Does anyone else like/love weird foods

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

McAnulty
Toucan
Toucan

02 Jul 2012, 12:34 pm

Little black sheep, your signature is hilarious, I love it.

little_black_sheep
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jul 2012, 12:43 pm

McAnulty wrote:
Little black sheep, your signature is hilarious, I love it.

Yeah well, I am kind of famous for making compliments that make sense to nobody but me. A very good friend likes to cite the one where I wanted to compliment her on her bravery and compared her to a hippo (I love and admire hippos). Somehow she was not as flattered as I expected her to be. I have been told that I am also not to say things like "you are flexible like a blindworm" no matter how positive flexible is and no matter how flexible blindworms are :lol:

People like to be compared to animals like tigers, although these are the least successful hunters of all big cats :roll:

Every morning in Africa, an antelope wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest antelope, or it will starve. It doesn't matter if you're

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2012, 1:00 pm

Well to me, all the food I eat is normal. It's everyone else that eats the weird food.

I'll pretty much try any food once. I've eaten jellyfish, random pork organs (stomach comes to mind), I especially like chicken feet if they're prepared well, oddly enough I don't like raw oysters. I'll eat pretty much any seafood. I also like these little dried anchovies, right, you can eat them like chips and they got tons of protein. nom nom. Let's see, another favorite drink of mine is basil seed drink, speaking of which I should make some right now. It looks like this: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_4B6BR9aWHAk/S ... -Drink.jpg Like a glass of tadpoles. Pretty good. I don't know, I'd be pretty happy with Andrew Zimmern's job. This is mostly food I find at the Asian market, but unlike my friends who just gawk at it, I just eat/drink it and see how it tastes, and only very rarely do I hate it.

Let's see, it'd be easier if I said the foods I didn't like. White rice, can tolerate it, but don't really like it, much prefer brown, white rice smells like piss when it's cooking. I don't like hardboiled eggs or mayonnaise. Used to not really like tomatoes in sandwiches because the texture would clash with the rest of the sandwich. Loved ketchup when I was a kid, but grew to hate it when I was older for some reason. I don't like canned/frozen corn or peas, either, but I do like dried peas. Hell I pretty much don't like canned veggies in general.

As far as food habits, well, I like stuff spicy. I use lots of hot sauce and seasoning for everything I cook. One thing I do now that is pretty earth shattering to my crazy family is that I insist upon cooking everything myself and don't like processed food much. SO WEIRD. I also cook lots of international foods, which is apparently weird, too. Whatever.

But those are my food habits.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 4:49 pm

I like squid and octopus. Never tried geoduck and that's because it's hard to find. Was offered raccoon once but I passed. I've eaten iguana. Did buy some mealworms but threw them away. I'd probably eat anything if it was curried enough. I'd eat cat (lion, civet) and dog if it was available.

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2012, 3:58 am

redrobin62 wrote:
I like squid and octopus.

I love squid, too. I don't get a chance to eat it often, but when I have, it's been awesome - prepared perfectly - not chewy at all, nice quick deep fry, good seasoning, etc. I've never had poorly prepared squid, but I've only had it from two places, both known for their squid.

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2012, 1:47 pm

I like octopus and squid and by saying that I mean I like it without tons of batter, deep fried. Love the texture, I would probably eat one that was still alive.

I also enjoy unflavored, steamed broccoli, that's pretty weird. I don't eat read meat very often but I really like it nearly raw as well. Had beef tartar once and it was delicious.

kirayng
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2012, 1:52 pm

I'm particularly fond of black garlic, has anyone had it? It's fermented in the ground and it tastes like balsamic syrup crossed with a truffle. Also, where can I find these dried anchovy chips? Sounds wonderful, I'm in the U.S. wish we had more weird food in my area, though we do have lobsters and all manner of seafood-- sea cucumber, people eat that up here lol