Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Shau
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2012, 3:29 am

Give us your RL examples of smooth moves you've managed to pull on wo/men!

I did something smooth today. I was at something called Armageddon Expo, which they were having here in NZ. Randomly, I was beset upon two pretty nice-looking girls who were going around hugging people. I went and hugged the hottest one first (8)), and then the second one for some reason said "You weren't supposed to give HER a hug!".

Now, I really don't get that part, maybe I missed something? But, either way, I immediately faced my body toward her, opened by arms a bit (according to my girl-savvy NT friends, this pair of body movements was really important), and said with a smirk "Awww, I was gonna share!" And she got really giddy and gave me a nice big boobies-pressed-against-the-chest hug!

I could barely believe it! So, basically what I'm gonna do is start applying a bit of a "chess opening" approach here and start cataloguing examples of "smooth moves". I reckon if I start seeing enough of them, I'll start to understand what makes them work (that's more or less how I've picked up every other social skill so far!).

So gimmie yours! Boys and girls, people of all ages!

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2012, 7:52 am

This was pretty sly...
After a meal with a group I was teased a bit and thought alright then and went back looking as if I lost my jacket (though I didn't bring one) and talking with the person I was aiming to talk to...
I asked about her and she was responsive thankfully and the meetup went well as we hugged afterwards so nothing was wrong... just haven't kept in touch. Oh well, I'm happy with what I achieved that day. =]

www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."

Shau
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2012, 4:38 am

Right, today I think I kinda managed to impress some ladies. Let's assess!

So, me and a bunch of folks my sister is friends with went to dinner, and I decided to go a bit balls-out and try to command the conversation as much as I could. I don't mean being the only one talking, I mean being the one generally directing it's flow and having a bit more center stage time than everyone else.

Generally, what I would do is take the topic at hand, and then whenever I was getting ready to finish what I was saying, I would use that chance to transition into some other thing and find a way to direct a question or facilitate further discussion from the group.

Example (Topic was Texas, where I came from): Bla bla bla bla bla Texas, bla bla yea I liked it, bla bla bla, I was considering going to Texas State before I moved to New Zealand. It's pretty much the best in the state imo, any of you guys go to Uni? [Turn to look at kinda hot chick who I know goes to uni, make eye contact, make sure body posture faces her (friends say this is important! Who'd have known?)] I'm pretty sure I heard that you go to uni.

Lovely Lady: Yea, bla bla bla [insert rest of convo]

And then, whenever the topic got back to me, I'd do the same thing again, and would shift the question to girls more often instead of guys, but hopefully not too often to be noticeable! And I wouldn't always direct the question, sometimes I'd direct it at the whole group. For example, I might have said instead "Any of you guys go to the good universities out here?"

........how complicated, right? But, everyone loved me that night! And I THINK I might have had one of the girls doing the hair-twirly thing at me! (I was lookin out of the corner of my eye, looks like she was lookin at ME and doing that though!)

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2012, 1:57 pm

This girl at the convenience store I used to hang out at a lot, was working at the carnival in town. She started talking to me, and I didn't get she was hitting on me. She asked "Do you know anything fun around here to do?" and I responded with "Nope, I don't do anything fun." SMOOTH.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2012, 3:22 pm

Well I had planned to meet some friends for lunch yesterday but everyone was busy.

A friend said it´d be cool to go to a well known cheap restaurant with two girls he had met this thursday.

We talked with them about things for a while and since one of them was a foreigner she started saying that she loved seeing so many good looking people around here. My friend and I looked at each other without knowing what else to say and I replied that we cant complain about those that are visiting us either.

She started laughing for a while and the conversation started taking a more upbeat turn after that.

Several hours later we were leaving and they said that we were very nice and it was great meeting us.

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2012, 7:50 pm

I just remembered what was probably my smoothest moment.

16 YO. Senior Year. Afternoon at school. Two very good friends of mine, who were best friends between themselves, had a fight. One of them was staring sadly to the yard from our classroom chin in her hand and there were two guys around her, who had a crush on her, trying to talk to her and make her feel better. By that time I'd already been seriously studying social interactions for around 7 months, and I knew that trying to confort her with words would be no good, and would not make me stand up from the others. So I left the classroom, went to the other side of the window (it was at the first floor, so I could stand right there) and put my chin on the back of my hand just like her while making an exaggerated sad face, like imitating her. I remember she inmediately smiled, and kissed the window. Then I don't know what got me, but I went and tried to kiss the window too, and she inmediately pulled back doing a half-surprised half-wtf face, looking at me. (In hindsight, while the sun glare only let me see what was inmediately at the other side, that being just her, apparently the whole classroom was watching. But I didn't know.) I made her a face where I raised slightly my eyebrows while smiling, and shrugging a bit, like saying "hey, what's the big deal? There is a glass between us anyway, this is all for good fun." Then she smiled and we kissed :D. Only then the classroom cheered, and I got a bit self-conscious but meh, that was one of the best moments of my life. I didn't go all skippy and giddy though, it wouldn't have been cool 8) so I just kept it to my best friend. At this moment it still amazes me how I was able to pull that off, what made her agree to do something so risque in front of everyone, apparently if I'm very happy, relaxed, and confident, there is some smooth inside me.

Shau
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 3:46 am

I know exactly how you feel man! Have you ever tried getting into weights and cardio? Doing both of those, I've come to find, shoots your mood and confidence through the roof. I've only been doing it a few weeks and I feel better in every conceivable way: Physically, mentally, emotionally.

Probably nothing TOO smooth today, more like a good effort, and related to a thread I made:

I was chatting with a somewhat idle clerk at the uni rec center when I quickly noticed that she was making quite a lot of eye contact with me. So I tried to return it as well, and was able to do small talk with her about uni and a bit of science behind nutrition (I was very pleased with this! Love a girl or ANYONE who'll listen to me talk about science). I tried to avoid talking about the gym as she probably has every random person doing that already (A guy told me that if you wanna chat up clerks and stuff, you wanna try to avoid talking about their work if you can help it cause they do it all the time).

And the whole time, I didn't get nervous! Or worry about saying something stupid. Grand!

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 6:29 am

Tapping into an inner collective cool
Channelling an ancient archetype
Confident strong male
Your energy field invisibly reaches out to touch her inner self
Smiling smiling smiling
Inside and out
The warm blood joyfully surging in your body
Closing your eyes
In bliss
Exuding happiness
Now she wants to be with you
She wants to share your mood
Your joy
Your happiness
Confidence
Carelessness
Body posture erect
Piercing calm gaze
Untainted by pain or suffering or so you appear...
Ha! That is for much later if you are deserving...
You are now so otherworldly and out of reach
She wonders what mysteries you hold... mesmerised, hypnotised