Is there a way to make friends on wrong planet?

Page 2 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

slave
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 1:18 pm

I have PM'd users here who don't even bother to reply.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 2:58 pm

slave wrote:

More often than not they reply. However, mostly they were females who didn't even bother to send one single reply as an acknowledgment. Males at least kept up corresponding for a while. There are nice exceptions, though. :)

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 4:50 pm

OJani wrote:
slave wrote:

More often than not they reply. However, mostly they were females who didn't even bother to send one single reply as an acknowledgment. Males at least kept up corresponding for a while. There are nice exceptions, though. :)

Is it because these women have major tickets on themselves ? It seems their a few who are that way around here ?

What ever.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 5:03 pm

Some friendships are not worth it

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 8:37 pm

Surfman wrote:
Some friendships are not worth it

I agree.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

24 Jul 2012, 10:15 am

aussiebloke wrote:
OJani wrote:
slave wrote:

Is it because these women have major tickets on themselves ? It seems their a few who are that way around here ?

What ever.

What does major tickets mean?

AdmiralCrunch
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Jul 2012, 11:10 am

hartzofspace wrote:

I've noticed that most men on the spectrum are both aggressive towards and completely incompetent at interacting with the women that they are interested in. This defeats the standard canard of us not having enough "confidence"; in fact, I'd call it too much.

The result is that many of the women on forums like this feel overwhelmed by negative attention from the men, as though the women are front-row tickets to a major music concert. This is hurtful to the women as they feel intimidated and undervalued as a legitimate member of the community.

Thus, many women might not respond to personal messages, even to other women. So, please don't feel shunned if many of the people you PM don't get back to you; they may just not be comfortable with you yet.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2012, 11:43 am

hartzofspace wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:
OJani wrote:
slave wrote:

What ever.

I was about to ask the same. :)

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2012, 2:46 pm

♦ have (got) tickets on oneself (Austral)
informal to be conceited

Dictionary

AdmiralCrunch
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Jul 2012, 2:49 pm

Keeno wrote:
♦ have (got) tickets on oneself (Austral)
informal to be conceited

Oh.... my bad. :oops:

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2012, 5:11 pm

Australia has some real beauti's

Rock spider- Sydneysider slang for pervert sneaking about the cliff boulder shoreline, perving at naked sun bathers

Baldies- under-age prepubescent girls

Boiler- older women(like boiling a tough laying hen)

Battler : someone working hard and only just making a living

Bogan : person who takes little pride in his appearance, spends his days slacking and drinking beer

Budgie smugglers : men's speedo style bathing costume

http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html/

...at least you cant call AussieBloke a sycophant...

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2012, 5:16 pm

People here are going to be mentally ill to some extent (socially in the least), which is the complete opposite that someone with an ASD needs; people with ASDs generally need stability in regards to friends and whatnot, and others with such [or some other mental disorder] aren't the most stable people around.

So, "outlook not so good", in other words.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

24 Jul 2012, 5:22 pm

AdmiralCrunch wrote:
hartzofspace wrote:

I've noticed that most men on the spectrum are both aggressive towards and completely incompetent at interacting with the women that they are interested in. This defeats the standard canard of us not having enough "confidence"; in fact, I'd call it too much.

The result is that many of the women on forums like this feel overwhelmed by negative attention from the men, as though the women are front-row tickets to a major music concert. This is hurtful to the women as they feel intimidated and undervalued as a legitimate member of the community.

Thus, many women might not respond to personal messages, even to other women. So, please don't feel shunned if many of the people you PM don't get back to you; they may just not be comfortable with you yet.

I have to agree with you here! I have received messages from men who wanted me to send them pics of my naked body but weren't interested in getting to know me as a person, with the result that I am sometimes leery of responding to personal messages from males. I have also had someone contact me in a friendly fashion but who then backed off when I mentioned my fiance.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2012, 5:23 pm

The pursuit of friendships is highly over rated, and is responsible for lowering the IQ of many[who snuggle together and go 'hehehehehe']

Also these bonds are usually transient, and many suffer when friendship and love is lost... Work hard to raise a family... work hard to pay child support...

Society underwrites relations, if your different from the norm[common denominator] your relations suffer according to society.

Caesars ugly mob influence's your relations by stint of group consciousness

Emotional intelligence and happiness increases though with friendships?? hehehehehehehehehe

so yeah

take your pick

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2012, 5:28 pm

Dillogic wrote:
People here are going to be mentally ill to some extent (socially in the least), which is the complete opposite that someone with an ASD needs; people with ASDs generally need stability in regards to friends and whatnot, and others with such [or some other mental disorder] aren't the most stable people around.

So, "outlook not so good", in other words.

by your logic then... WP is a harmful place for aspies? hmmmm

expressing angst in an appropriate forum space, or discoursing friendship dynamics, is bad?

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2012, 3:19 am

hartzofspace wrote:
AdmiralCrunch wrote:
hartzofspace wrote:

I have to agree with you here! I have received messages from men who wanted me to send them pics of my naked body but weren't interested in getting to know me as a person, with the result that I am sometimes leery of responding to personal messages from males. I have also had someone contact me in a friendly fashion but who then backed off when I mentioned my fiance.

Then I must be doing something else that might be considered offensive or simply boring...