Page 4 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

psayles56
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Nov 2011, 5:57 pm

SpaceCase wrote:
I was wondering if you girls wore makeup at all,did your nails,or dressed a certain way.

I've once read on WP a while back,that the women didn't like nail polish because it felt funny and they liked to keep their nails short.Also,something that they couldn't stand make-up on their face.

I personally like make-up,but my look is kind of natural.I wear nail polish(black,crimson,dark purple,and navy blue mostly),but my nails are short.

As for my clothes,they aren't really a big issue for me as long as the tag isn't uncomfortable,it's TOO tight,or I feel naked.

-SpaceCase

I don't like wearing makeup if I don't have to because I have really long eyelashes and when I wear mascara it bothers my eyes. I just don't like makeup in general. I have never really wore face makeup. Just eye makeup and sometimes a light pink lipstick or chapstick. I don't really like lip gloss because it feels too thick on my lips. I used to get my nails done at a nail salon but I have ripped them off and gotten them done again many times. I don't like them really but I have really gross nails. I bite them and they look really boyish I guess. I don't like nail polish. I have my natural nails now. Very short with no nail polish. That is the way I like them. I don't like when I have gotten fake nails and food and stuff gets underneath them. It is gross. Also, I have a lot of issues with clothes. I always have. When I was little the line on socks always bothered me or the line on pantyhose. I can't really wear jeans anymore because they are very uncomfortable. I hate tags on clothing and I don't like certain materials because they bother my skin. I can't wear things that are too clingy or tight to my stomach because they make me feel really uncomfortable. I mostly like to wear sweat pants (name brand) and a mens style plain shirt. I usually wear these shirts to bed because I can buy them pretty large.

Sorry I wrote so much!

Pokute
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Dec 2011, 2:33 pm

Yeah, cause my mom keeps buying me that stuff, and it'd be inpolite to throw it away.
Only in small quantities though, and I often have days when I have nothing on (by that I mean no _makeup_). People don't even seem to notice the difference haha.
I wear nail polish quite rarely but again, my mom buys me that as presents. Even when I ask her to buy me a video game for, say, my birthday, she often gives me makeup and clothes plus accessories as extras.

She propably just hates the fact that I'm a tomboy.

DarthMaul
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Jan 2012, 12:26 am

rainbow_warrior wrote:
i wear make up but not much and i love painting my nails but im no good at it
clothes tags and ichy materials in clothes drive me mad though!!

I can't wear certain types of school shirts (like the ones without pointy collars) because they itch, and I still can't stand clothes tags.

ardentauthor
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jan 2012, 6:49 am

I wear some makeup. I like to wear light pink eyeshadow and light pink lipgloss. It's not that noticeable, but I think it looks pretty. I like the color when light reflects off my eyelids and I like the way lipgloss feels on my lips. I don't like to wear heavy makeup like most girls do, because a lot of anything (eyeshadow, mascara, etc.) is really distracting and bothers me all day; it feels like my eyes are being weighted down. Plus, I think a lot of it looks a little funny. Some girls look like raccoons and I really don't mean to be rude, but it's so hard not to laugh at them!

I don't like nail polish because my nails are always bitten off, and I don't want people to notice.

I wear a school uniform most of the time, but when I'm not and go out I like to wear pretty shirts and dresses with floral patterns and pastel colors. I also like stripes.

Bibliophile
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Jan 2012, 10:09 pm

Oh, no, not at all. I can't stand the smell of recently applied nail polish or remover even on other people, so I've never tried it. I really dislike the smell of perfume, so there'd be no point in my wearing that. I've never bothered with makeup; I don't really understand the point. Clothes... Well, I hate trying them on, so I hate shopping for them. I can't drive, so I can't get them myself, anyway; the options are going with my mom or having her go by herself; I really prefer the latter. 13 years has been enough time for her to know how not to get anything I absolutely despise, so it works out.
My nails are long not because I think they look much better that way but because I never like going to the trouble of cutting them. It's pretty much the one area where people seem to think lack of attention actually makes me look better. People often ask whether they're my real nails. They always are.

MichaelaB
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Feb 2012, 1:38 pm

No. I've tried wearing it before and it felt unconfortable and irritating. I'm never wearing it again.

Briana_Lopez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Feb 2012, 11:24 am

I can NOT go outside or have anyone see me unless I have makeup on. I usually put on both types of eyeliner, mascara, eye shadow, cover-up, and lip gloss. I fail at putting on nail polish, so I only wear it if I feel like I need a mani/pedi. And for clothes, I can't stand skinny flare because it doesn't go with a lot of my pairs of shoes, so I usually wear skinnies. And my shirts can't be too lose or too tight because I look fat if they're either too big or too small on me. Usually I'll wear a pair of skinnies with a belt (my jeans never really fit right) with a graphic tee and my converse.

sciencefreak222
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Feb 2012, 12:22 pm

I like the emo/goth/heavy metal look so i wear lots of chains and black and red clothes that weigh a lot because lightweight clothes and shoes make me feel awkward. I am not allowed to wear makeup to school except for my black nail polish because i put a lot on so it weighs a lot. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Albirea
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Cannot be determined due to excessive knowledge of momentum

01 Mar 2012, 5:35 pm

I don't bother with makeup. The cocky formal reason: Because it's a waste of time, it damages your skin, it gives other people higher expectations for your looks, and a girl should feel naturally beautiful without makeup. The real reason: I'm too lazy. :lol:

I put on nail polish occasionally, which is only about a few times a year. I hate that nail polish doesn't let your nails "breathe", so my fingertips get even more sweaty than it usually is (which is very sweaty!) and I have to flap my hands because of that.

I wear whatever is comfy and not hideous. I usually have a T-shirt on underneath a zip-up hoodie. I usually wear jeans and sneakers at school and sweatpants at home. So, nothing fancy.
(This coming from a 17 year old about to turn 18 this month.)

Sempiternal
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2012, 11:43 pm

I only paint my nails once in a while. It does feel a bit weird, but not to the point of bothering me. Actually, I never really paint my nails, other people do it for me when they're bored or when they just feel like treating me like I'm their doll to play dress-up with. :lol:

I guess I put on makeup more often than I paint my nails, but it's not an everyday thing. Wearing makeup is reserved for special occassions, or when I get bored at home. I don't put much on either, mostly just some eyeliner and mascara and I'm done. I constantly wash my face and it would really bother me if I can only wash certain parts when I'm wearing makeup, so heavy makeup would be a problem for me.

As for clothes? I have no idea, I just wear what I like. I guess I wear a lot of Hollister? The clothes there are pretty comfortable and light, except for this one sweater I have, which makes me feel like my arms are on fire. The feeling goes away after a while at least.

I might also be squirming in my seat due to clothes tags, but I'm better with them now then I was back when I was a little kid. I would argue with my mother and refuse to wear the shirt with said tag until she cut it off. My mother would eventually give up and cut the tags for me, which would make it feel ten times worse because it wasn't removed properly.

WerewolfPoet
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 12:28 pm

What is this make-up you speak of?
Oh, wait--is it that expensive stuff that my friends sometimes force on me and that I think makes me look HIDEOUS while everyone else on the planet thinks it makes me look like a "supermodel"?
Yeah, I only wear that stuff on special occasions that my friends warrant that my typical facial features are unworthy of the situation.
Nail polish is a sometimes for me. I am completely indifferent about it--I don't mind wearing it and actually rather enjoy having my hands touched, though I could never wear it again and be perfectly fine.
As for clothing: again, I'm indifferent. There are certain textures that I dislike more than others, though I can "get over it" and wear just about anything. My typical attire is having no typical attire: sometimes, I wear long socks, skirts, and a cute, frilly shirt, while other times I wear a t-shirt and blue-jeans or even a t-shirt and gym shorts. I very seldomly wear jewelry barring formal occasions.
Of course, I do not judge anybody who does wear make up, jewelry, or nail polish. I bet that you are all beautiful, regardless on how you decided to decorate yourself. :)

yety1966
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Sep 2018, 1:51 pm

Put some polish on those nails and plan some nail craftsmanship. The finger magnificence doesn't need to end at vegan nail polish, the most effective method to play nail makeover.

inkgirl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Jul 2019, 12:37 am

I never quite understood makeup and fashion. Well, I understand it from an artist's point of view, but that's about it. I don't wear makeup. I don't paint my nails. I wear whatever happens to be sitting in my dresser drawer, and if I'm feeling productive, I'll remember to put on clean clothes every other day or so. The fanciest you'll ever see me is in clean clothes, with maybe a pair of earrings. That's it. Except nearly all my clothes are stained with ink or paint, so they're never really clean....

ZeroFactorial
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Aug 2019, 12:22 pm

No because I'm hardcore. Just kidding, I don't know how to tie up my hair, wear nail polish or apply makeup.

I had to wear glasses earlier this year and I didn't know those "cleaner juices" (don't know what it's called in English) existed. Everytime my glasses blurred, I used to spit on them and clean it with my shirt. One of my classmates were so grossed out and he told me about the "cleaner juice".

Peta
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Sep 2019, 6:46 am

I like nail polish different colors

randomusername
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Nov 2019, 7:12 pm

For a second long as I can remember, I’ve been biting my nails so short, they’re all 1/8-1/4 inch long (from my cuticle to the end), so even if I wanted to paint my nails, there’s barely any nail to paint.
When I was younger, 8 or so, I went through a short phase where I like doing makeup and nail polish, but besides that, I’ve never really cared. As far as clothes go, I don’t really care about fashion, and buy a bunch of the same same things and just wear the same thing every day.