Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 9:36 pm

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-i-lo ... ith-bacon/
Makes me not want the Adderall quite as much, but yeah, prescribed Adderall, and a bunch of psychiatric meds since age 8, gets up to 320lbs, and yeah... Quite a good read.

again_with_this
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 11:03 pm

This is like the Atkin's Diet, basically.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 11:23 pm

again_with_this wrote:

I'm not so much talking about it from the diet angle, just the medications and how they momentarily ruined his life.

again_with_this
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 11:49 pm

1000Knives wrote:
again_with_this wrote:

I'm not so much talking about it from the diet angle, just the medications and how they momentarily ruined his life.

I've thought about asking my doctor about Adderall. Tell me, do you recommend it despite the possible dangers? Has it helped you, or is it not worth it?

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 11:57 pm

Oh no, I've only been thinking about it. I've wanted it as I know caffeine/stimulants help me a lot. But now after reading this guy's experience with Adderall, albeit from a young age, yeah. I came across the article because I'm sorta "into" this diet thing, and trying to see if it works for me. I know introducing animal fats more into my diet has improved my mental states a lot.

Today I tried synephrine/bitter orange, and while the "high" was sorta cool, it gave me a headache. Synephrine is *sorta* an analog to ephedra, where amphetamines come from, so I'm assuming amphetamines will give me a similar headache and heart rate/blood pressure increase.

But no, not tried.

Scottinoz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Jul 2012, 11:45 pm

Adderall is way more stronger the d5s right, I lost my appetite using them and became extremely focused but my psychologist had taken me off them because i became addicted to them and was living in my own world (psychosis) and i put on a bit of weight after my appetite returned.

I have been focused on health and did take pills for my driving test and passed all tests first time on them, They really help me with that but burn my brain out using them and loss sleep so my health was diminishing on them so i started using more organic type os stimulates for cogent function :D

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2012, 12:02 am

in elementary I was on 10mg of Adderall and it didn't do anything. So they upped it to 20mg. I got 2 hours of sleep 3 nights in a row and didn't have much of an appetite. I was really paranoid too. I ended up coming home from school the third day and just laid down on my bed and cried. My mom decided to take me off of it after that.

Adderall Sucks.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2012, 7:48 am

A bad medication combo affecting one individual negatively = not trusting medical professionals?

:lol:

to his Interest."

WintersTale
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Jul 2012, 12:49 pm

Zyprexa made me balloon up to 300 pounds, dropping it and soda made me go down to 197. Now trying to lose more weight by exercising it off.

Didn't change my diet, other than dropping soda and changing meds. Oh, and I was prescribed it by two different doctors - one put me on Zyprexa and made me balloon up, and the other put me on Risperdal and I lost weight.