Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

09 Dec 2006, 10:24 pm

thinkfoundation wrote:
TheMachine1,

Your point is taken, but I never mentioned anything about Think Computer Foundation having anything to do with credit repair--you did!

Aaron

I know I did I was providing an example to people how non-profits operate everday
advertising credit repair help and many are under investigation by the FTC and in control of known shady people. My point being the word "non-profit" means absoluely
nothing to thinking person trying to determine if an organization is legit. So were back to do we trust you with our private information?

KimJ
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2006, 11:18 pm

The credit report thing was an analogy. My own employer, which was a non-profit, sold my name to other businesses soliciting stuff!

I did respond to another survey that wasn't worded like thinkfoundation's. the contact info was voluntary, so that you could anonymously answer it. so, there are better studies going on elsewhere, affiliated directly with universities.

Thinkfoundation, you invited me to help with suggestions. No thanks, I'm not interested in contributing to anything that is searching for a cure and sees autistic people as medical patients. Again, if you want to understand the differences that exist between the autism community and the autistic community, please look it up at wikipedia. It would help explain what is going on here.

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2006, 12:56 am

I still think he's a data farmer and needs to be dealt with as such.

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

10 Dec 2006, 1:37 am

Guys!! What are you doing!? I don't see why you can't give this guy a chance! I'm getting a bit iffed about how rejective you are to this guy. Have you noticed at just how honest he is? He said himself that he logged on specifically for showing us this, and to discuss further aspects, showing that he wants to develop this further. I don't know about you but to me that's a sign of authenticity.

Furthermore, he gets an award for spelling my username right.
*updates sig*

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

KimJ
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2006, 1:52 am

KBABZ, we're not answering in unison here. So, whom are you addressing? I'm replying to his posts and the survey in question and the subsequent invitation to help him reword it. It's not our job to reject or accept but we are discussing how his offensive viewpoint affects us.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2006, 1:54 am

KBABZ,

It IS off on a LOT of different areas!

1. Wrong tone!
2. Wrong info!
3. Misleading.
4. No reasonably usable data.
5. No compliance with various laws.
6. Where does any money go?

Steve

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

10 Dec 2006, 2:35 am

KBABZ wrote:
Guys!! What are you doing!? I don't see why you can't give this guy a chance! I'm getting a bit iffed about how rejective you are to this guy. Have you noticed at just how honest he is? He said himself that he logged on specifically for showing us this, and to discuss further aspects, showing that he wants to develop this further. I don't know about you but to me that's a sign of authenticity.

Furthermore, he gets an award for spelling my username right.
*updates sig*

Its impossible for me using logic to decide if he is being "honest". But I think I can
use logic to determine if he is being dishonest. He choosed not to provide a 2005
finnacial statement. He stated he was not required to file a return because he fell below a minuim. Well that maybe true but he has a form on his website in which he request donations and if he thinks not providing details as to how the money is being spent regardless if he is required to file a return is ethical non-profit operations he is
wrong. Legit Non-profits provide details of how they spend their money when requested. We really have no idea what his self-made , self-controlled non-profit really
does. Which is why the question of honesty comes into question. Could providing info
to him harm my autisic brothers? Maybe .Could providing info to him help my autisic
brothers? Unlikley. People who are about making money I understand(its a normal motivation). People who have misguided ideas to save the world scare me. My question now is which of the last 2 possiblity is the motivation of the non-profit. Dr NT
anyone?

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

10 Dec 2006, 3:03 am

Okay, okay, sorry, I was just getting a bit wound up at this. In my last post here, I guess I meant each of you for each of your different areas. I think SteveK's points are valid, although I'm fairly certain that Mr. foundation would be willing to change things around a bit.

EDIT: And then Machine's post comes around, which mixes it up a tiny bit. Okay, I see where you're coming from.

Also, I forgot to give the two awards for correct username spelling. *updates sig*

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2006, 11:02 am

thinkfoundation, what sort of normative data are you collecting for? I mean, what exactly are you expecting to see?

i.e., what's your null?

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/