Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 4:47 am

Imagine you never had water for a every long time and all what you needed first is to drink and appease your thirst but suddenly, out of blue, you get showered by a niagara-sized waterfall falling upon you. At first you'd be extremely happy with this new feeling, drink insanely and then afterward....you wouldn't know what to do with all this flow of water, how and where exactly to invest it.

Ok, maybe not the best metaphor but as already most of you know, I have been struggling to get any female attention (it was ZERO) and suddenly i am getting an eruption of it, each prospective has her advantages and disadvantages yet now I am feeling that each one of them wants my attention exclusively for herself already.

Problem is, I am not sure who's my best match, I don't know yet who I want.

H: (the hiking girl) already fell for me (it's obvious), I knew her only since Sunday and she obsessively all day all night contacting me yet she doesn't know my faith atheist status yet - knowing this might be a major a turning point :S. I highly like her.
S: met her twice, also frequently contacting me but I don't think there's chemistry from my side. (ok, this option is out already then...still waiting for the right time).
M: My first okc contact - very liberal muslim, she knows about my atheism and she's totally ok with it.
She told she wanna invite me for a dinner at her place (in beirut) after getting back from her short visit in pakistan , she contacted me recently to tell me she's in Pakistan and her dad is critically sick. She'll come back eventually and hopefully with good news, I highly admire this person.
A: An Egyptian agnostic who lived here for a while and planning to live here again, this one is also constantly texting/phoning/emailing me (of purely naughty nature but obviously hinting for seeking something serious..), too clingy sometimes, will come in august.
D: The single mom i know from gym too...recontacting me again. I gave this one too many chances before.

+ few others who are contacting me just thro okc/other site and wanting to meet me.

So... in short, I am getting phones/texts/emails extensively from all them (more and less) on my phone/email/FB, I can't go on like this :S :S ... I have other things in life!

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 5:15 am

H. She's the only one you said you really like.

"Never rains but it pours" is usually quite accurate.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 8:32 am

I'd say you should go for H. You've met her in real life; what you see on OKC isn't always what you get in real life. :)

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 9:02 am

It's between H and M...
If H does not like the fact that you are an atheist then from my view, M could work as she seems to like you regardless of your beliefs.

www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."

MightyMorphin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 9:43 am

Go with your gut feeling, who you feel chemistry with, who you click with, who you have the most in common with, and the most in common with future plans. For example, I wouldn't hook up with a girl if she was dead set on having kids and marriage, because that's just not me. Even if we clicked so much, our futures would clash, and we would never end up happy together in the end.

If I were in your position, the one from Pakistan and the single mum would not be my choices. She'd have to move to you, or you'd have to move to her, or it'd be a serious long distance relationship because neither wants to move, and the single mum, you've already said you've given her chances, and she clearly doesn't know what she wants. She's a mind f*ck, and you're better off without her.
The Egyptian, if she's too clingy for your liking, she might not be the girl for you.

I would bet you'd most likely be best happiest with the hiking girl. Of course, whatever I say is only opinion, and I have no idea what's in your best interest.

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 11:47 am

I'd say between H and M, definitely not D, and don't know enough about A. From a very pragmatic point of view, I'd tell H about the atheism to cut options and make the choice easier.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 3:15 pm

PastFixations wrote:
It's between H and M...
If H does not like the fact that you are an atheist then from my view, M could work as she seems to like you regardless of your beliefs.

You could have both H&M

But if you ask me H sounds like the perfect match for you :) time to quit shopping!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 3:26 pm

oops I forget to include the main question of the thread! I didn't want to ask you who to choose lol but thanks for your inputs anyway, yet some of you did already answer part of my question.

My question is: how to manage this?? (ok forget about S and D).

But how to try one after another without closing the other options?

Quote:
I'd say between H and M, definitely not D, and don't know enough about A. From a very pragmatic point of view, I'd tell H about the atheism to cut options and make the choice easier.

My thoughts exactly, and it should be before 20 July when the fasting month starts, because I am 99% sure the first thing she's gonna ask me on this day will be "how's your fasting going?" lol....fcuk :roll:

Before H, I had no 'guilt' feeling of talking them simultaneously (because it's the norm in online dating and i know the A , M and S are doing the probably same : talking with other guys too), while H is acting in a way like she's already supposed to be the only girl in my life.

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 3:32 pm

Who says you have to make up your mine right now. I wouldn't get to wrapped up in H until you meet. Try to have fun.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 4:23 pm

^ already met H for a whole journey.

MightyMorphin wrote:
Go with your gut feeling, who you feel chemistry with, who you click with, who you have the most in common with, and the most in common with future plans. For example, I wouldn't hook up with a girl if she was dead set on having kids and marriage, because that's just not me. Even if we clicked so much, our futures would clash, and we would never end up happy together in the end.

Hence why i am taking the religion thing into consideration- religion is a major clash factor.

Quote:
If I were in your position, the one from Pakistan and the single mum would not be my choices. She'd have to move to you, or you'd have to move to her, or it'd be a serious long distance relationship because neither wants to move,

M is ...geographically flexible in that regard due to her job's nature, according to her.

Quote:
and the single mum, you've already said you've given her chances, and she clearly doesn't know what she wants. She's a mind f*ck, and you're better off without her.

haha probably, today she came to me, kissed me on the cheek, there was almost no one around at that moment, she was just coming back from an aerobic class and seems she changed her top but not her bra so it left two distinct wet round spots on her clean top, she pointed to them, made a funny comment about it and showed me a part of her ....bra (lol) "I didn't change that, that's why" - she said.
And later on she came to me complaining how some of the machines are bruising her fingers/palms, I was like "well, i would borrow you my gloves a bit but they're sweaty now" , she grabbed them and smiled saying "do you think I would mind yours?" and wore them! Ewww.

loool good H wasn't there, I feel this D will be trouble.

Quote:
The Egyptian, if she's too clingy for your liking, she might not be the girl for you.

To be fair, they were all equally clingy lately.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 4:52 pm

Winning

deltafunction
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 4:54 pm

Have you thought about getting to know these women more before deciding whether you want to pursue any of them romantically? Try to be friends first (or date all of them until you decide, but I'd tread this path with caution. If one of you gets serious feelings, then you may have to decide about exclusivity). Who knows, you might end up being friends with some of these women, even if you are not compatible for a relationship.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 4:59 pm

deltafunction wrote:
Have you thought about getting to know these women more before deciding whether you want to pursue any of them romantically? Try to be friends first (or date all of them until you decide, but I'd tread this path with caution. If one of you gets serious feelings, then you may have to decide about exclusivity). Who knows, you might end up being friends with some of these women, even if you are not compatible for a relationship.

The problem is about H! She's already too attached, very obviously.

Who knows Italian? she just sent me an Italian song I don't know the name nor i can understand it

deltafunction
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 5:13 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
The problem is about H! She's already too attached, very obviously.

You're not dating her yet, right? Just keep it casual, and play it smooth until you know what you want. Even if you do date, it's understandable for a man to not display strong feelings until at least a few dates in. If she asks, just say you want to take things slowly.

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Who knows Italian? she just sent me an Italian song I don't know the name nor i can understand it

Google translate

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 5:26 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Google translate[/quote]

It's a song, not a text, anyway Shazam got it for me, it's called la promessa - Il Divo.

I've just read the translated lyrics.

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 5:55 pm

Spanish is my first language; written Italian is close enough to be understandable. PM the lyrics or post them or something.