Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2012, 12:56 am

Kinme wrote:
I just picture a child that is indigo in color. That is all.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who got that mental picture.

Zinia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jun 2012, 12:59 am

again_with_this wrote:
Zinia wrote:
I never associated AS children with Indigo kids, but I do remember hearing that Indigo Children talk less--may even go through a period of silence--but it is attributed to telepathy rather than autism.

I've never heard about pretension or self-righteousness of Indigo Children. I think the idea is fueled by a desire to see future generations fix the mistakes of the past.

That they "feel they have a right to be here," as if others don't? That they "know better than those around them, even all the adults." Yes, it is a bit pretentious.

The thing is--the label of "Indigo Children" wasn't created by the people designated by it. It represents the hopes and dreams of those before them.

iggy64
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Jun 2012, 1:06 am

Kinme wrote:
I just picture a child that is indigo in color. That is all.

Me too :)

fefe333
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Jun 2012, 1:19 am

wow. I've been researching it since I posted this thread, and I even stumbled across a indigo children forum. And I'll I can say is wow.

its like they belive they are some sort of magical being. They belive they can see ghosts and stuff like that. Some even think they have been ubducted by aliens. Its complete crap. They talk about "transporting energy into the next demention and blah blah meditate blah blah aura blah" they think they are the new age in human evolution and because of this made up crap they have the right to defy police (or officials). I honestly feel bad for any one that believe they are indigo. :roll: :?

aspie quiz results: 172/200
I am suspected to have aspergers, but I'm not diagnosed.

alessi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jun 2012, 3:21 am

I read an article that indicates that the characteristics of a person that new age types call "indigo" are the same as those of a psychopath.
Here is the URL http://www.cassiopaea.com/cassiopaea/psychopath.htm

Here is a copy and paste of the bit about "indigo"....

At the present time, there is something very scary going on in the metaphysical community: talk about the so-called "Indigo Children." One of the chief promoters of this idea, Wendy Chapman, writes:

Indigo Children are the current generation being born today and most of those who are 8 years old or younger. They are different. They have very unique characteristics that set them apart from previous generations of children. [...]

These are the children who are often rebellious to authority, nonconformist, extremely emotionally and sometimes physically sensitive or fragile, highly talented or academically gifted and often metaphysically gifted as well, usually intuitive, very often labeled ADD, either very empathic and compassionate OR very cold and callous, and are wise beyond their years. Does this sound like yourself or your child?

Indigos have come into this world with difficult challenges to overcome. Their extreme levels of sensitivity are hard to understand and appreciate by parents who don't share this trait. Their giftedness is unusual in such high numbers. Their nonconformity to systems and to discipline will make it difficult to get through their childhood years and perhaps even their adult years. It is also what will help them accomplish big goals such as changing the educational system, for instance. Being an Indigo won't be easy for any of them, but it foretells a mission. The Indigo Children are the ones who have come to raise the vibration of our planet! These are the primary ones who will bring us the enlightenment to ascend.

Sounds like a severe case of denial and wishful thinking, in my opinion. But, as we already understand the psychological reality is merely a tool for the Theological Reality, I suspect that the reader already has jumped ahead of me here and realizes what a big snow-job this "indigo children" deal is. Ms. Chapman has kindly provided a check-list to determine an "indigo child." After learning what we have about psychopaths, let's have a look at her list:

Have strong self esteem, connection to source
Know they belong here until they are told otherwise
Have an obvious sense of self
Have difficulty with discipline and authority
Refuse to follow orders or directions
Find it torture to waiting in lines, lack patience
Get frustrated by ritual-oriented systems that require little creativity
Often see better ways of doing thing at home and at school
Are mostly nonconformists
Do not respond to guilt trips, want good reasons
Get bored rather easily with assigned tasks
Are rather creative
Are easily distractible, can do many things at once
Display strong intuition
Have strong empathy for others or NO empathy
Develop abstract thinking very young
Are gifted and/or talented, highly intelligent
Are often identified or suspected of having ADD or ADHD, but can focus when they want to
Are talented daydreamers and visionaries
Have very old, deep, wise looking eyes
Have spiritual intelligence and/or psychic skills
Often express anger outwardly rather than inwardly and may have trouble with rage
Need our support to discover themselves
Are here to change the world - to help us live in greater harmony and peace with one another and to raise the vibration of the planet

What we see above is a list that includes certain definitely psychopathic behaviors along with behaviors of gifted children. We have to wonder at the attempt to weave the two together.

Where did this idea of "Indigo Children" come from? The phrase, "Indigo child" was coined by Nancy Ann Tappe in her book Understanding Your Life Through Color (1982) and refers to the color in these children's aura. Ms. Tappe was interviewed by Jan Tober for her book The Indigo Children (1999) and said: "These young children - every one of them I've seen thus far who kill their schoolmates or parents - have been Indigos."

That didn't stop Tober from writing her book and declaring that these children are "Spiritual Masters, beings full of wisdom, here to teach us a new way of being." The way the followers of the idea justify the fact that "not all Indigo children are filled with unconditional love, tolerance and non-judgment," is by declaring that they require "special" treatment and handling with kid gloves because they are so special and delicate and sensitive.

In a pig's eye. They are psychopaths and they have an altogether different agenda. And somehow, they are aware and seek to ensure that their offspring are well cared for, and that a lot of psychopaths grow up without being identified as what they are.

Nevertheless, there is no explaining the extremes that "true believers" will go to in order to find excuses for inexcusable things. Elizabeth Kirby, a businesswoman in southern California, who has "studied and practiced metaphysics for the last 21 years," writes:

In hearing about the school shootings, I knew Indigo children were pulling the triggers. The Columbine High School shooting was so horrific it caught everyone's attention. At the time my eldest daughter said to me, "Because they (Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold) were Indigos they wanted to do it, so they just did it. No remorse, no guilt, they just went ahead and shot all those people because they wanted to and felt they needed to." Indigo children don't have guilt to keep them in check and because they balk at authority they don't believe they have to follow the rules.

Writers in mainstream America like Jonathan Kellerman are lumping the Indigo school shooters with the psychopaths; the dark entities who are bullies, con-men, stalkers, victimizers, serial killers and those who kill for thrills. I don't believe these Indigo children who have taken weapons to school to harm other children are psychopaths. They have been bullied and teased and have an avenger attitude seeking justice for injuries inflicted on them. They aren't killing just for the thrill of killing. These kids know changes have to be made within the school system and they chose violence to make their statement, to give us a wake up call. Some of these metaphysical Indigo children are not hesitant about using violence to bring about change, and to bring us to enlightenment.

Indigo violence is here and it will continue, at least with this present generation of Indigo children. We are seeing with the current Indigo violence how the school system needs to be changed and how imperative it is to address the issues of bullying and intimidation in school. As the Indigo children grow to adulthood, their agendas will move out of the school system into our other systems, our social, political and judicial systems for example. Timothy McVeigh, the Oklahoma City bomber, is an Indigo.

Amazing, huh? Did you catch the remark: "Some of these metaphysical Indigo children are not hesitant about using violence to bring about change, and to bring us to enlightenment."

Don't we find that just a tiny bit contradictory? Aren't we stretching a bit? How about diving straight into denial?

At the present moment in history, the appeal of the psychopath has never been greater. Movies about psychopaths are all the rage. Hare asks "Why? What accounts for the terrific power that the personality without conscience has over our collective imagination? One theorist proposes that people who admire, believe, or identify with psychopaths, are partly psychopathic themselves. By interacting with a psychopath, even peripherally, they are able to voyeuristically enjoy an inner state not dominated by the constraints of morality. Such people are enabled to enjoy aggressive and sexual pleasures at no cost.
[i]

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2012, 4:31 am

Is it wrong for me to think this is hilarious? :lol: I think I found my calling in life. How does this sound? "Memoirs of a Indigo Child". Let's see... 600 attendees at their meeting in Hawaii... $200 per book (think of it as a college text book, totally worth it)... I'm starting to like this. :twisted:

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2012, 5:16 am

My mom falls for this new age BS and thinks of me as a hybrid of autistic and indigo lol wtf?

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

BunnyMum
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Jun 2012, 5:51 am

Doreen Virtue has written books about both Indigo and Crystal children. Personally, I'm open-minded about them. People believe many things that others think are mad. But if believing in something makes a person's life a little happier then that's no bad thing in my eyes. We all create our on realities and personal worlds anyway.

mntn13
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2012, 8:57 am

A pre-school special -ed teacher my son had years ago called him that, because he wasn't yet speaking. When she tested him for intelligence he passed quite easily & wanted to do more puzzles, etc. so, she claimed he was an indigo child.
O.K. .... Other than that she was a good teacher. . .
I'm a spiritual person and don't need some know-it-all with a bunch of pasted together theories telling me about Life.
Like, since I didn't already know (that my son was supposedly an indigo child) then I wasn't part of the 'special' type people. Another case of social construct 'Us vs Them' crapola. She gave me a book which she said would help me as 'mother-of-an-indigo-child. I donated it to the library.

Pipilo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Jun 2012, 4:01 pm

When my son was smaller, we learned to pointedly avoid our local "indigo children," they were usually too mean and bullying.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2012, 7:31 pm

Zinia wrote:
Haha

I've never heard a lot of the definitions on here, but I think they're super interesting.

As far as I understand, Indigo Child is a New Age label for a type of person who is being born more. Indigo children are supposed to help usher in a new age in humanity.

From what I remember, Indigo Children tend to keep to the background, though they have strong ideals and a concern for people and the earth, and are trying to prepare the earth for a stage of love and acceptance. They tend to correlate with the indigo chakra (the third eye), thus the name. The name "Indigo" refers to their auras, which are indigo colored.

Crystal children are the following wave of humans, characterized by their crystal like auras. Easily shattered, they require Indigos to pave the way for their arrival.

Yes, that was the original concept.

Its the color of their auras that are blue, and they supposidly all share a vague set of personality traits -spirtuality and empathy- but also "a sense of entitlement". Good and bad traits that could apply to almost anyone, and are only vaguely autistic sounding. Thats what the term originally meant several years ago when the "indigo child" notion first appeared among New Agers. Some years ago there were books on "how to raise an indigo child" which didnt mention the autism spectrum. But as this new age notion spread to the general public some folks speculated that autism spectrum children might be "indigo children" and gradually the Indigo child notion got more and more linked to the autism spectrum.

Whatever floats your boat.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2012, 10:47 pm

I thought the Indigo girls had adopted.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2012, 6:41 am

Whats coming down the pike next after the "crystal children"?

Plaid?

Paisley?

Zinia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jun 2012, 12:56 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Whats coming down the pike next after the "crystal children"?

Plaid?

Paisley?

Well, ultraviolet or infrared, probably. But after those come through we'll just have to make up names, unless anyone's ever visually observed any of the rest of the electromagnetic spectrum with their naked eyes? I want to know the name of the color between yellow and green.

I got told I was an "Indigo" child, but it didn't seem very believable. The people who said it were nice enough--but it seemed contrived.

I've only seen what could be suggested as aura, twice in my life. I saw my own aura once and it was pink. Yes PINK. One of my least favorite (and definitely least expected) colors.

mycats
Raven
Raven

20 Jul 2012, 9:49 am

Zinia wrote:
That they "feel they have a right to be here," as if others don't? That they "know better than those around them, even all the adults." Yes, it is a bit pretentious.

Why is Zinia calling Indigo children pretentious? Non indigo people wrote those definitions. Find a specific indigo person who specifically said they have more of a right to be here more than non indigo people, and then criticize that specific indigo person if they specifically say that.