Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 7:51 am

In the sense that you don't really do much in your actual life, but feel like your mind is vast and colorful and you'd rather live completely in thoughts.

Underscore
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 10:30 am

Yup. I do. But I have done too much with my brain, I need to be overwhelmed by the physical world again.

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 10:47 am

Sometimes...

mljt
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Aug 2012, 11:18 am

I wouldn't describe my mind like that, but I do spend a lot of time thinking. I think I talk more in my head than I do outside of it which is intensely annoying. I like doing things and keeping active and concentrating, because it means I don't have to think too much. When I'm in the bath or on public transport, I get annoyed with being in my head too much.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 11:20 am

I live almost exclusively in my head; lost in thoughts and exploring various ideas and patterns. It is almost a surprise that I have a body or a face when I stumble upon them in a mirror. I'm virtually a disembodied being.

MirrorWars
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 1:04 pm

I live in my head almost exclusively.

Though I am thinking of installing a ladder to go from my ear to the ground. Just so I can get out a bit more often.

Casstranquility
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Aug 2012, 2:12 pm

I do tend to think more than I act. I wouldn't know what else to do with myself, the world outside of my mind doesn't interest me often or it puts too much stress on me. I hope to find a balance between my outer and inner lives because getting lost inside my head hasn't proved very helpful for me in trying to have some semblance of a life involving others. It's easier for me to stay in my safety zone, with my fantasies and fascinations, with my deep thoughts and crazy ideas, but I'd never leave the apartment and I'd get restless. A few years ago I would have agreed wholeheartedly. I was a kind of hermit and I loved my inner landscape. But even now, I never want to lose the world inside my head.

Let us comfort each other, and move tenderly when we are able. Let us hold hands and walk bravely, or fearfully together; for as long as there is Love, there is Hope, that everything will be okay, including the things we say are not.

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 2:38 pm

It's probably about 50/50 for me. While I do spend an inordinate amount of time in bed on the computer researching things, I do have other things that need doing and so I have to get out in the real world and deal with them. Right now I am forcing myself to finish many of the projects I have started over the years so that I can move on with my life in a more orderly fashion when they are done. I can't do that living in my head all day, but I do have a very active thought life when doing what needs doing.

Skeptical_Mario
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Aug 2012, 2:42 pm

Absolutely. Every so often while I was growing up, I would suddenly be surprised by the realization that I am a person living in the world just like anyone else.

I like to just exist and think to myself. I probably wouldn't mind being a ghost.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 2:43 pm

Yes, and sometimes it makes me feel like I'm going crazy.

Logicalmom
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 3:20 pm

Yup - I am told I need 'balance' - but I don't feel balanced if I don't get the time I need in my head. I am on a career track where this is not only useful, but necessary - so, I can be me.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 3:24 pm

Most of the parts of my life that I enjoy are in my head. If I had enough money, I could actually do some of the things that I can only do in my mind, but for now I have to sit around at home watching TV until I fall asleep.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 3:42 pm

Sanctus wrote:
In the sense that you don't really do much in your actual life, but feel like your mind is vast and colorful and you'd rather live completely in thoughts.

The word autism is derived from "autos" and "ismos", meaning "self" and "state of being" (not a Greek car brand). Makes sense that you'd live in your head.

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 5:24 pm

I live in my head a lot....but I think I lived in it a lot more when I was a kid then I do now. Somehow it's become much easier for the the real world and its inhabitants to invade and interfere as I've gotten older. :(

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

analyser23
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Aug 2012, 7:56 pm

TallyMan wrote:
I live almost exclusively in my head; lost in thoughts and exploring various ideas and patterns. It is almost a surprise that I have a body or a face when I stumble upon them in a mirror. I'm virtually a disembodied being.

I feel like this ^^^^ most of the time too. I live in my head, not in my body. I sometimes wonder if that is why I don't display enough body language/facial expression. It is like I "leave my body and face" and spend most of my time deep inside my head. I can get into my body, it just takes some effort + needs enough motivation.
If people compliment me on my looks, I find that odd because I feel so disconnected from it all.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 9:20 pm

Rascal77s wrote:
Sanctus wrote:

The word autism is derived from "autos" and "ismos", meaning "self" and "state of being" (not a Greek car brand). Makes sense that you'd live in your head.

Yes I was going to say that ......and it was given this name to indicate a notion of "profound self absorption" so I'm sure a lot of people on this site can relate to always living in their own head.....I sure can. :)