Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 11:29 pm

I can't live well - my life is still broken because of them.

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 12:46 am

I have a question - is it still considered abuse if there is no physical injury caused, but rather some really messed up things being shown to the child - or really messed up behavior being encouraged and taught and such? Things like being shown extensive images of violence and gore, encouraged the torturing and killing of insects and animals and such, and much more.

Not interested in suing them or anything. I'm just curious.

FLBear
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jun 2012, 8:11 pm

I;m with you Mootoo.

I have thought of this.
However, I'm 54 and they are dead.
I Win.

Aspie Score: 170 of 200
NT Score 42 of 200
Very Likely an Aspie

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 2:53 am

You can talk to a lawyer in your area. I don't see why it wouldn't be possible, but if it doesn't get thrown out by the judge off the bat you are going to have to pay your attorney's hourly rate for this whole process, which could be long. This isn't some personal injury suit where a lawyer is going to take it on contingency.

In NY State, I'm told you generally have until you're 24 to file a civil claim for abuse as a minor. This means nothing to you as you live in the UK.

The abuse is going to have to be severe and provable.

Moondust
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2012, 4:15 pm

I think you're confusing the terms. You're seeking justice, not revenge.

Legal action is safe and doesn't belong at all in the category of revenge. Revenge can be dangerous for you if you're not extremely careful.

I believe (and in my neck of the woods everyone believes so) that the best revenge is to expose what the perpetrator did to the world. Abuse thrives in secrecy. Abusers exist because they can, there are no consequences. Especially child abusers, where the child is totally helpless.

What I would do is sue them in Small Courts so they can't bring a lawyer and it doesn't cost me anything. I wouldn't expect winning at all. I'd be perfectly contented with them having to stand there and all they did being related to them with them not being able to shut me up, scorn, insult me, rewrite history, dismiss as unimportant, belittle in return.

You can sue for ANYTHING, and many sue their parents for abuse. Many things are nowadays illegal because once there was someone who had the guts to go to Court and lost, but set an example for others to sue too. And the perpetrators were EXPOSED. Cigarette companies, work hazards, nazi criminals, etc. are some examples.

You'll not only be doing what's right for you, but helping others by setting an example that even if the abusers at this stage in society still don't get prosecuted, they are EXPOSED.

I would've sued my parents no doubt, but they had their punishment in such a horrible way that it rendered suing them irrelevant.