How do you decorate your house for Christmas?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2006, 3:45 am

How do you decorate your house for Christmas?

I only decorate the family tree and my dog's tree (yes, she has her own tree). I don't decorate the exterior of the house.

In Texas, a popular decoration is Christmas lights that are shaped like chili peppers. I don't have those. There is a house in our neighborhood that has a big float of Santa Claus riding a Harley.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

06 Dec 2006, 3:49 am

We used to get a fake tree, but the constant throwing away of them got annoying, so we get a fake one. Still, I miss that lovely Pine Tree smell.

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2006, 3:56 am

KBABZ wrote:
We used to get a fake tree, but the constant throwing away of them got annoying, so we get a fake one. Still, I miss that lovely Pine Tree smell.

Fake trees are recommended, because if a real tree is not watered adequately and regularly, it can be a fire hazard when combined with the lights.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2006, 4:04 am

all depends. but I'm not home this year, I did decorate my dorm room, with lots of lights. I now don't have to turn on the reg lights, I've got enough light to read by. whoootooot!

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2006, 4:45 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
KBABZ wrote:

Fake trees are recommended, because if a real tree is not watered adequately and regularly, it can be a fire hazard when combined with the lights.

Tim

But... the smell! That lovely smell...! !

In a way
We all go there

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2006, 5:21 am

We decorate our living room with a tree (fake but looks real, no nice pine smell though) and I make a holly and ivy garland for over the fireplace and put candles in it.
I only put glass baubles on the high brances of the tree otherwise our cat think they are for him to knock off, chase around the room and smash. :lol:

Corcovado
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2006, 5:37 am

KBABZ wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
KBABZ wrote:

Tim

But... the smell! That lovely smell...! !

I support getting a fake tree.

If you miss the smell KBABZ can't you get some pine branches and use for decorations? Arrange them nicely and put a candle in the middle.

I don't have ANY decorations, eccept for a candle my friend gave me.

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2006, 5:48 am

Well, we do have some Pine Trees beyond my backyard. However I don't think my parent's would appreciate me ripping off tree limbs. Oh, and an award to you for spelling my username right.

*updates sig yet again!*

In a way
We all go there

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2006, 7:05 am

We don't decorate at all. We don't even put up a tree or anything. One year, my mom didn't even bother wrapping up the presents! Yeah, everything's really festive around here...

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2006, 7:15 am

How about pine-scented candles? these might be nice to get a pine scent if you're not having a real tree.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2006, 7:38 am

I have a red, white and blue Christmas Tree in my pad. I have a few decorations scattered around, but not very much. I don't have lights hangning from my porch railing.

chadders
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Dec 2006, 8:10 am

Recently it has become a regular event to place at least one Christmas item in every room and to decorate the lounge room more extensively than the rest of the house. By extensively I mean tinsel on the roof, a Christmas tree, lights and other small ornaments. Looks welcoming.

- Chadders.