Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2006, 1:36 pm

can't help you on that B.D.

All I can say is, play your cards right.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2006, 8:11 pm

Ragtime wrote:
Gamester wrote:
indeed.

I'm willing to search far and wide.

That is the perfect attitude to have!

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2006, 11:04 pm

well I did sign up for the wrong planet dating site.

but I'm gonna take life as it comes, and if I end up dying single, then I'm gonna have my fun along the way. :twisted:

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2006, 12:43 am

BazzaMcKenzie wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
Well, I just told a girl that I have AS. ... I decided to mention AS, because it saves SO much time ...

Any updates?

She wrote back tonight. Interestingly, we have in fact NOT reached an impasse. :)
She views the feminism disagreement as an invitation to discussion, rather than a parting of ways, so that's really cool. So, we'll see. As for my AS, she actually looked up the article I referred her to, and said it's really interesting, and that she'll read more of it later (it's like 16 pages). So, way cool that she's open-minded about it.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2006, 12:52 am

:D :) :o 8) :lol: :wink:

good for ye mate.

Louise
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Dec 2006, 12:37 pm

Indeed, good good. :)

Just out of curiosity, what _is_ your view of feminism?

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2006, 9:59 am

Louise wrote:
Indeed, good good. :)

Just out of curiosity, what _is_ your view of feminism?

Basically, my view is equality. I'm all for women having the choice to: work, not wear make-up, not have to spend forever on their hair just to impress guys, etc. In other words, there's nothing I can think of that "women need to do", anymore than there are things that "men need to do". It's all about equality. If you say women are better than men, I will have a problem with that; if you say men are better than women, I'll have a problem with that, too. I don't think either gender needs to "prove something" to the other. That just divides.

Louise
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Dec 2006, 11:10 am

Galad to hear it. :)

Now I'm wondering what hers was, though. She actually disagreed with you? :?

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2006, 12:38 pm

Louise wrote:
Galad to hear it. :)

Now I'm wondering what hers was, though. She actually disagreed with you? :?

That's the head-scratcher. She hasn't directly stated the equality view is wrong, but it's clear she views women on a higher plateau, which makes it hard for me to consider dating her, because I'd instantly have a negative in my column just for being male. I've asked her to clarify her views, so we'll see what she says.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2006, 2:23 pm

wait.......you're all for equality and it sounds from where she's coming from that she wants women to be respected and treated fairly. Something the ERA tried to do, but never did, since no one wanted it.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2006, 3:44 pm

Gamester wrote:
wait.......you're all for equality and it sounds from where she's coming from that she wants women to be respected and treated fairly. Something the ERA tried to do, but never did, since no one wanted it.

Don't understand the difference.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2006, 7:31 pm

Oye Vey.

Rags, are you familiar with the Equal Rights Ammendment of the 60's? and what it would of done if it had been implemented, preferably for women?

in simple terms, women's rights and men's rights are antithetic of each other, and feminism is a stronger ideal that many women have a very different opinion on. I can't explain it, but go to Wiki and look it up. that might explain what I'm tryign to say. also look up men's rights as well.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2006, 9:58 am

Gamester wrote:
Oye Vey.

Rags, are you familiar with the Equal Rights Ammendment of the 60's? and what it would of done if it had been implemented, preferably for women?

in simple terms, women's rights and men's rights are antithetic of each other, and feminism is a stronger ideal that many women have a very different opinion on. I can't explain it, but go to Wiki and look it up. that might explain what I'm tryign to say. also look up men's rights as well.

Games, I don't believe in a set of "women's rights" and a set of "men's rights", because those concepts as stated are inherently divisive. Comprimise is the name of the game. If anyone says, in effect, "I have inviolate rights which impinge on yours, so deal with it", that's the wrong attitude. You're right, not everyone can have everything they want simultaneously without interfering with each other, and in those many, many case, mutual comprimise is the solution.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2006, 11:53 pm

Well, we're definitely past the AS issue, and, for the moment, the feminism issue. (She now claims to believe in gender eqality, as I do.). So I guess this effectively completes this thread.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2006, 2:37 am

yah? I think.