Sexless relationship v/s sex offers.

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2012, 10:31 am

This is simply a rant thread.

Why do they pick bad timings in showing interest? 20

I realized all along that committing any relationship with her (the one I am dating) would lead to a ....sexless relationship (extremely sexless - even minimum physical contact) as long long it is before marriage. I've been sexless virgin all my life so I realized it won't make any difference except having meaningful companionship which is as important and a huge plus in life, I preferred to have a meaningful sexless relationship instead of staying sexless single and having nothing - I admit tho I'd prefer it if sex or at least, or even some willingness of physical affection, was there in the formula.

But now after officially dating someone compatible in many ways (except her being devout religious while me totally unbeliever), I am getting sex offers from two attractive girls I knew earlier, calling me one phone and talking naughty stuff to me and wanting me badly (in physical way too) .....

WTF, where do they come from all the sudden??

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2012, 10:39 am

I am gonna sound extremely shallow and arrogant, but a rapid one-night-stand followed by an instant contact-break is still way better than a half-a-year lasting sexless "relationship" will ever be.

At least for some men.

Mack27
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Aug 2012, 10:41 am

This happened to me too. Two women I pursued fruitlessly are showing interest now that I'm "with" another woman. I tried looking at it as if I have higher value to them somehow now that I'm not pursuing them, but I couldn't quite work it out so I just decided that most women are nuts.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2012, 11:00 am

It's for the same reason that people with good jobs get better job offers than unemployed people. Being a boyfriend is proof that you know how to be a boyfriend. Your girlfriend is like a good job reference.

SabreToothBadger
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Aug 2012, 11:25 am

What if you were in a meaningless relationship? Would one still end up attracting other people?

Lucywlf
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Aug 2012, 11:45 am

It's a power trip. They think you're like every other man: shallow to the point of taking a better-looking potential partner rather than the person you have now. Believe me, if you ended your current relationship, these girls would act once again like you don't exist.

I bet they 're secretly wondering how she can find someone to be happy with while they can't. If they want to know why they can't, they should pay close attention to the way they're acting right now.

MacDragard
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2012, 2:06 pm

Women want what they can't have.

SabreToothBadger
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Aug 2012, 2:08 pm

People want what they can't have.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2012, 4:46 pm

Janissy wrote:
It's for the same reason that people with good jobs get better job offers than unemployed people. Being a boyfriend is proof that you know how to be a boyfriend. Your girlfriend is like a good job reference.

30 years - let's say 15 years (teenage + adulthood), 15 years with almost zero sexual interest from women and now....this.

The ultimate irony.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2012, 4:49 pm

Lucywlf wrote:
It's a power trip. They think you're like every other man: shallow to the point of taking a better-looking potential partner rather than the person you have now. Believe me, if you ended your current relationship, these girls would act once again like you don't exist.

I bet they 're secretly wondering how she can find someone to be happy with while they can't. If they want to know why they can't, they should pay close attention to the way they're acting right now.

One of them doesn't know about my relationship (whoa! This word is SO alien to me, still can't get used to it LOL), I think.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2012, 5:52 pm

I am starting to believe I am farting some pheromones lately....

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2012, 6:30 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I am starting to believe I am farting some pheromones lately....

You wouldn't be that far off.
Maybe because whatever you did to improve your dating life and get female attention is still working, even though you're already in a relationship. You probably feel more confident with yourself now, which is also attractive. Also, life can be a bit of a joker sometimes :lol:.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 8:12 pm

Well, Boo. I'd say get it out of your system then settle down afterwards. If you have practice I'm sure your future GF will appreciate it ;) if you hold off because you think you will get somewhere with your first proper GF and you fall flat in the bedroom it might go sour anyway and create a vicious cycle of low self esteem. I'd normally give the opposite advice of stay with the girl, but knowing your background I'd advise you to enjoy this newfound mojo, get some practice in and then think about dating this girl again. If she really likes you she will still hook up with you in the future if she hasn't moved on.

Jus sayin' :)

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 9:17 pm

Human nature is to want what you can't have. Women can be really bad about it. If you were to become single again, they would prob disappear into the word work.

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 10:59 pm

There are times when people are just "on". Maybe your social stock is up as mentined above or maybe it's the image and attitude you are projecting. Maybe they detect that you are happy. There is certainly some truth to the saying, "when it rains it pours". Enjoy it. Famine will come again.

Rocky
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2012, 3:38 am

Maybe this situation shows that you under-estimated your ability to attract women. Would your current girlfriend (the one who doesn't show physical affection) behave differently if she knew about the women who are offering you what she will not? I realize that telling her could have unfortunate consequences.

I am not advising anything. Only asking questions.