Do most 40 year olds look like this.

Page 1 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 3:02 pm

Do most 40 year olds look like this.I am finding it shocking that woman my age are looking like this.
I have been clueless until a year or two ago what people my age looked like. I didn't know that many went gray
and used hair dye. I keep on thinking about this since I found out the age of a work collogue is 39 and I guessed
her age around 46 ,and the numerous dating profiles I see on plentyoffish.com . I guess I must be the majority of
men my age who go for woman much younger. I guess I am technically upping my expectation as I am getting older.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 3:04 pm

In America they look worse.

*runs*

mv
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 3:08 pm

It's largely genetic, how someone looks. I'd put that woman's age at 50 (with good genes) and at 40 (with not as good genes).

BTW: There are no "good" genes as to how you look, I'm using "good" as a proxy for "younglooking", in keeping with your question.

I'm 44, I don't have as many lines as she does, but then my ethnic heritage is different from hers. I started going gray at 26. My natural hair color is now salt and pepper, so I dye it.

Additionally, I find that different ethnic heritages "age" differently. Many times, to me, Black women seem to change the least, with respect to age. Blonde Caucasian women seem to change the most in appearance, with respect to age. Diet and personal habits (smoking, exercise, sun exposure) play a large part, too, as does where someone is in their natural hormonal course (premenopause v. menopausal).

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 3:19 pm

When I go to the lock & key/speed dating advents I can assume now that there
isn't many woman my age there. I couldn't imagine moving up to the next
age category. 36-55

http://www.speeddater.co.uk/spd_search.categories.php?CatID=441

comatt1
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Aug 2012, 3:42 pm

mv wrote:
It's largely genetic, how someone looks. I'd put that woman's age at 50 (with good genes) and at 40 (with not as good genes).

BTW: There are no "good" genes as to how you look, I'm using "good" as a proxy for "younglooking", in keeping with your question.

I'm 44, I don't have as many lines as she does, but then my ethnic heritage is different from hers. I started going gray at 26. My natural hair color is now salt and pepper, so I dye it.

Additionally, I find that different ethnic heritages "age" differently. Many times, to me, Black women seem to change the least, with respect to age. Blonde Caucasian women seem to change the most in appearance, with respect to age. Diet and personal habits (smoking, exercise, sun exposure) play a large part, too, as does where someone is in their natural hormonal course (premenopause v. menopausal).

In regards to your racial statement I would have to agree, I have guessed the age of African American Women, and been 15 years under her actual age. She was almost 50 and I guessed mid-30s (I was being matter of fact and not joking while I answered too) I made her show an ID, I refused to believe her.

RICKY5
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 3:51 pm

Lot of it boils down to how/if they take care of themselves.

White girls tend to age harder than east asian girls.

RICKY5
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 3:52 pm

1000Knives wrote:
In America they look worse.

*runs*

Totally true. Obesity crisis is a bastard.

Rocky
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 3:53 pm

comatt1 wrote:
mv wrote:

In regards to your racial statement I would have to agree, I have guessed the age of African American Women, and been 15 years under her actual age. She was almost 50 and I guessed mid-30s (I was being matter of fact and not joking while I answered too) I made her show an ID, I refused to believe her.

Maybe the extra melanin in their skin acts to reduce the effect of the sun to help explain this.

DaBeef2112
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Aug 2012, 3:56 pm

Actually I do agree blacks seem to look younger than their real age but I find Asians look even more so. I've meet late 30s Asians that looked like teenagers. However it seems to catch up with them in there sixties and they rappidly start looking way older than they are.

Also us autistics look younger. I have many autistics in my family (mostly undiagnosed unaware with a few of us that have been diagnosed) and nearly all of us are aging very well. Asside from the gray in my hair no one guesses my age correctly. My parents are in there mid-sixties and look a decade younger both are likely on the spectrum.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 42 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie
AQ = 41 EQ = 9

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 4:08 pm

i am 40. if we are going to post photos of how women at age 40 supposedly "look", perhaps we should look at real life specimens. this me with no makeup and no photoshop (you can even see a pimple for proof).

[img]meh,%20why%20bother[/img]

we all look different, depending on so many factors.

Last edited by hyperlexian on 21 Aug 2012, 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 4:50 pm

Aspie_Chav wrote:

Do most 40 year olds look like this.I am finding it shocking that woman my age are looking like this.
I have been clueless until a year or two ago what people my age looked like. I didn't know that many went gray
and used hair dye. I keep on thinking about this since I found out the age of a work collogue is 39 and I guessed
her age around 46 ,and the numerous dating profiles I see on plentyoffish.com . I guess I must be the majority of
men my age who go for woman much younger. I guess I am technically upping my expectation as I am getting older.
fuark dude this is making me depressed. at 23 almost I still have yet to find a gf lol and i only hope to find one by 30..but seeing your thread I can only imagine what my 30 yr old gf would look like if im LUCKY enough to get one LOL.

Your Aspie score: 101 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 111 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 4:57 pm

How you age depends a lot on your lifestyle. I've seen women who are in their 40's and show very little signs of aging--likewise, I've seen 20 year old girls who are aging rapidly. The latter tends to eat very unhealthy, be overweight and show general disregard for her own appearance.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 5:06 pm

I feel this directly... I'm going 39 and it seems like the gals my age either look 60 and made of old leather, or are obese to the extreme. [sigh]

I'm no perfect 10, don't get me wrong... but I don't feel like I look "old"... and I find it hard to be attracted to someone who has aged VERY poorly.
(And no, I'm not attracted to 18-year-old girlies either...) ;)

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 5:15 pm

I figure I'm going to look about 30 when I'm 40, because I have looked like I'm in my early 20s for a while now. I usually guess my age-matched peers to be a few years older than me, because I suppose I assume they would look like me, but they don't.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 5:23 pm

You have to only run cold water over your face/head in the shower. Cold water is great for anti-aging.

I bet that lady in the OPs photo runs hot water over her head everyday in the shower. lol

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 5:37 pm

Venger wrote:
You have to only run cold water over your face/head in the shower. Cold water is great for anti-aging.

I bet that lady in the OPs photo runs hot water over her head everyday in the shower. lol

Or possibly a heavy smoker? Too much sun? I have hot showers and my skin doesn't look like that...