how to be an active woman on online dating site(for men too)

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 1:48 am

Yuzu wrote:
DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
Yuzu wrote:
DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
Yuzu wrote:
Quantum_Immortal wrote:
*Just go for it and send a message. A short one, or very short one, it shouldn't have much real content. Send several if necessary. The advice to men is to send long messages if they are really interested to a girl. It doesn't apply to women.

Why a short one?

people don't want to read an essay
and if they do, it will probably take them longer to reply to you because they have to formulate a response long enough for your message

You mean "men" don't want to read an essay?
He's saying men should send a long one but not women. I was wondering why the difference.

Oh I see. Sorry I misinterpreted your question.
IMO, 1-2 short paragraphs is the way to go for everybody (both what I have the best results sending out & what I'm most likely to respond to)

I see. I'm starting to get it now. I guess it's important for women to appear even more casual than men do when sending out a message.

I don't think it's a good idea for anyone to seem overeager.

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 1:48 am

Ai_Ling wrote:
I dont exactly agree with this "catch me" approach that women are suppose to do. I know I do run into trouble, I'd perfer at least a semi-aggressive approach when going after men.

I read that women often do initiation contact but they do it in subtle ways. Like flirting, smiling, eye contact, etc. They dont actually ask the guy on a date for instance. And they have to act like the guy made initiative.

Yeah men are hunters by nature, but hey I am too. That's just my opinion cause all this gender role playing crap is BS. Why cant both genders go after both genders.

But as for the initial advice, a wink might actually be a good way of signifying a guy that your potentially interested. And don't message the person more then once if they don't reply. This goes for anyone girl or guy. Because you just come off as desperate and annoying.

this +1