Strange spatial phenomenon I experience

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Autinger
Toucan
Toucan

09 Sep 2012, 11:59 pm

Oh man!

I totally had this when I was younger and had the flu. I can very vividly remember laying on the couch and staring at the top corner of the room and then seeing and -feeling- this "thing" turning back and forth and it felt really comfortable and soothing even though it appeared to be all the way in the corner. Like it beamed across the room into me.

I can totally see how "some" people may experience something like this as an "act" of "somekind" or "someone".

Aalto
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Sep 2012, 9:04 pm

Rascal77s wrote:
Here let me step out of the box for a minute. Instead of researching it why don't you speak to a doctor about it and try to determine whether it's something you should really worry about.

Thing is, I don't think it's serious enough to get a doctor involved. If you get a similar nightmare once every four months or so, you're unlikely to bring it up to your GP. I'd maybe bring it up one day in casual conversation with a doctor or psychologist, but other than that . . .

C0MPAQ
Toucan
Toucan

10 Sep 2012, 9:49 pm

Would be really interesting to know what l-tyrosine does for you, though pig/cow muscle meat is the better choice if your body runs short on chemicals. l-tyrosine is suited for vegans afaik and it goes at about 300€/kg. You only need to eat about 3-0.5g a day.

As always, only buy supplements from (legally valid) pharmacies and not from supermuscle5000xy or something like that.

EDIT: l-tyrosine is an amino acid and contained in a lot of foods (mostly foods from animals). It is not a psychoactive drug and you won't really notice much from it.

I was banned 1 minute after creating a thread which criticized the moderation, by mentioning issues like political censorship, social problems and problems of autism unfriendliness, especially in the chat.

Please contact me on http://aspiefriends.net

jagatai
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2012, 3:34 pm

C0MPAQ wrote:
Would be really interesting to know what l-tyrosine does for you, though pig/cow muscle meat is the better choice if your body runs short on chemicals. l-tyrosine is suited for vegans afaik and it goes at about 300€/kg. You only need to eat about 3-0.5g a day.

As always, only buy supplements from (legally valid) pharmacies and not from supermuscle5000xy or something like that.

EDIT: l-tyrosine is an amino acid and contained in a lot of foods (mostly foods from animals). It is not a psychoactive drug and you won't really notice much from it.

This may or may not apply since it's only a single anecdotal point, but I experienced this spacial phenomenon when I was younger and still ate meat. I became a vegetarian when I was 29 and while I have had the experience since then, it has only become rarer and rarer. I noticed no relationship between this experience and becoming a vegetarian. If it were reduced by amino acids that one gets in meats, I would expect the phenomenon to increase with becoming a vegetarian. While it is possible l-tyrosine would help, I haven't seen anything that connects the two.

To Rascal77s, It's not something that I would think to go to a doctor for. For me, the experience is a bit odd, but not terribly disturbing. Nor does it last for more than a few seconds. If it went on for long periods of time or occurred frequently then yes, seeking help would be a good idea. In my case, it's a bit like standing up too fast and getting dizzy for a moment. Unpleasant, but nothing to worry about if it is a rare occurrence.

Thea
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Sep 2012, 4:11 pm

I believe it is called 'Alice In Wonderland syndrome'

Aalto
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Sep 2012, 5:51 pm

Thea wrote:
I believe it is called 'Alice In Wonderland syndrome'

Bang! That sounds like it. Thanks.