Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Civ001
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Sep 2012, 12:21 pm

I have a cell phone but I mostly use it for internet and that is just it. But for some reason none ever text me at all. Once in a blue moon someone would text me but it would seem kind of random to me because I am used to none texing me. But for the rest of the year my phone is mostly silent. The only person who I would really call or text are my parents but everyone else dosen't even respond to me. How does this make you feel when none ever text you? I generally don't care about not getting called because I don't like to talk on the phone much but whenever I see that I have no text on my phone I feel really loney. How about you?

chiastic_slide
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Sep 2012, 12:32 pm

I have 100 texts on my phone......all of which are from my mum :lol: .
I never take it with me unless I know I'm going to need it and generally don't use it (except to text my mum).
It cost £10 and has a black and white screen. I have no interest in upgrading.
I figure I should be used to non-responses by now to my social advances (usually via email). I mostly have a sinking feeling that I shouldn't have sent the last message because it was probably wierd.

omega26
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Sep 2012, 2:32 pm

Pretty much all the time, I have to text people in order for them to text me, so I can really relate.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 2:54 pm

Yeah my friends text me a lot but it's usually Hey what's up. It's usually nothing exciting. I prefer texting over phone calls as well.

Colinn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 3:24 pm

Rarely and I'm glad about that. I hate texts or phone calls.

Canaspie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 3:31 pm

lostgirl1986 wrote:
Yeah my friends text me a lot but it's usually Hey what's up. It's usually nothing exciting. I prefer texting over phone calls as well.

^^this^^

9 times out of 10, my texts from friends are when we're at school and looking to find each other on campus - I never, ever actually call or get called by my friends - only text. Although I didn't have a cell phone at all until I started university, and only really started using it frequently in 2nd year.

JitakuKeibiinB
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 4:41 pm

I don't have a phone now, but when I did, no. I only texted family members when I needed something. Not my parents, they don't know how to text. Towards the end of the month it'd always go like:

244/250 SMS messages remaining
"Well, I guess I'd better talk to Google a bit."

...Then again, I didn't have any friends most of the time that I had a phone.

ghoti
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 4:57 pm

I have to pay extra for sending and receiving texts, so i have to explicitly say "no textng"

deltafunction
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 4:59 pm

Usually only my boyfriend texts me for fun, but hey, sometimes friends do. But not as often as my coworkers texting me to ask me to take on more shifts.

Autinger
Toucan
Toucan

05 Sep 2012, 5:08 pm

I don't get any texts either.

Over the years I've been really surprised and pissed off about this because I really thought I did pretty well socially on school. I've even texted and emailed myself from other sources regularly to see if it wasn't something on my end messing up.

I stopped hoping however when I got an email a couple months back from "my last best friend" about how "they talked about me at "the reunion"" and figured he'd thank me for the nice email I send him months earlier about his mother passing on which he never replied too. I apparently wasn't invited to this reunion, nor important enough to be included in the mourning even though I spend years as what I thought was his best friend and was "another son" to his parents but was topic of conversation anyway.

I really really really don't get what happened for me to receive this lepers treatment from everyone and especially him. And the sad part is I'm digging really deep to find some kind of explanation to blame it on me to justify their actions. Like.. "well last time I saw them I may have said that -I- would call -them-" or "maybe he figured out I was secretly in love with his 2 year younger sister and hates me for it"..

Ah well, I don't think I'll ever have friends anymore.. it just feels strange.. I have this picture in my head of friends having childhood/school memories, and forfilling the dreams/pacts you made about taking a roadtrip across America, that sort of stuff.

solitarymonkey
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Sep 2012, 5:11 pm

The only time anyone other than my girlfriend texts me, or contacts me at all via any platform for that fact, is when someone wants me to fix something. Usually a computer or similar type device. Cliche muchly?

LordExiron
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Sep 2012, 8:46 pm

Not as much as other people seem to get. There are a few from my dad and boyfriend and fair amount from one friend of mine. I definitely prefer them to phone calls, but I'm just not super social.

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2012, 1:44 am

If I'm bored and want to chat with someone, I usually take the initiative and do so. This is because I have a a handful of friends that I seem to bond with almost exclusively through texts and messages, since they live a few hours away and I don't get to see them often. With my parents, closest friends and boyfriend, I'll send messages to arrange meetups and the like, but most of our communication is done in person or through longer messages/emails. I feel like texts should be reserved for friends who I only see once in a while.

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

06 Sep 2012, 3:27 am

Quite a bit, really. I do it when I can't get on Facebook.

Dent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Sep 2012, 11:37 pm

My sort-of-friend from high school still texts me pretty much every day. I don't know why, because she has lots of other friends, or she did, and we never really hung out in school, just a quick hug and maybe walking with her to class.

Another friend texts two or three times a week, but we still hang out occasionally.

Moonhawk
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 5:32 am

Rarely anyone ever texts me, which is because almost all my friends are across the world :x