Aspie Affection and its general air of suckage.

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

htcfagg
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jul 2012, 11:12 am

Does Aspie Affection even work for most of you guys? I cannot search past page 2 of results without the formatting becoming completely messed up with a white background and an inconspicuous ERROR sign at the very bottom of the page. I noticed this before I signed up on it in June, but then it would only happen on page 7 out of 10. I've used three different browsers for it and no luck. is the site just permanently broken?

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2012, 11:39 am

It's a very buggy site. There is a thread about it in the WrongPlanet Discussion board.
From my experience a lot of great people on the site but it's very hard for you to find them, and for them to find you.

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2012, 11:42 am

Me too.

For a 'perfectionistic' aspie that noticed that the rest of the world (right world?) can somehow manage to pull it off successfully countless hundreds of millions of times for their web pages - it really, really pisses me off.
Doesn't matter if it's for dating or any other interest, it's empty promises (which look like lies), apparent incompetence, and complete disregard for their own self-esteem, and the hoops I had to jump through just to find out it's garbage.

Plus the grrls on the first default search page that works - probably think I'm some kind of Stalker Creep because I kept clicking the profiles that did show trying to test against the ones that wont show, checking different settings w/my web security.
I didn't notice that it tells you when your profile has been clicked.

So, I think - am I so stupendously unattractive that NO ONE ever checks my profile? or is it they just can't.
Dunno -gave up.

Too bad, seemed like a great plan, looks like some interesting ppl there.

Now what? Where else can someone go?
I will not dump money on untested sites no matter how 'promising' or 'testimonialized". It would be an endless proposition.

If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no love at all.

WintersTale
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Jul 2012, 1:10 pm

What is this? Can I search for it somehow?

RarePegs
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jul 2012, 4:01 pm

WintersTale wrote:
What is this? Can I search for it somehow?

Scroll to the bottom of this page, below the discussion

Blownmind
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2012, 7:02 pm

htcfagg wrote:
Aspie Affection

What is that?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

07 Jul 2012, 8:17 pm

Blownmind wrote:
htcfagg wrote:
Aspie Affection

What is that?

It's supposed to be a dating site for Aspies but unfortunately it's been abandoned by the admin so it has so many bugs lots of members cant search or use other essential features required in a dating site but the scammers figured out how

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2012, 8:45 pm

Yeah, you mean its air of being a mountain of bugs.

It'd probably better if we just brought a nexus here or on some direct intended affiliate site (like a WPLive) for us all to interact in a realtime social manner, play games together, etc.. Not only would it be way better for dating that some antiquated billboard style system but it would be great for social networking in general.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

bucephalus
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2012, 9:09 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:

It'd probably better if we just brought a nexus here or on some direct intended affiliate site (like a WPLive) for us all to interact in a realtime social manner, play games together, etc.. Not only would it be way better for dating that some antiquated billboard style system but it would be great for social networking in general.

that makes too much sense, stop it!!

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2012, 9:40 pm

bucephalus wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:

that makes too much sense, stop it!!

No worries, you just cited the precise reason it'll never happen. ;)

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Mitrovah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jan 2013, 7:45 pm

why did the guy abandon it why doesn't he go in fix it or but invest some money in the system I would pay a fee as a member to make it a better website knowing it is legitimate. secondly there are alot of bot profiles that are fake.
I wish I was a ace programmer I'd do it myself goddamn it. suggestions : platonic friends section so people can meet and make friends. One thing that would be sure is strict enforcement keeping creepers and bots of the site. i think that can be done by watching what they post on here.. they would have to be a established member of this forum before joining the other site and at the discretion of the webmasters. don't show pictures but posts to avoid biases. they can tell if they are legit aspie's. that would take more people to read what people are saying but it could be done it is for now a small sample of people. simple they submit the profile using the username on this site. they search and read the forum posts. the ones who have the triple digit numbers are proof just by that they are legit no spammer is that dedicated to making that many bogus entries. its a bit like 1984 but i think people would appreciate it. i suppose to avoid someone making posts just to establish themselves it would and should be obscure. something one has to find instead of it being advertised.

ShelbyGt500
Toucan
Toucan

29 Jan 2013, 11:29 pm

It's a free site, so that's a big plus. And, there seem to be a lot of really nice girls on the site. I joined and met a few nice girls to chat with via private mail, but I'm way out of the age group for most of the people there. I'm a software engineer. And, there are a lot of technical people on the site. Maybe we could see about putting something together that has the features that we want. If Alex likes the idea, we might be able to build it so it's wrapped by Wrongplanet.net. That way we may be able to avoid some of the scammers and spam. What does everyone think of that idea?

Rifter
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Jan 2013, 7:25 am

6K males
2k females

Has any male here had any luck on that site?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

30 Jan 2013, 12:06 pm

Rifter wrote:
6K males
2k females

Has any male here had any luck on that site?

I don't know but I know some guys here have said some of the women were the typical spammer scammer tolls who lerk almost every other free dating site.
I said this before in other threads but I'll say it here too. Even if Aspie Affection site wasn't abandoned & didn't have any bugs; it likely would not work for many people & neither will any other dating site geered towars the Aspie nitch because. Aspies are ansmall percent tjat can be kind of unheard of in certain areas. Guys are diagnosed with it 4x more than womean so their is a much higher percentage of guys who know they are Aspies than women. Also it tends to be harder for Aspie guys to get dates than it is for Aspie girls because of the way the dating rolls work;(DISCLAIMER it is NOT easy for lots of Aspie women & theere are some who have a much harder time than the adverage Aspie guy & some Aspie women can have a very hard time finding the rite guy for them but in general overall it is probably easier for an Aspie girl to get a date than it is for an Aspie guy) so there is likely to be a much higher ratio of guys on an Aspie dating site than women which causes the women to get overwhelmed by guys messaging them & the guys get frustrated with lack of replies & some become bitter which scares off women.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Logan5
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Jan 2013, 1:53 am

There are (or were) other dating websites targeted towards people on the autism spectrum. http://www.autisticdating.net/ appears to be made using the same template software as Aspie Affection, but it does not (yet) suffer from as many problems as Aspie Affection. It does have the gender imbalance Nick mentioned. In addition, as is the case for any niche dating website, there are (relatively) few people on it.

ShelbyGt500
Toucan
Toucan

31 Jan 2013, 1:55 pm

Logan5 wrote:
There are (or were) other dating websites targeted towards people on the autism spectrum. http://www.autisticdating.net/ appears to be made using the same template software as Aspie Affection, but it does not (yet) suffer from as many problems as Aspie Affection. It does have the gender imbalance Nick mentioned. In addition, as is the case for any niche dating website, there are (relatively) few people on it.

I suspect they are somehow related to match.com. As I recall, I saw a reference to match.com in the html source for one of the pages.