Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 3:46 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Roman wrote:
I just feel that the quality of genuine is the only fair one, while other qualities such as "alpha male" are unfair.

there is no such thing as "fair" in choosing a mate. everyone has aspects of their choices that could be considered "unfair" by the people who are rejected.

there are multiple factors involved in attraction. even if a potential mate checks off all the boxes, the spark may not be present and therefore a person will be rejected. or the spark may be present when all the boxes aren't ticked so dating ensues. attraction is a strange animal.

i think the focus on alpha males is a red herring. if you look at a group of never-marrieds or older virgins, you will not see many personality traits that are universal to them all. they aren't all shy or reticent or nice or unconfident or friendly etc. so trying to label them as a group (omega or whatever) according to their lack of success will not yield any useful data. some of them are sweet and kind, yet others display angry jerkish bad-boy behaviour.

And many guys who are insecure will label other guys "alpha males" if those guys have qualities that they don't, even if the guy isn't a textbook "alpha".

I guess I could have said that it wasn't fair that guys wanted pretty girls with big boobs when I was young and single, huh? ;-)

hahaha i used to think he exact same thing when i was younger! i was not correct, but i was so busy thinking that i wasn't attractive enough that i ended up pushing away potential partners.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 3:56 pm

What gets me is though, guys who whine about it when women want guys with qualities they don't have or don't want guys with qualities they do have. Like we are all evil because some women don't want them.

Everybody has different tastes and if you keep trying, eventually you find somebody who wants you, although you may not want them.

It just gets me when people whine because they feel they are entitled to a gf, when nobody is entitled to any romantic partner, ever.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 5:13 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
What gets me is though, guys who whine about it when women want guys with qualities they don't have or don't want guys with qualities they do have. Like we are all evil because some women don't want them.

Everybody has different tastes and if you keep trying, eventually you find somebody who wants you, although you may not want them.

It just gets me when people whine because they feel they are entitled to a gf, when nobody is entitled to any romantic partner, ever.

I think we have discussed the entitlement issues on this forum plenty of times. It seems that the more youthful the aspie, (I may be wrong) or the nice guy is, the more he feels entitled to a gf. It seems the older we get, the less we care to even bother trying anymore.

Going on about the girl being harassed, I have met plenty of girls that have been harassed before by men and I would see if they could handle it themselves before stepping in. Some girls are stronger willed than you might believe.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 5:49 pm

John Lyly wrote:

The rules of fair play do not apply in love and war.

CrazyStarlightRedux
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 9:40 am

OliveOilMom wrote:

Pretty much this.

Although it'd help to get out of the house now and again for the Agoraphobics. :(

fs
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Aug 2012, 6:31 pm

Shau wrote:
Ok, a further look into the forums, and I have changed my mind dramatically: These guys are all a bunch of nutjobs, and very recently, religious ones.

http://www.mikraite.org/

That's my site. I'd be interested to know why I am a nutjob. If you read the post "Mikraite Skepticism", you will see that I don't believe in a supernatural God. What I do know from history is that religion seems to be the only successful means of getting people to cooperate. The "Human Evolution" post explains how societies disintegrate without religion. Of course we can't have a meaningful discussion here since this forum is heavily censored, as all liberal forums are, so you may want to post to the Mikraite or CoAlpha forum and I would be happy to answer your concerns.

Shau
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 8:07 pm

fs wrote:
That's my site. I'd be interested to know why I am a nutjob. If you read the post "Mikraite Skepticism", you will see that I don't believe in a supernatural God. What I do know from history is that religion seems to be the only successful means of getting people to cooperate. The "Human Evolution" post explains how societies disintegrate without religion. Of course we can't have a meaningful discussion here since this forum is heavily censored, as all liberal forums are, so you may want to post to the Mikraite or CoAlpha forum and I would be happy to answer your concerns.

Oh boy, fun times!

I couldn't care less whether you believed in the Flying Spaghetti monster or not. The Bible is a poor document for many reasons, its ridiculous supernatural claims being only one of them. One brief look into your beloved Old Testament makes it plainly obvious that it's a horrible and very outdated philosophical system that is stuffed to the brim with ret*d concepts, such as not being allowed to work on Sunday, wear clothing made out of two types of fiber, or pursue homosexual relationships.

Honestly? If you think that it takes religion to get people to cooperate, why not create your own? And get rid of all the dumb crap?

Now, when I inevitably get bored at some point later on in the day or week, I'll take you up on that offer, it always pays to keep one's debating skills and knowledge sharp and ready. I'll use the same username as here, so you'll know me, and I'll be posting on the Mikraite forum.

Last edited by Shau on 28 Aug 2012, 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fs
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Aug 2012, 8:15 pm

Shau wrote:
I'll use the same username as here, so you'll know me, and I'll be posting on the Mikraite forum.

Please post to the CoAlpha forum instead. The Mikraite forum is for people who like the Old Testament, not for open debate. CoAlpha allows free speech.

Shau
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 8:19 pm

fs wrote:
Shau wrote:
I'll use the same username as here, so you'll know me, and I'll be posting on the Mikraite forum.

Please post to the CoAlpha forum instead. The Mikraite forum is for people who like the Old Testament, not for open debate. CoAlpha allows free speech.

Yea, that sounds dodgy as f**k, mate. Not exactly rhetorically empowering, is it? But whatever, your call.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 11:19 pm

fs wrote:
Shau wrote:

your site is a little light on the science, a little heavy on the speculation

fs
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Aug 2012, 11:24 pm

hyperlexian wrote:

You can say this here where I am not free to defend myself due to liberal censorship. If you want to discuss your view openly, you can post to the CoAlpha forum.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 11:29 pm

fs wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

You can say this here where I am not free to defend myself due to liberal censorship. If you want to discuss your view openly, you can post to the CoAlpha forum.

"liberal censorship"? that's a laugh. no, i am not interested in your site. i read the "What is Coalpha" post and that was enough to give me a giggle fit.

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 11:46 pm

What liberal censorship?

Is it the prohibition against swearing you take issue with? Or the one against nudity? Or the one against personal attacks?

'Cause those are, as far as I know, the only things not allowed here.

If you're dependent on one of those to get your point across, maybe your position isn't as strong as you think.

Or are you only willing to discuss it in a forum full of people who already agree with you?

And it feels pretty soft to me. 

Modest Mouse - The View

fs
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Aug 2012, 11:54 pm

mds_02 wrote:
What liberal censorship?

Is it the prohibition against swearing you take issue with? Or the one against nudity? Or the one against personal attacks?

If you're dependent on one of those to get your point across, maybe your position isn't as strong as you think.

Or are you only willing to discuss it in a forum full of people who already agree with you?

What a joke! I have been censored here before and I have been censored on every liberal forum that I have ever posted to for expressing politically incorrect ideas. Liberals absolutely cannot tolerate non-liberal ideas.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 11:56 pm

mds_02 wrote:
What liberal censorship?

Unfortunately, religion-bashing appears to be fully sanctioned around here.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2012, 12:01 am

fs wrote:
mds_02 wrote:
What liberal censorship?

What a joke! I have been censored here before and I have been censored on every liberal forum that I have ever posted to for expressing politically incorrect ideas. Liberals absolutely cannot tolerate non-liberal ideas.

it's not about political correctness, it's about being respectful and following the rules. 65,950 people don't have a big issue with that, and a small handful of people do. if you fall in the latter group, then you definitely won't find a happy home on WrongPlanet. but enough of you schilling your site on here. let's allow the thread to go back on track.