Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

angelofdarkness
Toucan
Toucan

07 Sep 2012, 7:58 pm

i dont like lunch at all cause there is no place for me to sit but what happened today really upset me. So I sat down at a table first and some people came and sat down when I went to get lunch but what made me made was they forced me to move when i sat there first. :cry: I ended up having to go to the guidance counsler about it since I was so upset.

OddDuckNash99
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2012, 9:58 pm

Next time, leave something non-valuable (like a textbook, not your purse or something) on the table at your seat while you go get your lunch. That way, you have clearly shown that you have chosen to sit there first. :wink:

Nash: Is there a difference?

angelofdarkness
Toucan
Toucan

08 Sep 2012, 6:02 am

thanks for the advice but i tried that and they just moved it.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2012, 12:06 pm

angelofdarkness wrote:
i dont like lunch at all cause there is no place for me to sit but what happened today really upset me. So I sat down at a table first and some people came and sat down when I went to get lunch but what made me made was they forced me to move when i sat there first. :cry: I ended up having to go to the guidance counsler about it since I was so upset.

Bring someone else with you next time.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2012, 12:07 pm

angelofdarkness wrote:

Bring someone else with you next time.

Obviously I'm no suave Adonis either, but more background information would help a lot.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2012, 3:46 pm

the 'book on table' should work for most people i know as a clear indication of 'i'll be right back'.
i myself however dont really like eating lunch in the main hall anyway, too much people and conversations going on there.
i generally take my lunch back to the lecture/group room i was in before lunch, or am supposed to be after, and eat there, or i go outside if weather allows that, eating my lunch in peaceful solitude, recharging my batteries for the second half of the day

g2
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Sep 2012, 7:35 pm

I have had similar experiences a ton. Eventually my feeling got to be that they're all idiots and probably not worth being near(did cool down after a few weeks a bit). I do homework at lunch usually, so where I sit doesn't matter much to me, though I somewhat prefer to be near an open window when possible. If it really bothers you, you ought to tell a teacher or administrator, and let them deal with it for you.

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2012, 8:14 pm

Add more fuel to fire my misanthropy why don't you. :lol:

angelofdarkness
Toucan
Toucan

08 Sep 2012, 9:03 pm

izzeme wrote:
the 'book on table' should work for most people i know as a clear indication of 'i'll be right back'.
i myself however dont really like eating lunch in the main hall anyway, too much people and conversations going on there.
i generally take my lunch back to the lecture/group room i was in before lunch, or am supposed to be after, and eat there, or i go outside if weather allows that, eating my lunch in peaceful solitude, recharging my batteries for the second half of the day

as i said before that didnt work when i tried it

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 5:27 pm

Can you get your food before you sit down? Or go to a classroom and eat it?

younginflavor18
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Sep 2012, 8:03 pm

If I was you, I simply eat outside if there are seats or nab another seat inside the cafeteria. The people who forced you to move out of your seat when you sat there first aren't worth your time and being friends with.

Keep your head up, things will get better for you. :wink:

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2012, 9:52 pm

Do not think that you must win, simply know that you do not have to lose.

See, NTs have a weakness too. They can't stand awkwardness. My strategy for people like that is to make them feel awkward by turning on the awkward yet 100% innocent aspie conversation. For example:

"Oh, pardon, I was sitting here first. Did you not see my bag? What move? Oh, well I guess I could do that, or we could talk about ANTS! Do you want to know more about ANTS? Did I tell you I have been stung by every species of Pseudomyrmex found in the state both native and invasive? No? Not interested in ants? That's okay. How about rice. Do you like to eat rice? Rice is my favorite gra- HEY! WHERE ARE YOU GOING?! Oh dear! I guess I have this table to myself... :twisted: "

The important thing is confidence. Even if you don't have confidence in the social situation, just show them something you are confident about and they'll either a. be more interested in knowing you, or more likely b. get confused and run away. Either way, you have a place to eat lunch.

This is how I survived school. It's a balsy strategy, but it works for some people. Plus, you make only the most awesome and balsy ant&rice-loving friends.