I like some of the ideas 38%  38%  [ 12 ]
What's the point? 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
What's the point? 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 32

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2005, 5:34 am

Does anyone ever implement any of these forum ideas?

Here's some more

Pets and Animals
Supernatural
Obsessions
On-site blog entries
food/cooking

I guess these would stop activity in the main forums, but at least a couple would be good.

queerpuppy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Mar 2005, 6:26 am

I definately think food + cooking, pets/animals, supernatural, and obsessions are good ideas.

I like a nicely catagorised forum!

JennieRichee
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Mar 2005, 6:57 am

I second queerpuppy. I reckon those catgories would be pretty useful.
It looks like we're gonna end up with a lot of categories. :)

Mockingbird
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2005, 7:36 am

I think food/cooking, pets/animals and obsessions would be good forums to add:)

ElfMan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2005, 8:31 am

I wouldn't mind these topics also

sensory issues
facial recognition and body language
social interaction
perception

ElfMan

Civet
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2005, 9:22 am

I think an obsessions forum would be great, and all-encompassing.

People can just start threads about their obsessions or interests (like the other categories you've listed, like Pets/Animals, or the supernatural). I don't think there is quite enough interest in those specific categories for them to each have their own subforums.

I think a combined sensory issues and perception forum would also be a good forum to start, since it seems to be a pretty hot topic around here. Social interaction is pretty much covered in "Friendship and General Social Interaction" as well as the "Romance" forum.

JayShaw
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Mar 2005, 11:09 am

I like the idea of a folder for obsessions and a folder for perception, cognition, and sensory issues. As Civet indicates, these are broad topics that will apply to a large number of people. I strongly support the addition of broad topic folders, as the general folder has been hosting a very large number of posts recently. It's difficult to justify creating folders for narrower areas, though, as this would make the structure of the forums much more unwieldy.

Since we're brainstorming, what do you all think about a folder for health issues that would include medications/treatment, diagnostics, sleep-related issues, and general health discussion? I think this would be a very broad topic, as well. Perhaps hale_bopp's idea of a supernatural folder could be expanded to include philosophy, religion, spirituality, supernatural beliefs, and mythology. I think that would be sufficiently broad to merit a folder.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2005, 5:39 pm

I'm thinking sub forums would be a good idea.

As for the on site blog, I like that better if it's available to read on the forums, because not many people will search out links to your blog and read it there.

If that is implemented, I think it should be a members only forum.

axelkat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2005, 7:28 pm

They are all too simplistic to have a forum named after them. Perhaps religion would be good since we seem to need a place for that. Perhaps also, a social science forum which is history, philosophy, anthropology, and others in that area. Just now thinking, the cooking and pets could go together in some sorta home life forum(not quite sure what a blog entry is), you also may be able to start an aspergers issues forum which would include obsessions and other issues particular to aspergers. Maybe also a hobby forum
A

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2005, 4:11 am

hahahahhaha, someone here doesn't like me. Show yourself!

man these smilies suck we need some better ones.

Anyway, I suppose the ideas aren't that great, and like I said, I don't want to slow up the general area.

axelkat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2005, 11:15 am

(coming out with hands in the air)sorry, i don't not like you, it was just too funny of a choice for the poll to resist. Your ideas are great, it just seems like there would be much too many forums if each idea had its own.
A

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2005, 8:33 am

I think another good idea is 'health'-related issues like for those with other health issues, like arthritis, asthma, as well as for those interested in 'medical' related things, etc. as well as 'diagnosis-related' ie. how to go about getting it, and has information on Aspergers, etc.

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2005, 9:00 pm

How about a Current Events forum, seperate from "politics, philosophy and religion"? Current events don't always fall under any of these categories, specifically, except in a broad sense; i kind of think it's worth of its own board. Dunno.

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2005, 10:52 pm

Serissa wrote:
How about a Current Events forum, seperate from "politics, philosophy and religion"? Current events don't always fall under any of these categories, specifically, except in a broad sense; i kind of think it's worth of its own board. Dunno.

It'd certainly alleviate a little pressure in the General Discussion forum...

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2005, 2:18 am

Agree w/ what Elfman, Civet, et. al. wrote. Would REALLY like sensory issues, body language, health/medical, body/mind topics organized separately. News & current events-would prefer it were not mixed in w/ "general discussion" (all the stuff that's not somewhere else).
If I want only news stuff, I'd have to wade through all sorts of other stuff. If I want some other topic that falls under "general discussion", I have to hunt through pages of dissimilar subjects (incl. news). Seems inefficient-and I get "mousepaw" from hand cramp of scrolling or clicking so much. Also, it gets confusing, how to interpret a thread title-so if things were in this or that area, then I might have more of an idea what is of interest to me, what the title words refer to or mean.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2005, 10:41 pm

I like the idea of a Food/Cooking/Health forum. I can't guarantee it'd be used ofthen though.