Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 10:49 pm

MXH wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:
spongy wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:
Just got back from a date, got another one tomorrow so I've been a bit busy.

To be honest, pick up artist is bound isn't going to hurt and to have the knowledge available to use won't be detrimental in any way to the person or relationship. In fact, it will give them a greater chance of being able to start a relationship and to know what to look out for.

The simple fact is that even the most subtle of women play games in a very subtle manner, it's being able to pick up on it, assess it and realize what you need to do.

MXH has made it clear several times that he isnt against PUA
He also has made it clear that he is against people that lie and presenting something that comes straiglht from a PUA website as your own work(what you did at the first post) is something that doesnt go well with him.

Everything is derived from everything in some way, that's just the way things work. Its like building a house, there are other ways to do it but doing out another way may require more time and materials than the conventional way. I'm not for or against it as, some of it has potential and some of it doesn't but its not suited to everyone. One size fits all is a good point but the methods here are vague like the previous idea of using a numbers methods.

but you didnt just use the foundation, you literally explained what a sh** test was and how to beat it the exact same way as the page you got it from did. By your analogy you didnt even paint the walls of the house and called it new.

Something like that would require a book to be written and from what we have at the moment for people on the spectrum, books on relationships aimed towards adult men are pretty low. However there are more books and publications aimed at women, it seems male adult love & dating material is a risky ground or path to walk and I'll admit it is because there's always a chance of people misinterpreting that information. Yes, it is reused material but it's reliable material and sources, there are certain things that can be taken from different sources and books. Everything is derived from something, name one band or film script that is solely unique and original because you will be very hard pressed to find one.

For instance, people thought the film the Matrix was a highly innovative script but if you look back, you'll see other films that also did something similar at the time such as Dark City, Existenz and the 13th floor also did a similar script of a virtual reality.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 11:36 pm

similar and the same are two different things

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 11:56 pm

MXH wrote:
similar and the same are two different things

Perhaps so but I wouldn't say exactly the same as the key point in overall is explained and it's something that can benefit many guys on the spectrum. It's a theme that is important and it's very important not to be insecure, needy or desperate in the initial stages. As you know having a positive attitude over a negative one always wins because you have more determination and effort to improve yourself for the better.

In other words, the guy who sits in his basement feeling negativity isn't going to feel encouraged or even handle one rejection well whether it is from employment or a love interest. The guy who is positive is likely to bounce back and will be more determined to succeed and achieve at his personal goals.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 11:59 pm

I can't believe you are arguing that you didn't copy the article and try to pass it off as your own.
Sorry but we're rational guys telling you exactly what you did. We aren't women you have to prove wrong as part of your PUA methods.
We're also not all beta males that can coerce into being wrong :lol: you copied/reworded an article though left it in the same format, and tried to pass it off as your own.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 12:12 am

JanuaryMan wrote:
I can't believe you are arguing that you didn't copy the article and try to pass it off as your own.
Sorry but we're rational guys telling you exactly what you did. We aren't women you have to prove wrong as part of your PUA methods.
We're also not all beta males that can coerce into being wrong :lol: you copied/reworded an article though left it in the same format, and tried to pass it off as your own.

Not exactly, yes the first paragraph introduces the article but the two paragraphs at the end of the article are my own. Nevertheless the method is the same, according to your own theory, everything is passed on since we all use sources of information that is processed so according to you every piece of information would be considered as unoriginal in publications that deal in these types of writing.

I don't know why you take this forum so seriously to be precise, it's not as if it's literature or poetry, it is simply a love and dating forum to help people on the spectrum. It's not screen writing or as if we are going to be using it to film something any time soon.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 12:20 am

Wolfheart wrote:
I don't know why you take this forum so seriously to be precise, it's not as if it's literature or poetry, it is simply a love and dating forum to help people on the spectrum. It's not screen writing or as if we are going to be using it to film something any time soon.

No no! Don't try and spin this back on me.. you got caught out. You've been trying to avoid it for 2 pages. I probably sound like I'm being serious because well, I'm an Aspie, but all I'm doing is what others have been doing and that's calling an orange an orange.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 12:25 am

JanuaryMan wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:

No no, don't try and spin this back on me.. you got caught out. You've been trying to avoid it for 2 pages. I probably sound like I'm being serious because well, I'm an Aspie, but all I'm doing is what others have been doing and that's calling an orange and orange.

I don't know what you mean by caught out, I never claimed the article was an original publication of mine. I simply made it more appropriate and simplified in a way that was more acceptable for a family friendly forum as well as adding a few paragraphs that are my own.

It's not as if I'm publishing these articles on a blog or a book as I don't take it as seriously as you do. If you are going to speak in that context, there are plenty of songs and films that are derived from the works of Shakespeare or Charles Dickens, however this isn't a film, it's simply a small forum aimed at helping people on the spectrum.

If I was really trying to make money or get people to sign up to some kind of paid blog, I would be doing it on a much bigger forum than this one.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 12:47 am

Wolfheart wrote:
I don't know what you mean by caught out, I never claimed the article was an original publication of mine. I simply made it more appropriate and simplified in a way that was more acceptable for a family friendly forum as well as adding a few paragraphs that are my own.

True, but you made no effort to clarify your work was based on an article. Which is the point 3 or more are now trying to make.

Wolfheart wrote:
It's not as if I'm publishing these articles on a blog or a book as I don't take it as seriously as you do. If you are going to speak in that context, there are plenty of songs and films that are derived from the works of Shakespeare or Charles Dickens

Yes I'm aware there's no copyright infringement up in herez lol. Doesn't hurt to credit your sources, rather than take their credit though. The latter is the act of a phoney! By the way this isn't my first venture into forum politics. Normally how it goes is this:
1) When someone who is normally good at socially engineering things is caught out, they deny it.
2) If that fails to work, they throw out distractions such as "you're taking this seriously", or "you're just jealous" and try projecting their motivations onto other people.
3) Last resort is the ultimate distraction of namecalling or attempting to make the other poster mad and seem ridiculous to other posters.

It's not me taking it seriously, it's just there's no other way for me to write it because I have my own writing style when explaining things such as this.

Wolfheart wrote:
however this isn't a film, it's simply a small forum aimed at helping people on the spectrum.

Forum politics again. Rhetoric used to garner support and distract from the issue. It's only a small forum, but I'd like to think many read it. There's over 70,000 WP members. Taking out any alt. accounts a pessimistic 50,000. A lot of us no matter how much we improve are socially inadequate one way or another (I sure am!) and so...Love and Dating is probably read at some point by a good portion of the members. I wouldn't be coy!

Wolfheart wrote:
If I was really trying to make money or get people to sign up to some kind of paid blog, I would be doing it on a much bigger forum than this one.

Who said you were going to do this? We are just trying to point out you took something from an article, dressed it up a little and made it out to be your own. Not like we're making a conspiracy theory out of it.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 1:22 am

The most popular has almost a million posts compared to bodybuilding.com forum which has one forum with over 50 million posts.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 1:45 am

It would be a bad thing if I was taking achievement in it but i'm not, there are much bigger forums than this one I could use, i'm simply doing it to help others.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 1:59 am

It's time for the next L&D Response Thread. Can a cool aspie chick write a post about how aspie chicks assess men?

:D

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 2:01 am

Wolfheart wrote:
spongy wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:
Just got back from a date, got another one tomorrow so I've been a bit busy.

To be honest, pick up artist is bound isn't going to hurt and to have the knowledge available to use won't be detrimental in any way to the person or relationship. In fact, it will give them a greater chance of being able to start a relationship and to know what to look out for.

The simple fact is that even the most subtle of women play games in a very subtle manner, it's being able to pick up on it, assess it and realize what you need to do.

MXH has made it clear several times that he isnt against PUA
He also has made it clear that he is against people that lie and presenting something that comes straiglht from a PUA website as your own work(what you did at the first post) is something that doesnt go well with him.

Everything is derived from everything in some way, that's just the way things work. Its like building a house, there are other ways to do it but doing out another way may require more time and materials than the conventional way. I'm not for or against it as, some of it has potential and some of it doesn't but its not suited to everyone. One size fits all is a good point but the methods here are vague like the previous idea of using a numbers methods.

Everything is derived from everything in some way thats correct.
However when what you are presenting is extremely similar to something that already exists because its based on that you are expected to give the source of inspiration(have you ever read an interview with E. L James?(author of the fastest selling paperback in history if Im not mistaken) the first thing she says is that the books started as fanfiction and she gives the original source. Now I dont praise her works because I have no intention of reading them but I do think that its great that she is being so honest about it and other authors could learn from her on this department)

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 7:12 am

Wolfheart wrote:
The most popular has almost a million posts compared to bodybuilding.com forum which has one forum with over 50 million posts.

then again i doubt people over in body building forum will do anything but make silly photoshops of you and your advice, lol. You posted it in one of the few forums that people in itmight actually be desperate enough to consider as the only truth.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 7:46 am

Wolfheart wrote:
MXH wrote:
TM wrote:
On a second note, I'm sick of being painted as the "bad guy" on this board because I put into clear writing what people are literally saying.

thats why i like your posts. They cut through the layers of BS to the core product while giving a logical and realistic answer/approach to things.

Also wolfy, you dont need to post pics of your chats. They prove nothing, heres literally the first and one of few women i messaged online.

What you are not realizing is that you are showing an example of flirting in this photo which some people on the spectrum may not be aware of, even as something as breaking the ice can be difficult for some people or understanding when something isn't literal so you need to realize there are different levels of the spectrum and for all you know, it can help someone

As I have mentioned before, having good conversational skills on a website is very different to real life and I have encouraged people to real life as a first choice because it is more practical. Many of these forums prefer to use the internet though and for some reason, I'm not sure why they don't do random approaches as girls that don't use dating websites only get approached a few times a week whereas girls on dating sites get hundreds of messages a week.

By the way im bringing this up again because I missed the begining. my chat was exactly like yours. it showed flirting which was just as hard to pick out. If not harder cause we dont even see where you applied any of the things you mention in your threads (minus posting your abs, cause you had to post them twice)

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 8:00 am

yellowtamarin wrote:
It's time for the next L&D Response Thread. Can a cool aspie chick write a post about how aspie chicks assess men?

:D

Dont be silly that post would be meaningless since its well known that females cant accept their nature and they try to deny it.
Its basic biology(even though it wont be backed up by any decent study)

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 8:54 am

MXH wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:

then again i doubt people over in body building forum will do anything but make silly photoshops of you and your advice, lol. You posted it in one of the few forums that people in itmight actually be desperate enough to consider as the only truth.

You clearly haven't been to bodybuilding.com to know they have a very good and respectable relationship help section which offers a good amount of advice if you think it's simply about making silly photo shops. Again there are a lot of trolls in the misc section, not as bad as 4chan but it still has a good amount of advice on it.