I can follow tech topics, but social confuses...

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Sparhawke
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jul 2012, 3:08 pm

Have you ever been in a situation where if someone is talking about quantum mechanics or computers or other "techi/geek" topics you are in your element, but as soon as you turn around and start trying to talk of social topics; relationships, sex...whatever your mind is a complete blank?

I do not know where I fall, if I can be allowed to talk in my element I am fine...but social situations and conversations are a blank...I have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on from one moment to the next and the talk constantly shifts so while one moment I may "get it" it has moved on so then I have to start again.

I have even concluded in some part that many social conversations can be likened to chimpanzees screeching at each other, it makes little sense at all and is basically just noise.

Does anyone else feel like this?

Am I aspie or just a complete **** up of a NT trying to make sense of the world? lol

When people state that I "dont get it" it makes me want to scream...I do get it, I just wish people would shut up for a few hours for me to try to figure out what they are saying.

This is probably just a rant at the moment and I am not making myself clear, but does anyone else feel that most social situations are basically people yelling and screaming at each other without any logical flow?

noname_ever
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 3:29 pm

I do the same thing. I chalked it up to lack of experience in that area. Either I have to shrug my shoulders and say sorry, I can't help or think about the problem and approach it logically and take into account the past experiences I have had. The latter can give some decent advice (at least I described the advice I gave and it was described as sound).

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Jul 2012, 11:17 am

Ha ha; YES! I've been that way all my life. On a serious note, I have gotten my feelings hurt many times in the past, by thinking I was building a friendship or even potential dating interests in a few cases. These situations were based on some kind of interaction other than social stuff (a common interest, or maybe a political chat on the same side with someone, etc.) Then come to find out that nothing is there, other than whatever the technical or business issue was.

Charles