Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

EnglishJess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2012, 5:38 am

Once, my stepdad asked me to hoover the floor, so I did, and when I was done, I asked if I should "send" the hoover back upstairs, when I meant to say "take" instead. So then my stepdad kept on telling it to go upstairs, and I found it funny.

japan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Sep 2012, 5:10 pm

One time, My brother and I went to starbucks on EarthDay. We brought our own coffee mugs because you can get a free coffee on earthday if you do that. When we got out of the car, we accidentally left the keys in the ignition with the car turned on. We had to wait half an hour with the car on while my parents brought us the spare keys.

OCD_Angel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Sep 2012, 5:26 pm

EnglishJess wrote:
Once, my stepdad asked me to hoover the floor, so I did, and when I was done, I asked if I should "send" the hoover back upstairs, when I meant to say "take" instead. So then my stepdad kept on telling it to go upstairs, and I found it funny.

:lol: I love dads with a sense of humour.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

20 Sep 2012, 9:12 pm

During SakuraCon 2012:
My 'brother' and I were sitting down in one of the sitting areas, and he was reading the paper con sked. Then, unsuspectingly, I took a pic of him reading the sked. Then I showed it to him, he said to me, "YOU <CHICKEN>! LOOTERY!" (The 'lootery' thing is an inside joke of ours.) He of course was joking about it, and I went along with the joke. :D

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 6:51 pm

In 2007/8, I imagined what would happen if High School Musical were to become anime. I got a lot of negative reactions.

BlueElephantKing
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Oct 2012, 9:21 pm

I feel bad about this story, but I still think it's kinda funny. When I was 10, I was in summer camp, and one of my bunk-mates told me that this girl we knew had a crush on me. I got curious, so I went up to her and innocently asked "Hey, do you want me to be your boyfriend?" She didn't have a rude response, she just said "Oh no, I already have a boyfriend, if I dated you, I would be cheating on him." Of course, being a aspie, I gave an honest answer, "Good, because I don't find you attractive at all", I simply walked away. I know it's mean, but it is a little funny.

sisymay
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Oct 2012, 10:57 pm

Hi I'm new here. Just going thru the posts. When I saw this one, funny story about yourself. This come to my mind.
When I was about 15 ( a LONG time ago) I went skating with a couple of friends. Neither of us could skate well. We could fly on the carpeted area, though! We were going thru the carpet area to the bathroom. We didn't know it, but the bathroom didn't have carpet. We opened the door and had to hold on to each other! The girls in there laughed at us.
I got in the stall, but couldn't stand well so I had to hold on to the door while using the bathroom. Well, the door closed by magnets instead of a slide lock. So, the door come open, I was holding onto it to keep from falling, and my pants were down!

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 7:10 am

I love these stories, people. Keep it going. :D

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 9:58 pm

More of a funny con story: At KumoriCon 2011, I was at the game show panel. The Q in the Press Your Luck game was asking for the character in the Halo games whose name is Master ______. While we all know it's Master Chief, one guy interjected "Master Baiter." Cue me cracking up like crazy.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2012, 10:39 pm

At SakuraCon 2012: A close con staff friend I know runs all the game show panels. So, while we were playing Press Your Luck, they said that 'Nobody who gave any questions for this game can play', and the host said, "That means you, Buffalo Sabres!" I was wearing my Sabres jersey. :D

WittyMoniker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Nov 2012, 10:53 pm

I love hockey but have always been terrible at it, mostly since I didn't start skating until I was 16 and playing until I was 17. And this was in Ohio, which isn't exactly a powerhouse of a hockey state. Anyways, when I was 21, I moved to Texas-- not exactly a place known for hockey, but they had drop-in sessions at the local rink so I decided I'd start playing again after a significant absence from the game.

So the whole day, I was talking smack to my wife (my girlfriend then) about how I was going to go out there and skate circles around all these Texans who don't know a thing about that northern sport. Yeah, I kind of forgot about all the Air Force people here who are from all over the country, and even all over the world. So not only was I getting slaughtered out there, but I made the mistake of eating only an hour before playing.

Well... it's not just swimming where you have to wait a while after eating before doing it. On my way back to the bench, up came my sandwich and fries on the ice. My wife now calls me Drewster Pukester because of it. I thought it had blown over until I got an email a couple years ago from someone on a completely unrelated topic saying "You may remember me, we played hockey a few times; I was there when you had your stomach issue on the ice."

bigwheel
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Nov 2012, 11:51 pm

I have a funny story about when the Hawgs ate my Little Brother back in the Winter of 56. Or it seemed funny at the time. Mama did not think it was all that humorous. I cant decide. What do yall think?

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2012, 11:58 pm

WittyMoniker wrote:
I love hockey but have always been terrible at it, mostly since I didn't start skating until I was 16 and playing until I was 17. And this was in Ohio, which isn't exactly a powerhouse of a hockey state. Anyways, when I was 21, I moved to Texas-- not exactly a place known for hockey, but they had drop-in sessions at the local rink so I decided I'd start playing again after a significant absence from the game.

So the whole day, I was talking smack to my wife (my girlfriend then) about how I was going to go out there and skate circles around all these Texans who don't know a thing about that northern sport. Yeah, I kind of forgot about all the Air Force people here who are from all over the country, and even all over the world. So not only was I getting slaughtered out there, but I made the mistake of eating only an hour before playing.

Well... it's not just swimming where you have to wait a while after eating before doing it. On my way back to the bench, up came my sandwich and fries on the ice. My wife now calls me Drewster Pukester because of it. I thought it had blown over until I got an email a couple years ago from someone on a completely unrelated topic saying "You may remember me, we played hockey a few times; I was there when you had your stomach issue on the ice."

Not to be condescending, but I take it you've heard of either the Columbus Blue Jackets and/or the Dallas Stars? Just wonderin'.

WittyMoniker

29 Nov 2012, 9:40 pm

equestriatola wrote:
Not to be condescending, but I take it you've heard of either the Columbus Blue Jackets and/or the Dallas Stars? Just wonderin'.

Oh, I have. But they're fairly new teams and Ohio and Texas still primarily football states, and aren't as well-known for hockey as much as places like Massachusetts, Michigan, or Minnesota.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2012, 6:47 pm

Wow, I sure have shared my fair share of stories. :D

Zokk
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2012, 7:17 pm

I have too may to list, and 95% of them are the 'you had to be there' kind. There was the time my brother and I were over at a friend's house, in the kitchen, all three of us drinking tropical Kool-Aid. While I wasn't paying attention to my drink, my brother proceeded to spike it with Mr. Yoshida's sauce. And then I drank it before I realized what he'd done to it...

Two morals to the story: Never leave your drink unattended, and Kool-Aid and Mr. Yoshida's don't mix.