PS3 fighting games VS xbox fighting games.

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

transformingcar
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2012, 9:53 am

on which console or contollers make fighting game commands easier?
also, which console has the better fighting games?

my buddy has Tekken and WWE12 on Xbox. I wasn't so impressed with wwe12, but I do like Tekken alot.
on my ps3, I have several fighting games, probally the best in my opinion, are SoulCaliberV and Marvel VS Capcom.
but, whats your favorite? probally the thing I like best, is the many different characters in these games, if the game has a character creator, then thats even better! although... I hated DragonballZ on the ps3, but I loved the game on ps2.

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2012, 12:30 pm

Strangely I felt the urge to play Tekken 5 after seeing this, cheers. :lol:

Anyway I find that it's down to preference of controller and the person.
For example, I found that Super Smash Bros. Melee was not as challenging as I thought... in terms of trying to combo.

www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."

Rebel_Nowe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2012, 5:18 pm

The symmetry of the PS3 remote seems like it would definitely give the PS3 the edge. They also have better joysticks for those sliding inputs.

I personally can't use xbox remotes at all. I have dysgraphia, and the shape of xbox remotes makes my hands cramp up terribly.

ZpykeEboto
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Aug 2012, 2:51 am

I haven't played many fighting games on the 360 at all... however, I know the d-pad is crap, and the analog stick is touchy at best for input, making you duck or jump spastically without really, really practicing with the controllers. I've heard many of my friends complain about it, and using the controller on my computer is the only experience I have but it kind of shows the same problems.

And yeah, Idk about the PS3, but DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi was horrible on the Wii. Either get the PS2 version and go without the extra content, or make sure and have a classic controller pro with your Wii.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2012, 3:24 am

All the current gen fighting games I know of that are currently out, are multiplat, other than Tekken Hybrid, which was really just an HD port of Tekken Tag, and a demo of Tekken Tag 2, as well as a silly cg movie. Otherwise, Tekken 6, and the upcoming Tekken Tag 2 are both playable on the xbox 360, though Dualshock series controllers are the only authentic way to play Tekken on a console, since it'll be the same as playing the ps1 and ps2 Tekken games, not only in terms of controller layout, but also in controller size, and dimensions. Of course, it depends how big of a Tekken fan you are. If you're a casual fan, authenticity or lack thereof won't make a difference. With other series, it really comes down to which console you prefer. I don't care for the 360's d-pad though, and I tend to use the d-pad for 2d fighting games, or fighting games like Tekken, where movement is mostly left and right.

To be honest, I'm not the best one to ask about fighting games. I'm usually more into other genres, but I'm quite fond of Tekken, and I occasionally try other fighting games. I did pre-order my copy of Persona 4 Arena, though it was backlogged till I finally beat Persona 4. It's the latest fighting game, and if you're fond of Persona 4, or the Persona series in general, I'm sure it's awesome(and it's available on both systems). Playstation Allstars Battle Royale will be coming to the ps3(and I think the Vita), so that will be another ps exclusive fighting game.

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2012, 3:36 am

Leaning toward ps3, because it has the best regular controller but if you're serious about fighting games at all you should invest in an arcade stick. The 360 controler is all sorts of bad and I'm just biased toward ps3 and yeah there's Personal 4:Arena coming out.

transformingcar wrote:
on which console or contollers make fighting game commands easier?
also, which console has the better fighting games?

my buddy has Tekken and WWE12 on Xbox. I wasn't so impressed with wwe12, but I do like Tekken alot.
on my ps3, I have several fighting games, probally the best in my opinion, are SoulCaliberV and Marvel VS Capcom.
but, whats your favorite? probally the thing I like best, is the many different characters in these games, if the game has a character creator, then thats even better! although... I hated DragonballZ on the ps3, but I loved the game on ps2.

My favorite fighting games would probably be Xmen Children of the Atom, Darkstalkers and the Samurai Showdown series The puzzle fighter games don't count I assume? I was really impressed by the new Mortal Kombat game too, it was really good.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2012, 3:48 pm

I hate having to learn new playing styles and new moves and stuff, and most fighters are very similar, so I usually just stick with the Street Fighter series.

But I also like SoulCalibur a lot (the first one, haven't gotten bored of it enough to move on to the sequels yet), and I thought the Dead or Alive games had a lot of cool ideas (and visuals), though it gets a bit too technical for me sometimes.

NeueZiel wrote:
...if you're serious about fighting games at all you should invest in an arcade stick.

Or at least a fighter pad, the six-button Genesis controller was great.

I've got a terrible MadCatz controller for the Dreamcast that I'm thinking about turning into an arcade stick.

Heck, I'd love to try something I saw before where he made the arcade controller modular, so it had a DB-25 on the end, and he put DB-25s (of the opposing gender) on different consoles' controllers so he could plug it into different systems.

BrokenEnvoke
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Aug 2012, 3:59 am

I could never play with a controller properly.

My thumb just couldn't do an uppercut move to the left most of the time.

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2012, 1:04 pm

PS3 definitely, as someone said earlier the controller symmetry helps it greatly.

I have noticed I don't find most fighting games to feel intuitive though. Only Soul Calibur, Super Smash bros and Playstation Allstars do.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

27 Aug 2012, 10:26 pm

I buy my fighting games on PS3 if I can. Case in point: I just bought Persona 4 Arena on PS3.

saraip
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Aug 2012, 11:27 am

I find the PS3 controllers really bulky actually - I own a Kinect-ready 360 (though I've never used a Kinect) and I play some Soul Calibur regularly. Combat/fighting games are more fun on a console - I grew up playing PC first person shooters (and a little strategy). I owned a PS2 and I really enjoyed using those controllers - but currently I do like the 360 controllers more.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2012, 11:28 pm

As someone that plays fighting games ALOT, I stick with the PS3. This being because the controller isnt a complete nightmare. Seriously, that 360 controller..... absolutely loathe it. The dpad is a joke.

I dont use sticks because they just slow me down, and I have no problems with precision on a controller anyway, so the PS3 has the controller I prefer to use.