Page 1 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

nickowitz
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jun 2012, 3:08 pm

that movie looked sweet has anybody seen it?

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 2:16 pm

It sucked. Also this is from my Facebook

Last night I made the realization that Ridley Scott is the second coming of George Lucas. A once prolific director who now thinks it's good idea to rape and ruin the franchises that got him famous in the first place just because old people are f*****g crazy. First he shat out Prometheus which while visually stunning was pretty much a s**t movie, and now he's going to s**t out the sequel to Blade Runner THAT NOBODY WANTS! It's like the Star Wars prequels all over again.

Also
http://unrealitymag.com/index.php/2012/ ... rometheus/

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 2:36 pm

I haven't seen it, as I'm not much of a fan of the Alien series to begin with! (I should get around to watching the whole series at on point in my life).

I just wanted to say that this movie is in fact being discussed in this thread: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt200088.html

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 10:10 pm

I thought it was pretty good, though the 3d didn't ad much, would have been just as good in 2d.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2012, 12:12 am

I saw it in 2D. The visuals were good.

AspieSharaf
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jul 2012, 10:39 am

I liked it. Its not a masterpiece but I rate it 4 out of 6 stars.
I really just loved the android, David

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2012, 1:01 pm

The more I hear about this film the less I want to see it.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2012, 1:13 pm

Xenu wrote:

Last night I made the realization that Ridley Scott is the second coming of George Lucas. A once prolific director who now thinks it's good idea to rape and ruin the franchises that got him famous in the first place just because old people are f***ing crazy. First he shat out Prometheus which while visually stunning was pretty much a sh** movie, and now he's going to sh** out the sequel to Blade Runner THAT NOBODY WANTS! It's like the Star Wars prequels all over again.

Also

Comparing Ridley Scott to George Lucas is pretty laughable in itself. But truth be told, Prometheus was visually stunning and somewhat entertaining in places (the self-cesarean scene was icky in itself), but it's not the groundbreaking sci-fi everyone claimed it to be. Still, makes you forget about Alien 3 and Resurrection......

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

AspieSharaf
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jul 2012, 4:40 pm

LexingtonDeville wrote:
Still, makes you forget about Alien 3 and Resurrection......

So true, I kind of had the same feeling with this movie - that it - gets the things back on track. A kind of reestablishment of a unique franchising.
I think the scene where David is activating the alien computer and watches the holographic model of the universe is so great and wonderfull.

This movie's theme "ancient astronaut theory" is an exceting one. I like that Ridley Scott challenge himself with this theme. It is not something which is well tested on moviegoers.
So the movie's genre may be science fiction, but the theme is not the same which one saw in Alien and Aliens. This could lead us to say that Scott is taking a new path in regard to movie conventions.

This movie also has its own unique style* which I think is refreshing and needed in this genre. I watch Prometheus as a movie where the style is more important than the action made by the characters.

*The engineers presence/concept in the movie from the very start is a good example of a unique style

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2012, 4:42 pm

AspieSharaf wrote:
LexingtonDeville wrote:
Still, makes you forget about Alien 3 and Resurrection......

So true, I kind of had the same feeling with this movie - that it - gets the things back on track. A kind of reestablishment of a unique franchising.
I think the scene where David is activating the alien computer and watches the holographic model of the universe is so great and wonderfull.

This movie's theme "ancient astronaut theory" is an exceting one. I like that Ridley Scott challenge himself with this theme. It is not something which is well tested on moviegoers.
So the movie's genre may be science fiction, but the theme is not the same which one saw in Alien and Aliens. This could lead us to say that Scott is taking a new path in regard to movie conventions.

This movie also has its own unique style* which I think is refreshing and needed in this genre. I watch Prometheus as a movie where the style is more important than the action made by the characters.

*The engineers presence/concept in the movie from the very start is a good example of a unique style

Still, i still like the Directors Cut of Alien 3.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

AspieSharaf
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jul 2012, 5:03 pm

LexingtonDeville wrote:

Well the Alien 3 directors cut was indeed very much needed. And I also think it made the movie much better.
I really to this day, cannot understand why they in the original cinema version, took out the scene were there prisoners managed to trap the alien behind that massive door. That was such a good suspense moment beacuse you knew that it was just to good to be true that the alien would stay in there. you knew that someone would mess it all up and let it out, which off course happened so the movie could continue.
I can somewhat accept the style in Alien 3. But I really disliked the one in ressourection :roll:

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 3:53 pm

AspieSharaf wrote:
LexingtonDeville wrote:

Well the Alien 3 directors cut was indeed very much needed. And I also think it made the movie much better.
I really to this day, cannot understand why they in the original cinema version, took out the scene were there prisoners managed to trap the alien behind that massive door. That was such a good suspense moment beacuse you knew that it was just to good to be true that the alien would stay in there. you knew that someone would mess it all up and let it out, which off course happened so the movie could continue.
I can somewhat accept the style in Alien 3. But I really disliked the one in ressourection :roll:

I liked the original idea of having Alien 3 a colonly of monks. That would have probably been more interesting. I too like the style in the film.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 4:42 pm

Robdemanc wrote:
AspieSharaf wrote:
LexingtonDeville wrote:

I liked the original idea of having Alien 3 a colonly of monks. That would have probably been more interesting. I too like the style in the film.

The colony of monks on that wooden planet would of been a much more better idea.

AspieSharaf
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jul 2012, 4:58 pm

LexingtonDeville wrote:
Robdemanc wrote:
AspieSharaf wrote:
LexingtonDeville wrote:

The colony of monks on that wooden planet would of been a much more better idea.

I agree, the monk setup would, most certainly, have given a new and different approach to the concept, rather than running up and down along some dark corridors. As such I accept that it is a good dramaturgical effect (this corridor running thing), but back then in 92 when I watched Alien 3 in the cinema, I really excepted something more innovative. I remember I really got frustrated and I was rather young back then.(And therefore maybe not so critical as now)

Adam82
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 6:09 pm

Am I the only one who liked Prometheus? I saw it twice, and will get the blu ray.

I also liked Alien 3, though I think I actually prefer the theatrical edition. I prefer the dog host for the alien, to the ox. And I like the chestburster coming out of Ripley at the end.

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 6:51 pm

Xenu wrote:

Last night I made the realization that Ridley Scott is the second coming of George Lucas. A once prolific director who now thinks it's good idea to rape and ruin the franchises that got him famous in the first place just because old people are f***ing crazy. First he shat out Prometheus which while visually stunning was pretty much a sh** movie, and now he's going to sh** out the sequel to Blade Runner THAT NOBODY WANTS! It's like the Star Wars prequels all over again.

Also

Prometheus wasn't that bad. I agree its not up to par with Alien but what movie can be? But a sequel to Blade Runner..really? Is that all we can get now, remakes and sequels? Christ what a sad world live we in anymore.