Page 4 of 7 [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

DominictheStampede
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Sep 2012, 6:34 am

The show will be back on Christmas Day 2012 for the Christmas special and then in Spring 2013 with 8 more episodes. I'm not sure when Doctor Who is broadcast in America though, sorry.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2012, 12:07 pm

They Angels are plenty of fun, I liked seeing the couple variations too. And with the big one, it is possible to be inside ana angel right? :P

Pyrite
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2012, 1:18 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
They Angels are plenty of fun, I liked seeing the couple variations too. And with the big one, it is possible to be inside ana angel right? :P

Hence the "babies"? :eew:

Rorberyllium
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2012, 4:14 pm

That was sad. I meant we all knew they were gonna be gone, but it was done so cruelly. One minute everything's okay and the next they're both dead. So It goes.

Rory never even got to say goodbye. And poor Rory's dad, whatever will become of him? Will the Doctor be able to tell him what happened?

LordExiron
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Sep 2012, 5:37 pm

Rorberyllium wrote:
That was sad. I meant we all knew they were gonna be gone, but it was done so cruelly. One minute everything's okay and the next they're both dead. So It goes.

Rory never even got to say goodbye. And poor Rory's dad, whatever will become of him? Will the Doctor be able to tell him what happened?

Seriously. What if they didn't even get transported into the same room? Then they have to spend fifty-ish years in solitary confinement. Although, I guess Amy already did it once for not quite that long in that one episode.

GreyGirl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2012, 2:07 pm

Wouldn't the paradox that Rory and Amy made ensure that the "angels hotel" didn't exist any more? The angels were all disappearing in that time line as they returned to the cemetery. I would think the same angel would just zap them back into the same time period. It probably didn't care where they went as long as it got the time energy.

As for Rory's dad, I would think he would be very upset that he would never see Rory or Amy again. The fact that they did live long lives and were happy would give him some solace. The Doctor could prove that they were o.k. with the pages of the book and the tombstone.

I actually could see Rory's dad in another episode somewhere. He really seemed to enjoy the Doctor's company.

My problem with the episode was that the statue of liberty was an angel. I thought that angels were living stone. The statue of liberty is hollow. A steel structure with a copper skin.

"Freedom of Speech is Not a License to be Stupid"

HereBeDragons
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2012, 4:37 pm

What about Rory's Dad crossed my mind too.

The paradox canceled out the solitary confinement thing. The surviving angel just zapped them back in time like they normally do.

Reason I am certain they aren't in solitary confinement: Amy created the book with a typewriter. There was no typewriter in the room where they kept Rory. Also, who would have taken it to a publisher if they were confined?

holdonyoungster
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Oct 2012, 6:23 pm

There were loads of things that I thought were great "parallels" (i refuse to consider them rip-offs) of the RTD era that I loved in Angels Take Manhattan, Amy & Rory's separation from The Doctor brought back memories of Rose, and just what's implied re: Rory's father and what will happen when The Doctor tells him of their fate was very Wilfred Mott esque.

Overall, this whole first half of the season felt very very anticlimatic. I miss these large complex storylines that played out in Classic Who & some seasons of New Who. Though I am rather excited for the new companion.

Not sure what the point of this post is, but Doctor Who is usually my best jumping point into any sort of social situation, so, yes.

GreyGirl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 9:07 pm

How recently have the seasons been divided up into summer and winter? I was wondering if that's part of why the story lines are less complex.

"Freedom of Speech is Not a License to be Stupid"

DominictheStampede
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2012, 4:19 am

There is a reason Amy knew she would go to the same place and time. The angels had built that hotel to exist in that particular place in space and time and was where they sent all of their captives. 1939 was a terminus point for it too as this is where all of their captives died. Remember that they had shifted Rory in space, but kept him in the same time. This is because it is where they needed him to be in time and space in order to seal his doom. In the end though, they did manage to change history. in the original timeline, Rory died alone and had not seen Amy for forty or fifty years. In the altered timeline, they lived together as the angel's prisoners and thus were happy.

As far as Rory's dad goes, I could see him as possibly being one of the Doctor's new companions. He has nothing else to do and it would keep him from being lonely.

HereBeDragons
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2012, 3:39 pm

I agree with you, save one thing. The altered timeline meant that the angel farm never existed. They are not prisoners of the angels.

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2012, 3:53 am

HereBeDragons wrote:
I agree with you, save one thing. The altered timeline meant that the angel farm never existed. They are not prisoners of the angels.

It's an interesting point, but is it really true? If they had fixed things, would they not have destroyed all of the angels throughout time? After all, the purpose of the hotel was to be used as a farm so that they could feed off the lifeforce of their human cattle. Thus, the angel in the graveyard would not have existed, yet it did. It's really not explained all that cleanly except that it is a matter of fate that the Doctor could not change.

HereBeDragons
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 3:43 pm

It reminds me a bit of another episode whose name escapes me: The one where they towed Earth home in the Tardis. The Stolen Earth? All the Daleks were supposedly destroyed. Then, in the 11th Doctor's first episode with Daleks (which again, the episode name escapes me just now), three Daleks somehow survived.
I'm sure someone will point out how they escaped, I'm just saying it sounds awfully familier with the recent angels story.
I wish the writers would be more specific on some of this stuff.

DominictheStampede
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Oct 2012, 10:47 am

Hey everyone, check out this video. It's a scene that was never shot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWU6XL9x ... g-logo-xit

:cry:

HereBeDragons
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2012, 3:15 pm

That's lovely! I'm so glad Rory's dad won't be wondering forever! I'm also happy to see that Rory and Amy adopted! They have got to put this on the special features for the 7 season DVDs! Wow! Look at all my exclamation points! :!: :D