Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Carnival
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Aug 2012, 1:45 pm

Hello i'm new i was told by someone that has Aspergers that he thinks i have it before i was diagnosed with Social anxiety so i dont like being around people at all, i'm a recluse, i hate people touching me, i have an obsession with a fictional character and ninjas that i've had for about 14 years now, i have the same routine bascially everyday and i dont like when someone comes in my room i just like to be alone i have no friends and dont want any. I hated going to school when i was a kid i quit early, also when i'm out i think i walk weird, and i find it very hard to look at someone for more then a few seconds, i'm awkward around my own family, and i never talk. Probably a few other things i can add later if you want. But does this sound like Aspergers? I realy dont know much about it.

SilkySifaka
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2012, 2:02 pm

It certainly could be Aspergers - a lot of the traits you have described are typical of someone with an ASD (autistic spectrum disorder) such as the obsessions, and the dislike of physical contact.

The only person who could tell you for sure is a qualified professional. Do you still see a psychiatrist about your Social Anxiety Disorder? If so perhaps you could mention your thoughts to him or her. If you do a little research into Aspergers (on WP or elsewhere online) you will find lists of traits which you could show to your psychiatrist and tell them which ones apply to you.

antifeministfrills
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Aug 2012, 2:03 pm

Why don't you like being around people? If there isn't an anxiety component, you've been misdiagnosed. People with schizoid personality disorder do not desire or enjoy social interaction, but your symptoms of struggling with eye contact and having an intense interest sound more like Aspergers.

Carnival
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Aug 2012, 2:24 pm

SilkySifaka My doctor diagnosed me with social anxiety at 14 now i'm 24, and because i dont like talking i never told him much about myself so i've never talked to anyone else i only learnt of aspergers recently through a social anxiety site and a guy with aspergers said "oh i thought you had aspergers too" when i was talking to him, so i'll do some research.

antifeministfrills I've never liked being around people, it's a mix of both it feels very uncomfortable around them (i've never had a panic attack though) and i just have no desire for interaction with them i like my own company so i avoid them.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2012, 7:25 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 11:01 pm

Welkome to WP

MickImage

Om Nom 2024