A very special obsession brewing within.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2012, 9:31 am

I'm very curious to know if anyone here feels an obsessive urge to be an overachiever? I do. I want to go to only the best schools, the número uno institutes like MIT and Caltech and Harvard. I want to win every competition or project I can get my hands on. This obsessiveness is the very reason why I tried so hard to get into my current high school...these days I suddenly felt that this thing is eerily similar to my autistic interests, which, as most of you know, they for unknown reasons have to be pursued ferociously. And please don't tell me it's an Asian thing. I know that the average Asian wouldn't be this obsessed. :lol:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2012, 11:40 am

I think that's great and you should go for it. You should reach for the stars and do the things that will make you happy. :)

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645

Underscore
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2012, 11:51 am

I was like that before. Very much so. But it didn't evolve to something exclusively positive, as one maybe would expect. A lot had to do with my AS, because I couldn't achieve the grandest things in life because of it, I had to limit myself more, and relax. I listened to Callista on this forum, she has a lot of wise things to say about this. If you can go on with it without meeting a wall or having existential and emotional torment because of it, maybe you should go on ;) If not, this kind of life I have now would be recommended (via Callista)