Page 1 of 7 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

MightyMorphin
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 9:40 am

I hated having long hair because it p*ssed me off, always bashing and stroking on the back of my neck and stuff, but where I feel my shorter hair probably is never going to get me a girlfriend, I want to grow it back to mid length again. I can't help but think I'll just get fed up with it and cut it off, again.

Anybody else the same, males and females? Cut your hair short for this reason? Or if you do if issues with your hair on your neck etc. but don't cut your hair short, how do you deal with it, without tying it up?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 9:57 am

I have long hair and don't know how to handle it, but I don't want short hair either. But I see other people and their hair seems to stay in shape, but mine flops down all over my face and I end up tucking it behind my ears. I bet even if I straightened it, it wouldn't stay that way, it would start flopping all over my face again, and I'd be damned if I have to carry hair straighteners about with me, as if I've got the time and the energy to keep straightening my hair in public toilets every five minutes! I'm sure every woman with long hair doesn't do that, so I don't know how they manage to keep their hair the way they want it.

The best advice is to have a fringe and you can then tie it back without looking too stark, then it would keep out of your way. But I don't want a fringe.

Last edited by Joe90 on 05 Aug 2012, 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 10:36 am

I hate short hair. I want my hair to be long.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

ghoti
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 10:52 am

I have an odd shaped head, so i go with longer hair to help hide my features. I did look ridiculous whan a baarber cut my hair short against my preferences.

zxy8
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Aug 2012, 10:58 am

I am a man and have shortish hair. But I use hair spray, so it really depends on your definition of short. But I spray mine :D I would never have long - too girly for me.

Nonperson
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 10:59 am

I imagine most guys with girlfriends have short hair (because most guys have short hair). But anyway - I like my hair long so I can hide behind it, but in the summer it's uncomfortable so I usually put it up, even though I feel awkward that way. Can't wear bangs because my hair is too curly (I'd get that ridiculous early 90's flipped bangs look). I shaved my head once, which felt nice but made me too conspicuous. I'm female.

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 11:03 am

Nonperson wrote:
I imagine most guys with girlfriends have short hair (because most guys have short hair). But anyway - I like my hair long so I can hide behind it, but in the summer it's uncomfortable so I usually put it up, even though I feel awkward that way. Can't wear bangs because my hair is too curly (I'd get that ridiculous early 90's flipped bangs look). I shaved my head once, which felt nice but made me too conspicuous. I'm female.

I'll never understand the silly unwritten rule that males should have short hair and women long hair. Yeah, I know there are exceptions, but if you look at it overall, it's just strange. I mean, what purpose does it serve? If you reverse it, and have most guys with long hair and most girls with short hair, nothing substantial would change in the way society functions. :P

nolan1971
Toucan
Toucan

04 Aug 2012, 11:16 am

I think it is all a matter of trend (What's in/ What's out) Long hair was very popular with guys from the 60's-80's
and just not in style right now.
I had the MacGyver look during high school and cut it real short since. :D

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 11:22 am

Not for the reason you mention. I was cutting my hair because I thought it would reduce the hair problem of cleaning it up from the floor. But since that didn't help, it is getting pretty long now since I decided to let it grow. What I do now is brush the heck out of my hair every morning which really help to constantly clean it up off the floor and keep it off my clothes. Most of it ends up in my brush now. :wink:

Nonperson
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 11:24 am

CyclopsSummers wrote:
Nonperson wrote:
I'll never understand the silly unwritten rule that males should have short hair and women long hair. Yeah, I know there are exceptions, but if you look at it overall, it's just strange. I mean, what purpose does it serve? If you reverse it, and have most guys with long hair and most girls with short hair, nothing substantial would change in the way society functions. :P

Not my rule. I'm just saying the OP probably doesn't have anything to worry about if he wears his hair short, as he prefers.

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 11:36 am

I used to have long hair, but I had to cut it for work. Now, it's very short. I miss having long hair :(

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/

MightyMorphin
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 11:43 am

Nonperson wrote:
CyclopsSummers wrote:
Nonperson wrote:

Not my rule. I'm just saying the OP probably doesn't have anything to worry about if he wears his hair short, as he prefers.

I'm female... lol.

Glorifel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Aug 2012, 11:49 am

I used to have really long hair. I don't even remember why I cut it, but I kept it short for a long time just for convenience and to appear more masculine (I should not have thought this way). I have sorely missed having very long hair and I am in the process of letting it grow for 2 or 3 years. My hair is very thick and nice, and it seems silly, but I like brushing and touching it. I also like long hair on my partners, if they keep it clean and cut nicely.

G.

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 11:56 am

Nonperson wrote:

Image Wasn't suggesting that it was. Just think it's an odd phenomenon, is all.

As for me, I prefer my hair short. When I let it grow, it curls like crazy, so at the moment (as I've last cut my hair 4 months ago), I have something of a big-curled afro. If I let it grow some more, the curls will probably fall, but I figure that it would be more bothersome to deal with. So I'll be cutting it off again next week.

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 11:57 am

MightyMorphin wrote:

I'm female... lol.

Ooo... I didn't notice that either, just like Nonperson. :oops:

So there you go, see how deep-rooted the stereotype is, LOL.

Nonperson
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 12:17 pm

MightyMorphin wrote:
I'm female... lol.

Your avatar looks male! :lol:

In that case, I'll just say, I had a lot more women flirting with me when my head was shaved...