Your security is causing me meltdowns.

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

ElvishAspie
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Aug 2012, 2:54 am

I am having a meltdown because of the way this site is run.

I just joined. It took me two days to get in because you kept BANNING me from your site and I don't know how to enable my cookies NOT ALL ASPIES HAVE TECH SKILLS. I just wrote a long silly Hello monologue. Then it disappeared because you made me prove I wasn't a virus. I was just previewing what I'd written and BAM it went away. PLEASE STOP banning me from your site. I am NOT A SPAMBOT FROM INDIA. I AM FROM INDIA.

Thank you. I will now attempt to calm down, have some tea, hear some Chopin, and introduce myself like a sane person.

Best,
Elvish Aspie

Last edited by ElvishAspie on 06 Aug 2012, 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2012, 4:23 am

Eh, well I'm not sure but I think this is an isolated occurrence, very rarely do people have issues connecting with the site, and we have people from all over the world, even from countries that you would think would have net issues because of their political/economic situations (underdeveloped, war-torn, government censorship, etc).

It could be something on your end, maybe a virus on your machine. I can't tell you but I do know your situation is not normal.

Try starting a help thread in the WP support forum, or PM Alex (site founder and admin) or one of the moderators (anyone on the forum with the title "Moderator" under their Avatar). The moderators can edit posts and move/lock topics, etc, they don't have full backend access but they DO have a direct line to Alex who does have that clearance.

That said, sorry you had issues, hopefully they'll get resolved soon. Welcome.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

nrau
Toucan
Toucan

06 Aug 2012, 4:23 am

India? That's in China, right?

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2012, 4:35 am

nrau wrote:

No, India is India. China is China, and Tibet is currently occupied by China, albeit unwillingly. Congratulations, you're stupid in three countries.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

nrau
Toucan
Toucan

06 Aug 2012, 5:35 am

Roxas_XIII wrote:
nrau wrote:

No, India is India. China is China, and Tibet is currently occupied by China, albeit unwillingly. Congratulations, you're stupid in three countries.

stop trolling
Tibet is a mountain

ElvishAspie
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Aug 2012, 5:59 am

thanks for the welcome. :-)

I think the India in China comment was a joke? I am working on identifying humor. If it wasn't then ummm... no...China is nearby...we get all our crappy appliances manufactured there...

still having problems with stuff vanishing. I will try to get someone with tech skills to take a look. I don't have problems like this on any other site. strange. I think machines are allergic to me. :-P

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2012, 6:49 am

nrau wrote:
Roxas_XIII wrote:
nrau wrote:

stop trolling
Tibet is a mountain

How do NTs do that?

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2012, 4:42 pm

nrau wrote:
Roxas_XIII wrote:
nrau wrote:

stop trolling
Tibet is a mountain

Ok, first of all, learn to recognize the difference between teasing someone and trolling someone. My comment above was meant in jest. Everyone else here who knows me will tell you that when I all of the sudden insult someone like that, I'm not doing it to be mean, just for the lulz.

Second of all... *facepalmheaddesk* joke or not you just proved my point :lmao:

yankeedoodads
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Aug 2012, 4:50 pm

For the record, I found the word puzzle hard to read. It took me several tries. (This might be due to my poor eyes. Just thought I would mention it though.)

nrau
Toucan
Toucan

06 Aug 2012, 5:41 pm

Roxas_XIII wrote:
nrau wrote:
Roxas_XIII wrote:
nrau wrote:

stop trolling
Tibet is a mountain

Ok, first of all, learn to recognize the difference between teasing someone and trolling someone. My comment above was meant in jest. Everyone else here who knows me will tell you that when I all of the sudden insult someone like that, I'm not doing it to be mean, just for the lulz.

Second of all... *facepalmheaddesk* joke or not you just proved my point :lmao:

oh my oh my
I knew you were joking. I just kept playing along. It's nice to pretend to be someone awfully ignorant, helps you relive stress and such

ElvishAspie
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Aug 2012, 6:27 pm

well you guys are better at understanding humor than I am. :-P I really wasn't sure if any of it was a joke or for real. People do ask funny questions about India though so I try not to jump to conclusions. I was once asked if I lived in a cave and worshipped rats. I'm fairly certain it was not a joke.

I used to insult or tease people I liked jokingly but I offended a number of people. Perhaps my delivery was off. Hmmm... Now I just insult my brother.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

06 Aug 2012, 6:30 pm

:lol:

A belated welcome to you. :P

Curiotical
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2012, 12:20 pm

yankeedoodads wrote:
For the record, I found the word puzzle hard to read. It took me several tries. (This might be due to my poor eyes. Just thought I would mention it though.)

I could read it perfectly well, but for the benefit of those with fairly limited internet experience, the site should specify whether or not spacing and capitalization are important. I had to repeat the registration process five times.