're to survive. How to choose a right target(usually an animal that's at a disadvantage somehow), taking into account the terrain, the direction the wind is blowing, etc. I find nature completely amazing. It's my dream someday, to live in the country, where there is a lot of space, wildlife, and few people.

I've always felt closer to animals than to people. I think of my puppy and my kitty as my children. They love me regardless of how I dress, my likes and dislikes, and they listen when I have something to say, although they may are not able to respond back in words.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Last edited by persian85033 on 21 Jun 2012, 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 2:59 pm

I like animals and being in the nature. However, I wasn't always like this. To me both came only later in my life. First nature then animals. I like cycling in the mountains, camping, hiking, or just being outside in the nature. Before I could connect with animals, mainly dogs, I had to learn some rules and ways of dealing with them. There was a time in my life when I feared cats for no valid reason.

Speaking about children, well, I'm still in the learning phase with them, nearing forty...