Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2012, 4:09 am

I also am very bad at getting stuff done. If someone tells me to do something, I forget one half of it and delay the other one as long as possible.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2012, 4:29 am

I live in supported housing so I only get one bedroom to store all my stuff in, except for food which goes in the fridge/freezer/my cupboard.

My kitchen cupboards are very organised; I have lined up all my tins in groups and made sure all the labels face the front. My fridge is a bit less organised as it is small so I had to cram things in a bit, but I still have a system in my fridge.

In my bedroom I organised all of my 125 textbooks in order of subject and author on my shelves. I got close to putting labels on the shelves like they do in bookshops but my dad said that would be silly so I memorised the subject order instead.

But I have so much stuff to fit into a relatively small space (my bedroom), so often I will have piles of clothes/books/paper on the floor, and my desk will be convoluted.

My room is often chaos.

But once a week I do a mass clean of my bedroom, I clean everything with antibacterial wipes and I dust everything, clean the floor, organise everything excessively and my bedroom ends up looking great.

I hate it when my room is chaos but I am often too tired from meds or severely lacking in motivation to tidy it.

I wish I had a house to myself, then it would be really neat.

The problem is that the housing officer from the council does room inspections every three months and keeps telling me my room is a fire hazard, or a health and safety hazard :/

I love order but it's not always possible.

Anty28
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jun 2012, 7:39 am

I like all things that are about classification (animals, languages, etc...).

That said, I would not say I am an organized person. I don't like tidying up or cleaning my room for example, and I don't do it very often. In some cases, if I think I'm overwhelmed or if there is a need for tidying up things I will do it, sometimes reluctantly and lazily and sometimes more passionately.

However, when I read a book I have I always put it back at its place when I'm finished with it.

azzazinator
Raven
Raven

28 Jun 2012, 11:01 am

I love order, and indeed the process of sorting and ordering thing, but my apartment usually looks pretty messy.

It seems to be almost impossible for me to initiate a cleanup, and even when I get started, I can't keep focus and motivation for more than 5 minutes. It feels like I'm physically exhusted when moving my arms an legs, and I constantly get sidetracked. That's how it is with almost everything, except my special interests.

Even little things, like taking out the trash, seems so difficult.
It's is SO energy consuming to force myself doing things, I can't motivate myself to do.

It's been like that all my life, and I do not think of myself as lazy. When I'm really in to something, I can work around the clock without food and sleep if neccesary.

Another problem: It's like all or nothing when I do something. When I am cleaning my bike for example, I just HAVE to take it all apart screw by screw. Otherwise I loose motivation, and just cant see the point in doing it.

Diagnosed
AQ=44, IQ=136