Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Are you Confident around people you interested in?
yes 40%  40%  [ 16 ]
no 60%  60%  [ 24 ]
Total votes : 40

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2006, 1:59 pm

Dude, "insecurity" is probably the most overused word in my blog.

Revenant
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2006, 6:29 pm

I become shaky and clumsy around beautifull women. Guys are no problem but whenever an attractive woman enters the room my movement becomes "robotish" and it really intimidates me and them.
It's better now than it was before, but I'd still be happy to live without it

NeoPlatonist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Nov 2006, 7:46 pm

I'm fairly confident around people I am only casually interested in. If I want to get a specific result from someone, I always fall all over myself. I just asked a girl on a lunch date earlier tonight. My problem really comes with trying to transition from small talk to deeper conversations. I'm really shy about that.

platonicsolid
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Nov 2006, 11:30 pm

im really confident on the telephone but its downhill from there.

NeoPlatonist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Nov 2006, 1:08 am

platonicsolid wrote:
im really confident on the telephone but its downhill from there.

That is the complete opposite of me. I HATE calling strangers on the phone. Things like ordering a pizza are not very easy for me.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2006, 1:50 am

Luckily I don't even let myself like anyone unless its off of how we click or what I see of their personality. When it does happen though yeah, I have a tendency to get stupid nonverbally and another weird thing. I'll catch myself looking and have to look away when they walk in the room like 30 feet away, there's no warning time for me to just not do it - its like impulse just took over before I can filter that. Even though I don't get bad reactions I just hear that kind of thing creeps women the hell out so I do everything I can do avoid it. I'd say that I can be confident as long as I can get her to talk. That's the toughest part, women when they get into that sizing up mode all too often make it really tough, the tests go up, and part of that is the guy needing to initiate everything. I can be comfortable with a girl if we already have a good conversation going but I always feel I'm at my potentially creepiest or easiest to really misread when I'm initiating and when I can't get past initiating or am getting very little in terms of reactions out of them I tend to read their body language too literally. I guess I'd say I'm more dependent on the situation for my confidence, can't really throw down a blanket answer on that one.

Immortal
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2006, 1:57 am

I think the fact that they always think much much more highly of me than I do of myself indicates that I am not at all confident.

However I do feel comfortable around him, I wouldn't be interested if I did not ;)

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2006, 6:18 am

platonicsolid wrote:
im really confident on the telephone...

You know how to use a telephone?! 8O Are you sure you're an aspie? :wink:

- Emerson

GenericBrandUserName
Toucan
Toucan

28 Nov 2006, 11:45 am

I'm indifferent, really, but that's because I'm not really interested in anyone at this moment in time. You could say I'm confident, even though I lack any real incentive or motivation to go out of my way and befriend people.

platonicsolid
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Nov 2006, 10:06 pm

MrMark wrote:
You know how to use a telephone?! 8O Are you sure you're an aspie? :wink:

i just found out recently and now im 30 so i suppose ive learned a few things over the years. i think the reason is because there is limited sensory input on the phone which makes social interaction more bearable.

in person im pretty quiet or making a minor fool of myself.

Anxiled
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Dec 2006, 12:43 am

Never

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2006, 3:09 pm

Most of the girls at my school are:
Lesbians {no problem with them}
Too Promiscous
Bi-Curious
The girls know very well to leave me be.

Back in May, I attempted to make conversation with a girl I have a very mutual relationship with. We attempted to listen to each other but I made a total ass of myself which led to a nasty fallout. Her friend is a goth {I'm allergic to goths} so her goth friend has been speaking for her. We have been re-building our relationship but I see that things have not been easy. :x

Hummingbird

03 Dec 2006, 6:32 pm

I voted Yes... but note that I have only been interested in one person in my entire life.

I was confident around him only because I knew he liked me. Sometimes I feel like I'm acting instead of being myself. I can't really tell, because I struggle to know myself.

Though I may appear confident sometimes, but it's like it's not even me talking. I feel like I'm on autmoatic pilot. Inside I am stuttering for answers and wanting to hide under a rock, but somehow I always think of something to say. And it's usually very flirty and I'm not even trying. *sigh* That brings about a lot of unwanted attention.

Seigneur
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Dec 2006, 6:43 pm

No, not even if I'm 90% sure a girl would like me, I can't stop thinking about that 10% chance that I'll get rejected.

I used to have serious balls. I'd ask out a girl, right in front of all her friends. Well, getting shot down four or five times in a row changed that real fast :lol:

DerekD_Goldfish
Toucan
Toucan

03 Dec 2006, 7:44 pm

Seigneur wrote:
No, not even if I'm 90% sure a girl would like me, I can't stop thinking about that 10% chance that I'll get rejected.

I used to have serious balls. I'd ask out a girl, right in front of all her friends. Well, getting shot down four or five times in a row changed that real fast :lol:

Indeed indecision and slef doubt are desperate

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2006, 7:00 pm

Now that I am starting an Aspergers support group at my HS, I am confident enough that she will show, given the fact it is invite-only.