Any Magic: The gathering fans here?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Absolute_Zero
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2005, 10:41 am

I used to play from 1993-1996 but veered away after the game got too blown out of proportion. The eventual popularity of MTG doomed it I think. The expansions just watered it down. At first in the mid 90's alot of Expansions did the game good. Then after that it went downhill and just took on more obscure rules and whatnot. I know alot of people got addicted to the game and built up endless amounts of cards. I still have over 1000 cards shelved but I know some people that had 7000+!

codeman38
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Mar 2005, 1:00 pm

I've tried getting into the game recently-- never really discovered it until a couple years ago-- but as it currently stands, what with all the expansions and different versions, there are just too many cards and rules for me to easily keep track of! I probably wouldn't have minded it back when it was a bit less complex, and even now don't mind an occasional game where I've seen all the cards being used in advance, so I know what each card does without having to squint across the table...

Rakkety_Tamm
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2005, 7:26 pm

complex? I've I've been playing for four years, and I don't find it complex at all. I'm the number one ranked player out of around sixty in my school league with my zombie deck.