Page 442 of 649 [ 10384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 439, 440, 441, 442, 443, 444, 445 ... 649  Next

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Mar 2019, 2:41 pm

Would you care to send me one of your dreams?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 2:48 pm

Did you know someone in my family is at McGill Law School?

Is NDG near Concordia?

Did you know I'll try to think of a recurring dream for you?

Do they need to involve other people as muses?

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Mar 2019, 6:06 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Did you know someone in my family is at McGill Law School?
A student seeking an elderly roommate?

Is NDG near Concordia?
Can you take Concordia's shuttle bus to its little satellite campus? That would bring you with ten blocks of me.

Did you know I'll try to think of a recurring dream for you?
Did you know details are important?

Do they need to involve other people as muses?
Did you know that, from Jungian context, there are no 'other' people? Just the Self.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Mar 2019, 6:09 pm

What was your favourite childhood story?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 6:17 pm

Did you know that Isabella would love to answer you?

She's having trouble signing onto WrongPlanet at the present time.

Did you know that she really likes you?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 7:05 pm

Did you know Isabella resolved her problem, and is back on WrongPlanet right now?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 7:13 pm

Did you know I thank you wholeheartedly for your help tonight, kortie .... otherwise I'd still be locked out?

Did you know Claradoon that these are some of my recurring dreams (in extreme abbreviation):

- going to a pet shop from my childhood to see the kittens and simultaneously looking out the door of the shopping centre into the dark, realising I would have to walk home alone to my parents' house in deep snow?

- being in the back or passenger seat of a fast car with no driver and having to reach around to take the wheel without being able to reach the pedals?

- watching an airplane crash in the distance and pointing at it, but being more curious than alarmed?

- being in a big old house and the owners finally leave, so I can explore all the scary rooms that I've dreamed of before (it's always lucid), and sometimes the scary parts are upstairs but sometimes downstairs?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 7:16 pm

Claradoon wrote:
What was your favourite childhood story?

Did you know that beyond AA Milne it was Carolyn Haywood's Here's a Penny, or Charlotte's Web and The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe?

What was yours?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 1:14 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Did you know I thank you wholeheartedly for your help tonight, kortie .... otherwise I'd still be locked out?

Did you know Claradoon that these are some of my recurring dreams (in extreme abbreviation):

- going to a pet shop from my childhood to see the kittens and simultaneously looking out the door of the shopping centre into the dark, realising I would have to walk home alone to my parents' house in deep snow?

- being in the back or passenger seat of a fast car with no driver and having to reach around to take the wheel without being able to reach the pedals?

- watching an airplane crash in the distance and pointing at it, but being more curious than alarmed?

- being in a big old house and the owners finally leave, so I can explore all the scary rooms that I've dreamed of before (it's always lucid), and sometimes the scary parts are upstairs but sometimes downstairs?

What do you make of this dream from today, Claradoon?
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=125660&p=8188732#p8188732

zcientist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Mar 2019, 1:33 pm

Do you know about the greatness of yerba mate tea?

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Mar 2019, 8:31 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Did you know that Isabella would love to answer you?

She's having trouble signing onto WrongPlanet at the present time.

Did you know that she really likes you?

Thank you! I really like her too. Maybe we're soul-mates.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Mar 2019, 8:32 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Did you know Isabella resolved her problem, and is back on WrongPlanet right now?

Did you know I was totally off-line for awhile? It came back by itself, as it usually does.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Mar 2019, 8:39 pm

zcientist wrote:
Do you know about the greatness of yerba mate tea?

I looked it up here

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingre ... yerba-mate

and saw many wonderful benefits but a side effect of aggravating anxiety
which might let me out. I did notice that it's a holly plant and available
at Amazon and Walmart.

Do you use it? How are the results?

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Mar 2019, 8:50 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

Not sure where to answer but I'll put it here. This'll be quick and kind of surface. Jungian analysis takes meditative thought. None of this is written in stone, it's only helpful hints. Jung said every dreamer is unique.

First, a house. The main floor is your public persona. The basement is your subconscious. The upper floor is your intellect. I can't remember what the attic is.

Water is consciousness. You open the water to clean your body (?) but it swamps your intellect. I wonder what ankle-deep is about. Very important: absolute barrier between upstairs and downstairs = barrier between Self and public persona?

Maybe that's enough for now. Remember there's only you in the dream; you are the water etc.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 9:01 pm

Claradoon wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

Not sure where to answer but I'll put it here. This'll be quick and kind of surface. Jungian analysis takes meditative thought. None of this is written in stone, it's only helpful hints. Jung said every dreamer is unique.

First, a house. The main floor is your public persona. The basement is your subconscious. The upper floor is your intellect. I can't remember what the attic is.

Water is consciousness. You open the water to clean your body (?) but it swamps your intellect. I wonder what ankle-deep is about. Very important: absolute barrier between upstairs and downstairs = barrier between Self and public persona?

Maybe that's enough for now. Remember there's only you in the dream; you are the water etc.

Did you know that's actually quite interesting??! Did you notice I was on the upper-floor of my house (intellect), or that the water had a side edge so it wouldn't go down the stairs (to my public persona)? Can you picture this: it looked like there was a glass barrier at the top of the stairs keeping the water in a straight line, upstairs?

Do you know I wish I could remember the church lady? Can you believe in the dream it was like "OMG this is a dream but I definitely do remember you from when I was three!" ? Do you know it seemed significant to see her and remember her, even in the dream?

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Mar 2019, 9:14 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

Kittens = warm, helpless, loving. But your own destiny is to go alone in the deep snow. Makes me think of the The Little Match Girl, looking at a warm happy home but destined to stand in the snow.

Nobody is driving your car, your life. Nobody is caring for you, keeping safe your ways. Some would react passively but you feel obliged to try the impossible, reach the wheel and the pedals. You don't give up, ever. The dream might sound like a warning to stop trying so hard? Timing of dream: were you driving at the time?

Responsible but remote. Emotional distance necessary to preserve the Self, who does not take in the horror?

Here you dream again of a house. Any link to recent dream about shower?
Big old house - contains all of scary secrets lurking beyond Self?
The owners finally leave - now you have the power to investigate?
I envy your lucid dreams; I've never done that.